What's new

Chengdu Weekend - Part 3: +1

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I haven’t got any new creds for AGES, and even then it was just a few crappy things at Rainbow’s End. I had a long weekend thanks to some crappy festival on Monday, so decided to do a revisit to Chengdu, mostly to pick up the major new rides at Happy Valley there. I’d been before, just over 4 years ago, and generally liked the place, and there are regular direct flights from Hong Kong. It was the usual evening flight and straight to the hotel job on the Friday, staying in the same area I stayed before (Tianfu Sqaure – well-located for anyone planning on going), but in a nicer hotel this time.

Happy Valley Chengdu

It was opening at 9, but I decided to arrive around 10, figuring that rides wouldn’t be opening that early. Wrong,; they’d been open from around half nine, but never mind. Didi (Chinese Uber) have very recently added English as an option to their app, which is amazing. When Uber was still a thing in China, before it was banned and they made their own version, it was impossible to use. Didi works in basically the same way, and was excellent. It was also even cheaper than regular taxis – I reckon around half price – which are already cheap enough. Problems with taxis in the past always revolve around drivers not knowing where things are – especially smaller, more obscure parks – or trying to get out of those out-of-the-way places later. Didi solves all those issues; it’s fab! Sorry, picture:

i87npHp.jpg

It seemed quite busy – not surprising given that it was the weekend of a public holiday – but it wasn’t too bad once I was in. The two coaster near the front of the park – a Mega-Lite and SLC – already had pretty long queues, but I had those creds already, so they weren’t a priority.
zB1GQc6.jpg

X95kKiR.jpg

Instead, it was straight to the new area at the back of the park where the two new coasters were. This is always the best way to deal with a park, but especially in China. People there haven’t worked out yet that joining a huge line at the front of the park is a stupid idea.

This was a good sign:

ZA6YSVX.jpg

As was this:

XizLenC.jpg

The new area was really nice, with a Moroccan theme. The front of the park was pretty tatty in comparison. They’ve rethemed their old Golden Horse spinner, but I didn’t need the cred, so didn’t bother. This end of the park was empty, so I didn’t have to wait more than one train on the dive machine or GCI woodie. I’m going to just thrown in a bunch of disorganised pictures and break them up with words which may or may not match the pictures above and below since I’m not checking.

LDunFMg.jpg

M7uusAA.jpg

KGYKQs4.jpg

C21A2Zr.jpg

RTKgByj.jpg

EvfS3WQ.jpg

Operations were typically crappy, but at this stage it didn’t matter since there was nobody around. On both the dive machine and woodie, I timed the trains going out every 8-10 minutes, taking 5 minutes between one set of riders getting off the train and the train leaving the station again. S**ty, but usual. They were employing all the usual Happy Valley tactics: holding people on the exit platform until everybody had picked up bags, bulls**t warm-up exercises before opening the gates (yes, even on the dive machine), overzealous restraint checking etc.

The bag storage thing on the dive machine added an extra level of f**kwittery since it confused every pleb entering the station and had to be explained at least 5 times to every trainload. Obviously, this couldn’t be done while the train was out, only after it was back and the riders had all left the station. It would be a decent system if there was multiple trains going out frequently, but Happy Valley is never going to do that (they had three trains, but were using one), so it’s just pointless. Their whole way of running things means they can NEVER use multiple trains, so a simple storage bin at the exit would be fine. But no because Happy Valley

kGkJ3fO.jpg

nkzU3Po.jpg

UbOIiqB.jpg

PYCbwNp.jpg

xXglXep.jpg

Anyway, I really liked the dive machine, but I like the ride type anyway. I had it in my head that it was one of the smaller Krake/Black Hole models, but it was quite a bit bigger, sitting between those and the 200-footers. I did an immediate (as immediate as Happy Valley allows) reride while there was nobody there.

