What's new

Phantasialand | F. L. Y. | Vekoma Launched Flying Coaster | 2020

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
The towers with the flat metal backs to them appear to be along the edge of the site right next to Wuze. So I think these towers are not just Rookburgh theming but also the start of the sound proof wall. They only need to now fill in those gaps and you have on one side steampunk truss towers and then on the other a flat surface for Wuze theming to be attached.

EDIT: On PhantaFriends.de user NCC1701-E has come to the same conclusion and drawn where the towers stand along in red. Purple marks where the wall will later extend along.
lol.thumb.png.da805f54bca69f214521192356f36700.png

Also RideonBlog has shared another view from Kaiserplatz of the finished towers next to the Zero-G Roll. You can also see scaffolding around what looks like it could be a factory chimney of some kind. It has the first concrete layer on it before Universal Rocks add the next layer with detail.
http://instagr.am/p/BkIBmHIl_Sg/

Last edited:

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster
On Phantafriends someone speculated about a Zeppelin station, based on this concept-art.

20180617_151733.png.e25f07cba19aea678f854dd521bdcba8.png

He could be right with that, because the mysterious concrete floor has the right shape for that.
Snapchat-210590821.jpg

If that would be the case, then the poster with this concept-art on it, is placed in the right direction and it will look like this from where the wall is standing atm.

It could mean that the big building with Air rail on it, would be the building above FLY's station area.

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster
A new work structure has been set up at the Rookburgh entrance in Berlin (picture posted on Phantafriends):
89FF6E40-42A8-48DA-80AC-C8203BCCBB5F.thumb.jpg.e97a8137c98d884b35a675cbdb7ecaaa.jpg

It's a stairway to the roof. It looks like it's only to renovate and theme the sidewalls of the Berlin buildings.
20180618_180839.thumb.jpg.1428afd8d132bfb235f5d639bc1c339f.jpg

It's almost the 20th of June, a year after the official announcement.

Probably the passageway will get opened a bit. Perhaps the fences are getting moved further backwards with a peephole in it like they did with Klugheim. The passageway could also get some theming and billboards to give a bit more information.

Last edited:

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster
It's the 20th of June 2018! A year ago F.L.Y. was officially announced. I'm curious if a new video will be released today. :D

On Phantafriends someone joked: "I'm curious if as expected we'll get some new information today or if we have to celebrate the 1 year anniversary of "I tell my fans not a bit and I do not care. " :)

Hahaha.

Anyway, we still can repeatedly watch the announcement from last year. ;)

EDIT: 08:19pm
Unfortunately no information today, haha.

Last edited:

Flying Pilot

Mega Poster
I asked someone who works for PHL: Bauwstelle update F.L.Y?
Reply;
''Wenn wir etwas dazu verraten wollen, machen wir das auch. Abe bis dahin lass uns doch unsere Geheimnisse haben :)''

The first time you are going to hear something from Phl, is when they have a opening date, I guess. (When they start the marketing.)
Something like ''the best theme park in GER will open a new world inovation ride on ''date''.

I do have a drone, but I''ll not drive an hour to phl for just some aerial shots. It's too far. Who has a drone and wants to make many people on this forum happy? ;)

Last edited:

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I asked someone who works for PHL and I asked him: Bauwstellen-Update F.L.Y?
Reply;
''Wenn wir etwas dazu verraten wollen, machen wir das auch. Aber bis dahin lass uns doch unsere Geheimnisse haben :)''

If you're going to act like a smug prat and write in a different language on an English speaking forum, maybe write in proper grammar and spell check first...

For those who don't speak German and don't want to use translate, the question was "Any updates on Fly?" and the answer was along the lines of 'If we have any, we'll tell you. Until then, we have our secrets'.

But yeah, crazy really it's been a year since they did an announcement on this. Especially when you compare how they marketed Klugheim. I was hoping that we'd get a similar construction diary / update system that they did with Klugheim, but no luck yet..

Fingers crossed we'll get something soon. Presumably when track construction progresses a bit more.

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster
I asked someone who works for PHL and I asked him: Bauwstelle update F.L.Y?
Reply;
''Wenn wir etwas dazu verraten wollen, machen wir das auch. Abe bis dahin lass uns doch unsere Geheimnisse haben :)''

The first time you are going to hear something from Phl, is when they have a opening date, when the new area will open I guess. (When they start the marketing.)
Something like ''the best theme park in GER will open a new world inovation ride on ''date''.

