What's new

Your Least Common Opinion?

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Ah, I get that. Someone else here (shoot totally blanking who) said they found the airtime almost too much, that it lead to soreness, and I know even storm chaser after so many rides was a bit much. But I do indeed have a good tolerance for roughness, and like some depending on the ride even. Just was curious was all esp with Valravyn above it. Deff great drop and really the whole ride to the MCBR, but it just killed all the speed fast and the second half was meh imo. So was just shocking to see. But true, it's an absolutely smooth ride, one could joke because it's so forceless lol I can get Gatekeeper, up front was bland but back row I got some strong pull, and made it a pretty good ride. I'd say top 5 at CP as well

Last edited:

Hutch

Strata Poster
TTD- Short but like nothing else I have ridden in terms of sheer joy to ride
When I first joined the forums 5 years ago Dragster was my favorite as well, basically for the reasons you've said. My first visit I was a bit of a Cedar Point fanboy and not quite a true enthusiast yet (tiny coaster count and all), was focused on Millennium Force and then bam, rode TTD and nothing else could compare. I've become much more experienced now (especially with other Intamin accelerators ) and after a return visit a couple years a go TTD started slipping in my rankings, but it's still in my Top 10.

Matt N

CF Legend
Spoiler-ed for Language
giphy.gif
Uh.... Okayyyy.

GeodieCoasterFan

Mega Poster
When I first joined the forums 5 years ago Dragster was my favorite as well, basically for the reasons you've said. My first visit I was a bit of a Cedar Point fanboy and not quite a true enthusiast yet (tiny coaster count and all), was focused on Millennium Force and then bam, rode TTD and nothing else could compare. I've become much more experienced now (especially with other Intamin accelerators ) and after a return visit a couple years a go TTD started slipping in my rankings, but it's still in my Top 10.

Nothing wrong with being a fanboy and a coaster count for the sake of a count isn't everything. Out of interest what Intamin accelerators do you think are better?

Hutch

Strata Poster
Nothing wrong with being a fanboy and a coaster count for the sake of a count isn't everything. Out of interest what Intamin accelerators do you think are better?
None. Top Thrill Dragster is still the best for me. My other favorites are Storm Runner and Stealth, which have very similar features to Dragster, obviously to a lesser degree. The others I've done aren't good (Rita and Kingda Ka).

My biggest drawback for TTD is the length, even though it doesn't really need to do anything more after the top hat. It's still crazy fun, but I've come to prefer other coasters over the sometimes, some of which are even crazier than TTD (Skyrush, Lightning Rod). Even on my return visit years ago I realized that Millennium Force and Maverick are more enjoyable for me.

Ben

CF Legend
I sincerely liked Legend better than Raven.
I liked both, but while Raven had the sweet ass ejector hill in the middle, before that was a tad underwhelming imo and after it was so rough I mostly felt that.
Legend was very rough, but I found it more intense/forceful than Raven thus I liked it more. Less air maybe but there were a few pops.

Oh and not sure I posted this one:
I really didn't like Ravine Flyer II.
Least when I went last year it was so rough I needed to go get an advil and wait for some time, I found it had little air and was dragging in the last third. For my CP/KW trip later Im not gunna bother going to Waldameer. That one sucks as I was preparing for a top 10 ride.

Legend is soooo good especially now, I prefer it to Raven. Raven is great and I like it because it's Raven, but Legend is definitely better.

Also RFII is poo. It was amazing when it opened and people haven't let go of the fact it's now poo.

EndlessWire

Mega Poster
Oh god, where to begin? Part of my trepidation of joining a forum was my fear that I'd be ridden out on a rail for even alluding to any of the following, which I genuinely feel:
1. My favourite coasters in the UK are Swarm, Grand National and Big One (pre-riding Icon and Wicker)
2. I quite like some Vekoma SLCs and think the layout (first half up to the sidewinder in particular) is rather good.
3. Roughness doesn't automatically lower a coaster's ranking for me and can actually add character in certain cases.
4. I was not disappointed by Thirteen - I thought the track style made it obvious from the outset that it'd be family thrill.
There are a couple of others too, but they're the main ones. If anyone needs me, I'll be in my bunker...

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Legend is soooo good especially now, I prefer it to Raven. Raven is great and I like it because it's Raven, but Legend is definitely better.