kKFfeqG.jpg

EBTCVk7.jpg

0bnRwON.jpg

1ZCqpbE.jpg

The woodie was good, but not great. GCI did a great job with the new woodie at Happy Valley Chongqing, but this one just didn’t stack up. The Chongqing woodie had terrain to play with while this one was built on flat land, so I’m sure that had something to do with it. The pluses are that it felt really fast and didn’t really let up until it hit the brakes, but the downside was that other than a few small pops, it lacked airtime. Next time I rank GCI woodies, it’ll likely sit somewhere in the middle.
ucR6zHw.jpg

imLqTql.jpg

vhj8ox6.jpg

wueYDC2.jpg

KwN7f61.jpg

sVULMSD.jpg

lgpTCry.jpg

gX8hz96.jpg

fTNLJBx.jpg

l21J8un.jpg

v2q8TEE.jpg

m6TyVFW.jpg

8w94pb5.jpg

VpIMlv3.jpg

dnhqSVR.jpg

IOgxW7J.jpg

rO4Zo2O.jpg

SWtc2yn.jpg

w5PP5pa.jpg

SLMiAZV.jpg

AsKs77K.jpg

eJY8wpi.jpg

SLLc1Ip.jpg

It was three rides each on those two coasters before going back into the older areas of the park that I’d done before. Not much had changed. I didn’t do the rapids since I remembered them being stupidly wet, but gave the mine train a go since it only had a short line.

tMUiTS8.jpg

aVW6Z7c.jpg

alB8F0a.jpg

jLAa9L1.jpg

I don’t think I did the Butterfly House or Flying Island last time, so did those.

3IDwMnj.jpg

aGqKeYp.jpg

ZeRVWji.jpg

DfbWaBM.jpg

FiOquS1.jpg

qK7PJrX.jpg

77SCbo0.jpg

eXvxnR5.jpg

LwB491J.jpg

fB73LDM.jpg

Stuff I didn’t do:

jP7zY3u.jpg

muHf79S.jpg

YLccSez.jpg

Panda Warrior (nothing to do with Kung Fu Panda obviously) had been down last time, and was walk-on this time. It’s a 4D dark ride, and is f**king abysmal. Fantawild do these so well, but OCT end up with s**te from f**k-knows where.

R9OFbmg.jpg

eCCcyIH.jpg

Back to the front of the park, which was still really busy. Well, the queues were busy; it wasn't bad outside of those.

DUrYval.jpg

I had no intention of riding the SLC, one of the worst I’ve ever done, and that was 4 years ago, so Christ knows what it’s like now. I’d planned on whoring the Mega-Lite a bit, which I’d easily done on my first visit, but the queue was at around an hour, so I made do with one ride. They’ve added ridiculous shoulder straps now, which are easy enough to shrug off once you’re out of the station, but add an extra layer of faff.

It was just weird how the front of the park – these two coasters and a bunch of generic flat rides – was heaving while the back end , including two major coasters, was dead. Weirdos. Anyway, Mega-Lite goodness. Still a great ride once you shrug off the bulls**t shoulder straps.

BxpNocf.jpg

BozyT51.jpg

YLB2VhT.jpg

jkBxacy.jpg

I LOVE this picture:

XelZWzs.jpg

The girl near the back is just f**king loving life and riding a Mega-Lite the way it should be ridden, while the various expressions of abject terror on the faces of her co-riders are amazing.

And here’s an onride photo showing the locals being racist and not wanting to sit next to the white devil:

ZdbGTlL.jpg

There’s more to this day which I’ll add later, but I had a decent enough time at Happy Valley, mostly thanks to the locals deciding to ignore the new stuff at the back of the park. If those coasters had had queues the same as the old stuff, it would have been a pretty horrible day. Anyway, it’s a decent park with 3 decent creds now, plus filler. Worth a visit for £23.

Last edited:

Peet

Giga Poster
Thanks for the report, I'm planning to visit China for the first time next Easter and visit just a couple of parks that are close to the major tourist destinations. So this park is on the list as I believe Chengdu is the place to go to see pandas.

Hutch

Strata Poster
You've probably mentioned it in the past, but what exactly are these "mandatory exercises" the staff make you do? It sounds very annoying.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^ Just a few stupid, half-arsed stretches for around 30 seconds or so. Happy Valley Shenzhen and Chengdu do it. Wuhan didn't when I went. I don't think Shanghai did either. Beijing definitely didn't, but that was 10 years ago, so they may do it now.
Thanks for the report, I'm planning to visit China for the first time next Easter and visit just a couple of parks that are close to the major tourist destinations. So this park is on the list as I believe Chengdu is the place to go to see pandas.
Yep, Chengdu has the panda research base just a 15-20 minute drive from the city centre. Loads of pandas of various ages, plus a huge red panda walk-through. You used to be able to hold a panda, but they discontinued it fairly recently. I guess they could bring it back by the time you go though.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
It's amusing looking at each of the riders' expressions on those ORPs (or your picture of the Megalite train), each ones is hilarious.

I don't think Shanghai did either.
They were doing it on the Megalite and Woodie in March, but not the Dive Machine.

