What's new

Kennywood | Steel Curtain | S&S Multi-looper

TommyAlex

Mega Poster
Right, according to some people earlier in this thread, the elevation at presumably around the Log Jammer site was 30m. 30m = just under 100ft, which means the lift of the ride could be about 100ft, which seems realistic enough.

So, 197 = drop in feet and 3 = inversions.

jay37415

Mega Poster
I know its wishful thinking but what about 197' lift hill with and extra 100' down into the ravine making it a 300' ish drop.

Matt N

CF Legend
Some people seem to think that this ride will be similar to Soaring with Dragon at Wanda Hefei (I think?), as 197 and 3 could apparently be referring to 197ft tall and 3 launches, which matches Soaring with Dragon's stats. I personally reckon that 3 could be referring to inversions, but we need to know more before we can determine anything.

Intricks

Strata Poster
While Kennywood is kind of locked in, they do own a nice chunk of land that could support a ride of that size, but as they are built on the side of a mountain (hello all the rides that use said trenches), it more than likely wouldnt be cost effective to get stupidly larger supports on one side of the ride :/

I stand by my earlier prediction that this is going to be their hyper looper again with some form of layout that pays homage to the original Phantom. Plus a Zero-G stall that ends in you diving off the side of the hill it is on would tickle everyone in the proper manner.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

jay37415

Mega Poster
It won't be Soaring with Dragon. It might be a similar type of ride, but you couldn't fit a clone of it at Kennywood... Could you?

I was under that suspicion too. I tried making an overlay but dont have the correct software. I found a Youtuber who found markers going around the stage near the lake. Soaring with Dragon is "L shaped" so that would put the station and launch where Racer is. I could be similar to Dragon but not an exact clone.kennywood.PNG Soaring with dragon.PNG

Snoo

The Legend
It also doesn't have to be a clone remember. It could be incredibly unique but the same ride type. And given the space they have as well as what they've done before, they can certainly squeeze it in. I've seen crazier done with less.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Why would you expect that, ATI? That's so specific.
I think he's just pulling other stats from Soaring With Dragon.
1 = inversions
125 = speed in kph
1045 = length in m

Problem is, @ATI, you forget that Kennywood is in the ancient, outdated and stupid land of imperial units - they won't be using metric figures any time soon! If 1, 78 or 3438 comes up, then you might be on to something. ;)

Intricks

Strata Poster
And to toss an even larger wrench into the whole "Soaring" clone, photos have surfaced of previous markers now being painted over with phrases such as "Wrong", "???" and "Not Sure" wrote on them throughout the park.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I'm leaning towards RMC at this point. I don't know of any Intamin launchers with 24 riders per train, but a 197ft drop, 3 inversions and 24 passenger trains rings RMC to me. Maybe a T-Rex?

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
That's why I'm leaning towards T-Rex. But at this point, I am leaning away from a SWD style ride. I guess we'll have to wait and see what the next numbers are in the coming weeks.

Intricks

Strata Poster
I dont think this is going to have any launches. Partly because Sky Rocket is a thing inside the park (yes, I know multiple parks have more than a single launcher), but mainly because outside of the Spaghetti Bowls, the S&S ones (none outside of China I believe) and Rock n Rollercoaster - no Steel launch coaster has more than 20 riders per train. I do believe the 3 is referring to inversions at this point (which is kinda lame at just 3....but whatevs now). Would be hilarious if it referred to 3 trains for the ride though.

jay37415

Mega Poster
The photo spells out it's not a T-Rex

Actually the photo spells out a T-Rex. Think about the question.. "What's not next?" If you think of it as a multiple choice. The question is basically asking "Which one of these choices is not next. There is a photo of two dinosaurs (T-Rex) and a car. I would suspect that the car is in reference to the fact that there have been musings of them bringing back the Turnpike ever since they took it out for SkyRocket. So the answer to the question is,"Not the turnpike but a T-Rex." Makes perfect sense.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Actually the photo spells out a T-Rex. Think about the question.. "What's not next?" If you think of it as a multiple choice. The question is basically asking "Which one of these choices is not next. There is a photo of two dinosaurs (T-Rex) and a car. I would suspect that the car is in reference to the fact that there have been musings of them bringing back the Turnpike ever since they took it out for SkyRocket. So the answer to the question is,"Not the turnpike but a T-Rex." Makes perfect sense.
My sarcasm detector isn't working very well this morning, but - it's a Prius (Hybrid), Raptor (RMC Raptor), and Rex (RMC T-Rex).

The multiple choice argument is curious though...