Also RFII is poo. It was amazing when it opened and people haven't let go of the fact it's now poo.
Now, it was my first time. One of the people I was with did say Legend was much improved. That it was less rough than it used to be (?!) and there was more air now, before (according to him) there was none. Guess goes to show what upkeep can do!
Bringing me to RFII. Yeah, sucks I never rode it till 2016. This is why I hate not getting to rides quick, esp woodies. I guess they have let it go or something but poo is right. I would say I did not enjoy it. OK maybe not poo lol it wasnt bad I suppose, but 3 rides, I really didnt like it that much, so hopped on the other coasters once and left, for a grand total of 60 minutes at waldameer (much of which was spent sitting with a soda waiting for my headache to disperse). Quite a let down.

davidm

Strata Poster
I rode RFII 5 years ago, was good. I then rode it a week or so ago - first half was not good, did not dare ride it "hands off" either as it hurt me holding on ; far too rough. Mid-section was good though, and the last third was OK but its winding down by then. Rode it a few times obv.
Overall not as good as I remember 5 years ago, its OK if you protect yourself for the first bit (basically until the return hill over the road).
Had to spend 2 hours there though, as I turned up and the coasters didn't open for an hour. D'oh.

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
The front row of B&M floorless coasters are rarely the best places on the train to sit. They may have the view and extra freedom room for legs, but they tend to provide a considerably less forceful ride experience, and I think are probably one of the reason these coasters have a reputation for being “forceless.” I tend to find the back rows have a much more healthy dose of forces (I’m not saying this applies to every single one, but still worth mentioning). Best example I can remember is Kraken. The front row was smooth but so dull it felt like there was barely any point to the coaster. The back may have more vibration but at least it has some decent forces which improve the ride quality so much.

Regarding RFII, I rode it for the first time in 2016 and actually thought it was great?! I’m surprised at the mediocre responses, I guess I may have gotten it on a good day.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Yeah I actually thought mine would be uncommon, seems I am in the majority actually!
Because I will be in Western PA I AM tempted to try waldameer again, but most seem to confirm its gone downhill. Which sucks, I really wish in one of my earlier CP trips I made it out that way, but oh well.
I will most likely not go there again this August

Oh:
I found Banshee and esp Montu overrated. I was expecting very forceful rides (the former is lauded as an old school style forceful B&M, the latter is one) Banshee was fun but not super forceful imo?? Montu was a let down.
Sheikra was my 2nd favorite coaster at BGT :O

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
I have loads for this as I'm weird.

Ok,
-Having done 3 RMCS (including Steel Vengeance), wouldn't put any in my top 10.
-I really enjoy temple of the nighthawk, it's just so chill and nice.
-I like Colossus at TP
-I genuinely really like Olympia because I love retro schwarz's and I think it packs a punch and looks stunning (it was super high on my bucket list before it became "mainstream")
-I love bobsleds
-I love the beast (ok lots of people do but also some hate it)
-The peoplemover at MK is one of the best rides in the park, I love it!
-Cable cars are awesome
-Animal kingdom is my favourite disney park
-I hate disney's hollywood studios (but I've never done TOT)

That's it for today.

kenny cook

Mega Poster
Care to elaborate @kenny cook? I just did the version at SFNE yesterday and it was fantastic and a ton of fun!

I'm currently working on a full review of the ride that'll be up later today, but everyone I spoke with said they were underwhelmed. And I did get the chance to talk with a couple people who had ridden the smaller ones, and they all said they liked the smaller ones better

Last edited:

TMCoasters

Mega Poster
None. Top Thrill Dragster is still the best for me. My other favorites are Storm Runner and Stealth, which have very similar features to Dragster, obviously to a lesser degree. The others I've done aren't good (Rita and Kingda Ka).

My biggest drawback for TTD is the length, even though it doesn't really need to do anything more after the top hat. It's still crazy fun, but I've come to prefer other coasters over the sometimes, some of which are even crazier than TTD (Skyrush, Lightning Rod). Even on my return visit years ago I realized that Millennium Force and Maverick are more enjoyable for me.
How does TTD make your top 10 but Kingda Ka "isn't good". I have been on both and prefer Dragster due to the smoother ride, restraints, and overall atmosphere, but they aren't so different really! I feel as though people exaggerate the disparity between the two coasters. Honestly Kingda Ka has the better, and much more original, theming, albeit the horrible business decision to hide much of the ride away from the park. The OTSRs limit rider freedom but for me at least, my body cam in contact with the OTS part of restraint anyways. The launches are quite comparable, Ka's being slightly more intense and TTD's a bit smoother (but once again the difference in smoothness is exaggerated).
So I guess it's my unpopular opinion that TTD isn't that much better than Ka, as they rank only one apart for me in my own personal rankings.

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
Honestly, I also found that TTD and KK were like night and day. KK rattles like a mother****er, even going up and down the top hat. It was pretty unenjoyable tbh, even front row wasn’t much better. Dragster is the same thing yeah except I actually got to enjoy the ride for what it is. I prefer Storm Runner and maybe even Xcelerator slightly (not sure why), but I found Dragster a great coaster and Ka quite frankly a **** one.

Edit: Anyway, to make sure I’m adding to the topic, I’ll say that Lightning Rod being one of bottom RMCs is probably my most recent unpopular opinion, but I’ve posted about that already so I’ll think of another... uhhh, I think Maurer SkyLoops are actually really fab. I guess they’re a bit of a guilty pleasure of mine haha.

Last edited: