What's new

Canada's Wonderland | Yukon Striker | B&M Dive Coaster

EpochEmu

Mega Poster
I heard on Reddit the announcement date is August 15th. They could have waited a day till National Roller Coaster Day:p

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Ya know what...maybe they actually did print a tiny little "giga" bit of text in the white space just to **** with all the enthusiasts...just like how King's Island shoveled "giga" in the snow in the frame of their webcam to **** with everybody. It doesn't necessarily mean anything, but it sure gets everybody riled up and talking about the park.

Lofty

CF Legend
Yeah, maybe they knew some little virgin would just be grasping at straws for clues. I absolutely would troll enthusiasts if I was in that position.

Putting 'giga' on the marketing for a new +400ft star flyer would be the best.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
The supports have a lot more blue in them than the previous photos showed. That shade should look really nice with the bright green grass and deeper green trees by the ride.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Luckily the track looks like it has a bit more orange than Valravn's, and comparing the colors to a color wheel, it looks to be a fairly good contrast:

2316833560_c7ced407ce_z.jpg

Looks like the support color could fall somewhere between partitions 27-29, and the track looks like it could fall between 6-7. Once they build an element or two, it should look pleasing.

Matt N

CF Legend
Everyone's favourite coaster conspiracy theorists are at it again:
I can't tell whether Amusement Insiders' ideas have any ground or whether Cedar Fair are just teasing us. If I squint, I can just about see "GIGA" in the zoomed in shot, but it seems a bit far fetched to be a genuine teaser, in my opinion. I'm open to surprises, however, and if Amusement Insiders genuinely are right on 15th August, then I will happily admit they were right!

I also don't think that B&M would do a zero-g stall. It doesn't seem like a very B&M element, if you get what I mean.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
LOL! WTF

I've followed this industry since being a kid and seen so many people go abit mad when guessing about a new coaster... but this is another level.

It's clearly a dive coaster.... like what more are people trying to figure out?! Even if they clone griffon or valravn it will be a unique experience to the park. Yes they may add a new element or go for "tallest dive coaster" by a couple of feet. But why waste money on a 300ft dive? Logically it doesn't make sense at all.

Also when parks give "clues" about new rides, they're never that cryptic. Whoever's doing those videos should go out and get laid or summin.

Snoo

The Legend
And ya'll acted like I was being mean.. that channel is literally a tabloid magazine. Throwing **** and hope it sticks. I'm glad that channel is based in Toronto so relevant facts for other installs don't happen.