What's new

Toverland | Fenix | B&M Wing Coaster

Knortie307

Roller Poster
I hope (if work lets me) to be there on opening day!!! I'm verry looking forward to this ride because its a new expierence for the netherlands. We need a good new coaster for our country.

Fluorineer

Mega Poster
I mean, Taylor is happy either way, but June 2018 is probably one of the worst times to do a Europe-Trip right now, considering all the stuff he'd be able to ride if he just went next year: Colossos, F.L.Y., Fenix, RMC Robin Hood, Valkyria, and he might even included Energylandia then. Oh well :p

Matt N

CF Legend
I mean, Taylor is happy either way, but June 2018 is probably one of the worst times to do a Europe-Trip right now, considering all the stuff he'd be able to ride if he just went next year: Colossos, F.L.Y., Fenix, RMC Robin Hood, Valkyria, and he might even included Energylandia then. Oh well :p
Couldn't you say that about any year, in a sense? But I get what you mean.

Fluorineer

Mega Poster
Couldn't you say that about any year, in a sense? But I get what you mean.
It's a tale as old as time. But there's stronger and weaker years in this industry, and I feel like 2019 will be exceptionally strong for Europe, while on the other hand, you wouldn't have been very sad if you went on a US-trip in 2016 but couldn't go for another one in 2017.

And of course I included a bunch of stuff that isn't actually related to 2019 but rather to Taylor's timing this year (Fenix and Valkyria), and I also listed Colossos which almost counts as a spite because Taylor really got bull****ted by Merlin with that one.

I find it just funny how insanely bad this month is in terms of tasting blood from unfinished/unavailable rides :D

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster

One of the 18 animatronics in the darkride from Merlin's Quest.
220618topof.jpg
Halfway through the 430-meter-long route, passengers enter a ruin. In it are four elaborately decorated scenes with a total of eighteen different moving figures, so-called animatronics. "In the darkrid part, we can create very nice effects," says technical director Paul Oomen. "I think the most special animatronic is a tree that is more than two and a half meters high, and that includes a lot of technology."

Fun fact:
If you watched the Making-of and payed attention, then you saw a Dwervel (known from the Magic Valley, in Dutch de Magische Vallei).
Screenshot_20180622-180305.png

Some more screenshots from the video:
Screenshot_20180622-175313.png
Screenshot_20180622-175856.png
Screenshot_20180622-180157.png

Last edited:

Flying Pilot

Mega Poster
True, but that is almost always. Maybe next year in June, you will be missing big coaster from 2020.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
DgkwY1oXUAAH0Cd.jpg:large

DgctlHwXUAAH9ji.jpg

DgctlixW4AA2gBy.jpg
Dgctl_DX0AELxGQ.jpg
DgctmhZW4AACKAj.jpg

@plaetjesmakers

Fluorineer

Mega Poster
I assume they are pushing the Fenix and Merlin's Quest stuff (where most of the required work is not visible for outsiders) to get it ready for the opening and save the final polish for later. It's a sensible strategy since it'll take the vegetation a couple of weeks to grow back anyway, so you'd need to be patient for some time to see the final result no matter how fast Toverland pushed the fully handcrafted theming.

Tulum

Mega Poster
The park has launched a campaign for the coaster, perhaps in the wider region. I found this poster in Cologne (Germany) about one hour drive from the park. The summer vacations will start one week after the coaster's premiere.

Bildschirmfoto 2018-06-27 um 22.09.44.png

(Efteling launches campaigns in the region on a regular basis. Bobbejaanland did so when Typhoonen opened. As the boarders are open people cross them on a regular basis, especially for weekend trips.)