An interesting read, the new coasters do look great, even if the woodie doesn't ride that well.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Next short bit, which directly followed Happy Valley.

Since my last visit, RCDB had listed an unknown crappy cred at Chengdu Botanical Gardens, which wasn’t too far from Happy Valley, so I headed there for the +1.

OpYgxng.jpg

RSr28md.jpg

The place was pretty big, probably about 2km end-to-end. Here’s the botanical stuff it’s named after:

7SEcAdi.jpg

Tq3SXiQ.jpg

However, no cred. NO CRED! Looking on Google Maps, I worked out that the cred was in a different park, which kind of looks like it might be part of the botanical gardens, but wasn’t. I was right at the opposite end of the main entrance of the botanical gardens, which was sort of close to the main entrance to the place with the actual cred, but what looked like an entrance/exit to the botanical gardens at the east was actually the entrance to the grounds of a mental hospital, with security on the entrance.

I wasn’t about to walk 2km back to the main entrance to then circle the whole botanical garden again when the cred was right there (would have been around 5km to get to it that way), so I wrote some s**t in the visitors’ book at the mental hospital entrance and cut through.

Anyway, behold this entirely new, previously unknown park!

Manhua Manor

JS4nPWt.jpg

Six quid to get in! Six. Actual. Pounds! To be fair it was lovely though. It was just a bunch of really nice gardens, was actually pretty big, and had a small rides area off to one side.

MfptSi4.jpg

SoTrXdd.jpg

6Nn0PPf.jpg

CLx8drD.jpg

zqogPVw.jpg

See, all very nice. Rides then:

8kj7lAP.jpg

SYCEDCr.jpg

1Kmqs3Z.jpg

VAldMOR.jpg

pOMKOGt.jpg

CZIc9aH.jpg

And a few more of the place itself:

Ooo13BV.jpg

MZCrqss.jpg

X2bZHdW.jpg

WwRT0EN.jpg

LD5vDiN.jpg

VPoLan7.jpg

7hLNAV4.jpg

Yay for the +1 and the sense of achievement in actually tracking it down.

I had a bit of a wander around the main shopping district when I got back into the city. This all looks better at night, but I couldn’t be arsed to go back out once I’d got back to the hotel.

nngBtMD.jpg

BGGCdWs.jpg

RdV1pOg.jpg

XbEOuRr.jpg

8s4H5Ka.jpg

Chengdu – well, Sichuan Province rather than the city itself - is famous for pandas, so they’ve shoved them in in various locations.

yMCnS09.jpg

This restaurant entrance was f**king ridiculous. It’s stuff like this that makes me love China.

q7HOYLa.jpg

brOr8gB.jpg

NY99wSe.jpg

You’ve got two more days of this s**t coming up, and it’s all just Chinese s**te.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Day 2

The next day and another revisit to a pair of parks for new stuff. It was raining a bit - not too badly – which was accurate according to the weather forecast. I’d deliberately chosen these parks for this day over Happy Valley in case it was raining, figuring that missing a few creds here would be preferable from the two big new additions at HV. It turned out fine anyway.

Floraland

This is the original of the two parks – well, three if you include the water park - in the resort. It’s safe to call it a resort really since there are the multiple parks, a hotel and large shopping area. Other signs around the place now label it as “Fairyland” to differentiate it, but I’ll just stick with the RCDB labelling for now.

cuwOqnD.jpg

VZkatcc.jpg

sS98ksk.jpg

WiBn8u5.jpg

QWCgKQv.jpg

Some slightly misleading advertising:

lrIbxGS.jpg

Since my last visit, one coaster had been removed and two had been added. Or that’s what I thought. The first thing I saw was this, an unlisted kiddy thing. BONUS CRED!!!!

cnxVJh1.jpg

Nnhe3GS.jpg

jkruFoN.jpg

otrrHz5.jpg

xj0WjTg.jpg

Oh, I forgot to mention that I just bought an entrance ticket and then paid for creds separately. There are other options I think, but there’s a distinct lack of pricing info at the entrance and the ticket bints are f**king useless. There was a new Chinese Sky Fly thing since my last visit, too.

mWBiFHz.jpg

I didn’t ride it, but I’ve done one before which was very good. It was the only ride of this type which I managed to get flipping like f**k. The locals don’t know what these things are supposed to do though, and there are no signs/instructions, so they just sit on them while they go around.

