What's new

Toy Story Land for Disney's Hollywood Studios

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Meh. I thought Mack did some forceless launches but **** me, this in on the next level. My electric scooter can accelerate faster than that.

toofpikk

Mega Poster
yeah because they really REALLY want a forceful launch on a ride for tiny teeny kids. With a train that size, over the top and that clunky?

please
can you CATAPULT me and my 4 year old at an acceleration better then a sports car?!

Chances are they probably went for mack because their launches are so forgiving with acceleration. It would be a very rational decision too.

Matt N

CF Legend
Looks like a good, fun ride for the kids! Even though it certainly isn't my most anticipated ride at DHS, I look forward to giving it a go next April!

Robbie

Hyper Poster
Looks fun. It's the up and downy bits (technical term) that's the selling point, not the launch.

EthanCoaster

Mega Poster
Battle Escape is the working title, it hasn’t been officially named. But of the two attractions going into Galaxy’s Edge, it’s supposed to be the more traditional dark ride. Imagine Pirates at Shanghai but without it being a water ride.

FistedColossus

Hyper Poster
No, there'll be a Battle Force ride (supposed to be insanely expensive) and a Millennium Falcon simulator. The rest will be shops and restaurants and anywhere else you can spend money.
If they match or even better the standard they've set with Pandora/Flight Of Passage then this will be utterly incredible. And I've only ever watched one star wars film.

Edward M

Strata Poster
Slinky Dog had a line that reached 7 hours long today

brigitte-nielsen.gif

Ethan

Strata Poster
you could say that, but I think the fact that Slinky Dog had a line that reached 7 hours long today also says people are still interested in Toy Story.

I'm talking about people on this forum, not in the park. People in the parks will queue for anything, it seems...

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
you could say that, but I think the fact that Slinky Dog had a line that reached 7 hours long today also says people are still interested in Toy Story.

I sincerely hope all those people were Annual Pass holders who happen to live nearby. Who the heck would go on a Disney vacation, pay around $100 per person to enter the park for a day, and then spend the entirety of that day waiting in line for one ride?

Then again, I've heard somewhere that 60 % of the guests at Disney World are AP holders or other repeat visitors. Somebody who goes there for the first time wouldn't bother that much with the new rides, since to them all the rides are ridden for the first time anyway.

Edward M

Strata Poster
With the 7 hour line though, what does that say about Star Wars Land? From what I've heard capacity is average for both rides, and the popularity/hype for Star Wars Land is huge. Even if Solo bombed and the franchise is kinda dying, who wouldn't want to visit Star Wars Land? Tourists and locals alike will line up for a while. I mean those Star Wars fanboys will pay $80 just to go to a convention showing a new trailer; you know they'll be there opening week of this huge new land. I could see many people accepting a 10+ hour queue in both resorts. Disneyland can likely handle crowds since it just has so many rides to help with traffic, but it means that Hollywood Studios will be insanity. God, if it's 7 hours for the cheap looking Slinky Dog coaster, you may have to wait your entire day to ride one of the rides.