What's new

Does Drayton Manor ever get/near full park capacity?

Coaster Kate

Roller Poster
Hi guys, we are headed to Drayton during the second week of the holidays on the 31st July, I'm just wondering if the park ever peaks with people to a point where it's like queuing to wait for a newly opened ride, we've had some dreadful waits with Towers in recent years, I know it's all apart of the experience, that's fine, but I am wondering is Drayton the same? Does it ever reach capacity or is it usually laid back?
TL;DR? - Does the park ever get full? Are wait times as long winded as Alton? Is it a laid back park?
Thank you ^^

streetmagix

Mega Poster
As far as I know, the only time it hits/gets near capacity is during the fireworks. I will have to defer to those who have been on real peak days but when I've been the operations have been pretty decent but the capacity for some rides isn't amazing. It tends to be Thomas Land which is absolutely packed, I've never seen the 'thrill' section of the park get as busy though.

The staff are pretty amazing and friendly. Everyone from the ride ops to the cleaners are friendly and helpful. Fairly certain one of them tried to chat me up but I was completely oblivious until about 3am the next day etc.

Bert2theSpark

Mega Poster
I dunno if it was at capacity but I went Drayton Manor the last week before the Staffordshire summer hols in 2016, the queues were like hell and it was filled to the brim with obnoxious teens, I've never known a theme park to be so crowded even after doing AT fireworks with about ~20,000 people on TowersStreet. And with the closure of G-Force and Splash Canyon, I'd expect it to be even more busy.

It's still a very nice park though, It doesn't seem to get as much praise as it's worth. In terms of flat/kiddie/water rides and food it would easily tops Towers.

Coaster Kate

Roller Poster
I dunno if it was at capacity but I went Drayton Manor the last week before the Staffordshire summer hols in 2016, the queues were like hell and it was filled to the brim with obnoxious teens, I've never known a theme park to be so crowded even after doing AT fireworks with about ~20,000 people on TowersStreet. And with the closure of G-Force and Splash Canyon, I'd expect it to be even more busy.

It's still a very nice park though, It doesn't seem to get as much praise as it's worth. In terms of flat/kiddie/water rides and food it would easily tops Towers.
That sounds a lot like a school trip week, or as I like to call it. Hell.

streetmagix

Mega Poster
It's been closed since the start of the season, originally it was due to waiting on a part but I don't think we've heard anything official since then.

Peet

Giga Poster
Did they ever buy a second train for G-Force? They always used to only have one meaning it had a crazy low throughput, but rcdb now says it has 2.