GEGruip.jpg

This huge water ride was also new. I thought that it might have a small coaster section, but it didn’t.

hI4Gpoz.jpg

15ti69m.jpg

ECr6S51.jpg

The back part of the park does a bit of an Epcot, which areas themed to different countries. They even call them “Pavilions”. It felt pretty run-down compared to my last visit, but the park was dead given that it was only just past opening and the weather was s**t.

t3uvdgq.jpg

KP9RHEo.jpg

tnfezpS.jpg

BRZnlq2.jpg

j9pcIJB.jpg

AOE4LGf.jpg

There are a few indoor attractions scattered around these areas, a couple of shooting dark rides and an aquarium mainly.
EdnUQR1.jpg

NuafieO.jpg

NjIULOG.jpg

Mz0P7cM.jpg

QrkyOXi.jpg

There were also a lot of empty shops and restaurants.

kkSN7Az.jpg

6aFTG7g.jpg

3lfTM5I.jpg

This is so despicably cruel:

RxW3xky.jpg

No, not the dolphin/sealion show, but that total cocktease of a support structure. Seeing that in the near distance, only to be confronted with a tent when you run up to it, should be listed by Amnesty International along the same lines as waterboarding.

The two new coasters which I knew were here were a Crazy Skateboard – more interesting than the ubiquitous Golden Horse spinner it replaced, but still nothing overly-exciting – and a Children Coaster, both from Beijing Jiuhua. The Children Coaster models annoy me since they take up a pretty big chunk of space and do absolutely f**k all with it.

ajbm9wr.jpg

lvTDh14.jpg

2jtgDLi.jpg

z5lQm6j.jpg

wj1xFUO.jpg

m2P0ol4.jpg

I’ll just chuck other pictures in. Nothing else that wasn’t here on my last visit.

qPxamcv.jpg

VEgTRCM.jpg

SxYkocl.jpg

UMTVfjJ.jpg

HpSva7d.jpg

DHFhT3z.jpg

R9rNveY.jpg

1IzqC3e.jpg

The final coaster, a Beijing Jiuhua SLC was closed because of the rain. I didn’t care since I had the cred, but the new VR could have been interesting in a “I wonder how f**king dreadful this will actually be” kind of way.

h1yoWJn.jpg

w9v1HIY.jpg

ymCVfqP.jpg

bu35pWW.jpg

vdHaiOM.jpg

Z6L8Lu5.jpg

The fact that it was closed did make me worry slightly about the 2nd park though, since it has mostly bigger coasters than this one.

Floraland Continent Park

No idea where RCDB got the name for this place since it’s just labelled as Floraland on all the English signage. It’s across the street from the older park, and connected to a water park as well. There’s a huge ferris wheel rather cleverly placed outside, meaning that it’s not part of the park and is charged separately. I did it last time, but didn’t bother this time.

MUrRCHw.jpg

rdTYmrr.jpg

As expected, as with the first park, some of the smaller coasters were running, but not the bigger ones. I just did a circuit around the outside of the park to check everything and take pictures, which I’ll just shove in now with no explanations.

UghGEAP.jpg

ifxLaXn.jpg

JEsOWkG.jpg

kS2L0TX.jpg

n1LFC7j.jpg

vVcKJSI.jpg

2A82b7t.jpg

tgFm2re.jpg

pEUtBXj.jpg

I’d seen one of these humped disc-o things in China before and assumed it was an actual Zamperla rather than a Chinese-made one since it was the only one of this type I’d seen, but now I’m not so sure. They label this one as a coaster, but no.

rrNaxcG.jpg

AZxTmJP.jpg

The Golden Horse water coaster and motorbike coaster were running, but I had the creds.

4D1X52v.jpg

JVnwUEG.jpg

U3ia5SE.jpg

LikSwqp.jpg

3fP0uRn.jpg

auMDEXt.jpg

The rain had recently stopped, and they were now getting all the other coasters open. Had this been Happy Valley, I’m not convinced that would have happened. I’ve been at the Shenzhen park when everything closed because of a rainstorm at around 1pm, which ended 20 minutes later, and by 3:30 when I left, they hadn’t reopened anything. I think that because at this place quite a lot of people just get a basic entrance ticket (around £3) and then pay per ride, it’s in their best interests to get stuff open.