I do have a drone, but I''ll not drive an hour to phl for just some aerial shots. It's too far. Who has a drone and wants to make many people on this forum happy? ;)

The employees of Phantasialand know as less as we do.

Behind the scenes, they probably already have an opening date in mind but they're waiting for more progress on site to be sure if they'll make it.

However, I think we'll get a series on YouTube after summervacation.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
The park will start their updates when there is more to show. The regular blog articles and videos about Klugheim* started August 2015 and continued until opening in June 2016.
I imagine it will be a similar approach. No point advertising now when they are trying encourage visits and hotel bookings for this summer, not next summer.
Klugheim's opening date was announced only weeks before it opened, the same will most likely happen for Rookburgh so we will definitely be hearing about it long before the opening announcement.

EDIT:
*If anything the park have improved the production values of their videos since Klugheim so hopefully we will be getting more than before.
Also it was reported on here that a Phantasialand camera crew were spotted filming the Vlodrop test set up last year. So we will be getting a video about that.

Robert.W

Roller Poster
It definitely makes sense to wait until most of the current season is over before starting to advertise Rookburgh. I think a lot of people will no doubt be curious to see what's happening on the construction site too, so not giving away too much information might encourage more visits by enthusiasts etc., whereas people who aren't as interested in following the construction might be put off from visiting the park until the new area opens, so not knowing too much might mean they don't put off their visit to the park, but are then enticed to return after finding out more about the new area. Very much looking forward to when the marketing does start though, and hopefully some behind the scenes videos like they did with Klugheim.

I don't really know what you mean about Phantasialand marketing themselves at Germany's best theme park though, @Brian. Wasn't that title something they were awarded, and not just a marketing slogan created by the park? Plus, I'd say Phantasialand's theming probably is better than that of Europa, even if the park is much smaller.

Flying Pilot

Mega Poster
A very small site awarded phl with best theme park of germany. Not even golden ticket awards or so.

It's like, We coca cola advise coca cola. It makes no sense.

I.m.o. europa is better with the theming (both are great). Only if you take a look at the gardens in europa, it is a-ma-zing. And you have to go two days, to do all the attractions. That is a big difference.
Don't get me wrong both are great!

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
This is relevant to this thread how?
If Europa can market their Golden Ticket Award. Why can't Phantasialand market the awards they've won?
When is marketing ever concerned with the truth, its just meant to sound good.
At the end of the day which is best comes down to preference and opinion.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Lol why are people acting like the Golden Ticket Awards are even relevant at all? They mean nothing and don't represent true quality at all.

Can't believe how bloody tall those towers are near Wuze though! Hopefully some more of the infrastructure in Rookburgh is a similar height because it'll feel truly imposing and immersive if so...

Also Brian, quit acting like an idiot, for your own sake xo

Flying Pilot

Mega Poster
Stop acting like an assh*le. It is not the first time that you are insulting me.
Ofcourse all the awards are bs. So they better stop with advertising on busses with the text, "best theme park of germany".

Fluorineer

Mega Poster
If you took a moment to consider the fact that Phantasialand is built in an absolute craphole, compared to Europa Park which is literally operating in Sandbox-Mode, you'd realize that even non-award related comparisons between these parks make no sense at all. They do not even aim for the same goals in terms of experience they try to offer, we just don't have differentiated between the categories of theme parks yet.

Also Phantasialand has like no coasters and still golden showers over Europa's line-up.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Stop acting like an assh*le. It is not the first time that you are insulting me.
Ofcourse all the awards are bs. So they better stop with advertising on busses with the text, "best theme park of germany".
You're right, it's not the first time I'm insulting you, because it's not the first time you've posted like an imbecile.

If all awards are "bs", then you should hate Europa's marketing strategies as much as you do Phantasialand's. You honestly post with zero logic and quite frankly it's concerning.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ben

EpochEmu

Mega Poster
If you took a moment to consider the fact that Phantasialand is built in an absolute craphole, compared to Europa Park which is literally operating in Sandbox-Mode, you'd realize that even non-award related comparisons between these parks make no sense at all. They do not even aim for the same goals in terms of experience they try to offer, we just don't have differentiated between the categories of theme parks yet.

Also Phantasialand has like no coasters and still golden showers over Europa's line-up.

Go start your own thread if you want to argue about how good each of your theme parks are.