So, I did a second circuit to get the new stuff I needed, starting with this monstrosity:

GMi0lnS.jpg

GQSbTbK.jpg

Z9Cf3cR.jpg

It’s very new, but they were handing out neck pillows on the platform. It was f**king vile. They’ve gone for the old Pinfari looper layout, but with a style of track that’s too bulky for it. Awful thing.

ynTiJXD.jpg

OHpp1VB.jpg

Had this cred, and sick of this model , so absolutely no need whatsoever for a reride.

jEnBwYU.jpg

XijlXIp.jpg

2tkGUOT.jpg

I needed this though. This is the second of the Chinese Sky Loops I’ve done. As a piece of machinery, they’re not noticeably different from the originals, but the OTSRs make them feel a bit rougher since they’re obviously more noticeable.

61PDDTS.jpg

SyGYCIb.jpg

8wp4Naf.jpg

As with the disc-o thing, I’d seen one of these before and assumed it was an original S&S based on the size of it. There are Chinese versions, but they’ve always been a lot smaller. Again, now that I’ve seen another one, I’m not sure; it’s the same size as a large S&S, rides the same and makes all the same sounds, but with different restraints.

uf0sQYf.jpg

0aRvBXr.jpg

7F3AWws.jpg

I had it in my head that the Boomerang was Chinese, but it’s actually a relocated Vekoma.

F2zHccE.jpg

uM03MZC.jpg

It was s**te an’ all.

S4QWJBO.jpg

Didn’t do this. Done a couple, both original and Chinese, and no need to do them again.

xIbaSKi.jpg

gUdeWX0.jpg

For some reason, I thought I needed this, so rode it, then realised I had it already. Ugh.

CBgj2ZX.jpg

bj9blTG.jpg

There’s another kiddy coaster in the middle of the park, but I had that so didn’t bother going near it.

I’d say that Floraland is a must-do for anyone going to Chengdu. It’s about 40-45 minutes out of the city centre, but taxi drivers know it (plus Didi being so easy to use now making it even easier and cheaper to get to – it cost me about £4), and it’s quintessentially “Chinese” in that it feels like a local place rather than a large chain. 12 creds across the two parks obviously makes it worth doing even if none of them are very good.

Since my last visit, another small park had popped up on RCDB, which was roughly halfway between Floraland and the city centre, so I called in there on the way back.

Qingshuihe Park

Didi proved to be excellent here since it had the actual amusement park labelled, unlike Google maps. If I’d have just used a taxi, with the name of the park printed, I’d likely have been dropped off in a massively different area and had to trek through a big park to get to the rides. Leaving would have been a pain as well since it was in a weird location away from a main road, so getting a taxi out would have taken a while.

Two creds here. Both common clones. Park was sketchy as f**k.

9liofLy.jpg

3hUDeFL.jpg

KmB7s6i.jpg

W99MH2E.jpg

6XikDRL.jpg

0VBZn1V.jpg

R6qstmy.jpg

Xe3Fmyl.jpg

Fo67uzn.jpg

Vs0DTXm.jpg

EfkZLZ4.jpg

2wGYY1Q.jpg

aKuMTUV.jpg

t5ZCHPS.jpg

From there, it was back to Tianhe Square, which is this:

s79r3cx.jpg

ZeRhylG.jpg

Ux0FSll.jpg

6Ju9pPl.jpg

A nice little +8 to the count then, which isn’t bad considering only one of the parks was new (to me – it was obviously ancient).

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Qingshuihe Park
Now, this place looks pretty dire. Just loads of **** everywhere!

Looks like a pretty curious day, and I'm intrigued by the update to Didi - I can imagine that being helpful! Can you register with international cards/addressed on it?

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Now, this place looks pretty dire. Just loads of :emoji_poop: everywhere!

Looks like a pretty curious day, and I'm intrigued by the update to Didi - I can imagine that being helpful! Can you register with international cards/addressed on it?
Yeah, foreign credit cards are fine. I imagine most people use Wechat Pay or Alipay, but my Hong Kong card was added without any problems. I tried using Wechat Pay first, but apparently the Hong Kong version doesn't translate across the border, which I confirmed when trying to use it in a couple of shops. Stupid really.

But yeah, anyway, no issues with Didi and foreign cards. China really wasn't that difficult to deal with anyway if you're relatively well-prepared, but now it's a piece of piss. Admittedly, I've only used it in Chengdu so far; it might not be quite so good in smaller places.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Day 3

My flight back to Hong Kong was around 4pm. I’d originally planned to just check out late, get lunch somewhere and slowly head to the airport, but I woke up early, so decided on a bit of cred hunting. There were a few city parks nearby that I thought I’d try, so I got a taxi to the closest one.

As we approached the park, I recognised this street.

TLbMDcp.jpg

I’d completely forgotten about it, but on my last visit here, I’d been going past the end of this street in a taxi and got the driver to drop me off so that I could have a look. It’s just tourist shops and restaurants, but at this time in the morning, not much was open.

0U1BfdD.jpg

I6i6wQm.jpg

I then also came to the horrible realisation that I’d already been to the two parks just off this street, where there were no creds. Bollocks. I was there anyway, with too much time to kill, so I went in anyway.

Culture Park

Very nice, annoyingly familiar once I realised where I was, with a bunch of kiddy rides.

fvsmrPM.jpg

mG2sX4V.jpg

xYY3MEN.jpg

pQAXnXF.jpg

nk3mMel.jpg

But, since last time, a CRED has appeared. Bonus, unlisted CRED!!!!

4HPoXuX.jpg

GCcxYhC.jpg

gm0B4jY.jpg

So, that was all very lucky considering I almost didn’t bother going into the park.

dS5psEX.jpg

22hhQbD.jpg

qBdj7zx.jpg

There’s another park just across the street, which I’d also been to before, so I checked that again just in case. No such luck with that one though.

E6dtWzN.jpg

nKiUbKY.jpg

zMxO5fD.jpg

d2Me8It.jpg

0WA3Sv2.jpg

OjRw5M1.jpg

I took an Ofo bike to the final place, a pretty huge park which looked quite promising. It was lovely, but didn’t have any rides at all, which is obviously a total f**king waste.

gGmUvIS.jpg

3TM4Iwg.jpg

NydT7lx.jpg

cbVevY5.jpg

29O3KCR.jpg

hOwvVIq.jpg

PnqnMNv.jpg

IF44Aor.jpg

yb2BZBf.jpg

u9yWnOj.jpg

rgEgjkZ.jpg

fyrqrUu.jpg

VDpuxVO.jpg

goYCRyI.jpg

WEUD3YI.jpg

After traipsing around that place for a good two hours, I just headed to the airport.

All-in-all, it was a pretty productive weekend. I got 12 new creds, which is pretty good going for a revisit, 2 of which aren’t yet listed anywhere, so that’s always a fab little bonus. Thinking about it, I probably should have checked People’s Park again; it’s right near where I was staying, and I had the cred there already, but there’s always a chance something else could’ve popped up. Similarly, there’s another quite big park to the south of the city. Again, I’ve got the four creds there, but there’s the chance of something new by now I guess.

Rather annoyingly, I can't update coaster-count properly yet since two of the creds are unlisted and one is listed in completely the wrong place. All the info has been sent to RCDB, so I'll just have to wait for a bit.

Anyway, Chengdu should definitely be on the list of Chinese cities to hit once people have done the usual Shanghai , Beijing and South China areas. There are 28 creds there, including random crappy +1s all over the place, a couple of decent parks in Happy Valley and Floraland, and it’s also only an hour or so by high-speed train to Chongqing, which itself has around 20 coasters, including a decent Happy Valley park.

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
Up to 28 creds yes, but the place lacks anything particularly amazing.

Good job on the new finds as always. Very important work.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
That Moroccan area looks really nice, and that GCI is probably their prettiest I've seen just based off of photos. Shoulder straps on that Mega Lite though, ew! Is that a park thing or a China thing if you know?

Great photos as always, made me smile that that park is not only falling apart but how shameless they were about it. :p

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
That Moroccan area looks really nice, and that GCI is probably their prettiest I've seen just based off of photos. Shoulder straps on that Mega Lite though, ew! Is that a park thing or a China thing if you know?

As far as I know, it's a park thing, at least for now. The other two Mega-Lites in China are at other OCT parks, though. Shanghai doesn't have the straps, but I haven't been to the newer park in Liuzhou that also has one. Hopefully, they don't roll this bulls**t out to the other two.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
So strange that the little yellow cred in Culture Park is new since your last visit, when it looks like it has been operating since 1957 without being cleaned.

As for many of those other big parks, they're honestly quite amazing. It's as if some really rich guy wanted to get into this "Amoozment Park" business and sent a guy with a single-use, 30-picture camera to Orlando for a week to do research, then threw the resulting photo album and a billion Yuan at a contractor and told them to "build it". And then forgot all about it. Fancy rides, fancy themeing, zero holistic planning. At least that's the impression I get from your trip reports, I'd love to go there myself one day and get some first-hand impressions. Might want to wait for the parks to have gained some years of operations experience first, though.