What's new

Your Most Ridden Manufacturers... and other goony stats

nadroJ

CF Legend
Inspired the how well was your 2017 type topic, I did a thing because I know 2017 was a poo year for me cred-wise:
23905574_10155945581984855_1302253162688320721_n.jpg

23843263_10155945581989855_873165156181124698_n.jpg

Those numbers are 100% slightly off because I know for a fact that I got my 200th cred in 2009, and I got both my 300th and 400th in 2012, but yh, you get the idea.

Roll on 2018 when I'll be back on track!

Last edited:

Will

Strata Poster
I've decided I don't like stacked bar graphs (or graphs the colour of parma violets). It's added 'new creds' to 'final creds' to give the overall column, meaning it took longer me than I'd care to admit to figure out why the overall count actually appeared to drop during 2016.

I found adding the right date (or year) to the data makes it a lot easier to manipulate, but I'll admit that's a task for a very rainy day.

anothercredgraph.jpg

[For some reason, we're still using Excel 2003 here...]

Attachments

• newcredgraph.jpg
    newcredgraph.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:

nadroJ

CF Legend
I wanted to do a line graph over a bar graph like Sue did, but I got annoyed at it so I gave up and settled for the stacked bar graph instead.

And **** you the pastel colours are on brand ;D

davidm

Strata Poster
^ don't understand the graph? New creds looks right, but why does final creds go down between 2015 and 2016? (Colour is fine tho)

nadroJ

CF Legend
^ don't understand the graph? New creds looks right, but why does final creds go down between 2015 and 2016? (Colour is fine tho)
I think it stacks one on top of the other instead of overlapping them? But yh, **** knows haha! But I figured out the line/bar graph and I much prefer it:
23843329_10155946001259855_6209518786817714915_n.jpg

Will

Strata Poster
Time for another graph. Perhaps unsurprisingly, I have got more creds in July than any other month and things tend to slow down during the Winter months!
Also, I plan to get my 200th UK cred tomorrow :)
anotherpointlessgraph.jpg

(There are also 8 pre-2004 creds where the exact date is unknown)

Matt N

CF Legend
From scrolling through Captain Coaster, I have determined that my most ridden manufacturers are as follows in the following order. All percentages are rounded to 1 decimal place and I apologise if any calculations are wrong:
  1. Bolliger & Mabillard: 14 (33.3% of current count)
  2. Intamin Amusement Rides: 6 (14.3% of current count)
  3. Mack Rides: 5 (11.9% of current count)
  4. Maurer AG: 4 (9.5% of current count)
  5. Gerstlauer: 3 (7.1% of current count)
  6. Vekoma: 3 (7.1% of current count)
  7. Great Coasters International: 1 (2.4% of current count)
  8. Custom Coasters International: 1 (2.4% of current count)
  9. Premier Rides: 1 (2.4% of current count)
  10. WGH Transportation: 1 (2.4% of current count)
  11. Arrow Dynamics: 1 (2.4% of current count)
  12. Reverchon Industries: 1 (2.4% of current count)
  13. Zierer: 1 (2.4% of current count)
Unsurprisingly, it seems that B&M are the clear winners here, taking up a third of my count! Intamin are in second, with a seventh of my count, and Mack are in third! I'm quite surprised to see, however, that there are quite a few manufacturers where I've only ridden one of their rides! Bear in mind that this is set to change in August when I visit BPB for the first time!

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Spent ages last week getting all gooned up and putting stuff into a spreadsheet. I just exported from Coaster-Count, which was decent enough but a pain for the actual ride order for anything pre-2009 since that's when I first used it, adding loads of stuff without dates. Still working on putting the right year to a bunch of stuff. I've kept it fairly simple, just with coaster name, park, manufacturer and year ridden (still working through a bunch of that last one). I also took out stuff that I've checked on there, but don't count as creds (bobcarts for example). Anyway, here's my top 20 manufacturers. Well, 19 I guess since there a lot of "Unknowns" in there:
Manufacturer Count.jpg
PTC is probably out a bit since I ended up listing stuff with them where they were the only company listed and might have just built trains or something. Anyway.

Matt N

CF Legend
From scrolling through Captain Coaster, I have determined that my most ridden manufacturers are as follows in the following order. All percentages are rounded to 1 decimal place and I apologise if any calculations are wrong:
  1. Bolliger & Mabillard: 14 (33.3% of current count)
  2. Intamin Amusement Rides: 6 (14.3% of current count)
  3. Mack Rides: 5 (11.9% of current count)
  4. Maurer AG: 4 (9.5% of current count)
  5. Gerstlauer: 3 (7.1% of current count)
  6. Vekoma: 3 (7.1% of current count)
  7. Great Coasters International: 1 (2.4% of current count)
  8. Custom Coasters International: 1 (2.4% of current count)
  9. Premier Rides: 1 (2.4% of current count)
  10. WGH Transportation: 1 (2.4% of current count)
  11. Arrow Dynamics: 1 (2.4% of current count)
  12. Reverchon Industries: 1 (2.4% of current count)
  13. Zierer: 1 (2.4% of current count)
Unsurprisingly, it seems that B&M are the clear winners here, taking up a third of my count! Intamin are in second, with a seventh of my count, and Mack are in third! I'm quite surprised to see, however, that there are quite a few manufacturers where I've only ridden one of their rides! Bear in mind that this is set to change in August when I visit BPB for the first time!
Sorry for bumping the thread, but this needs an update! My coaster count has gone up by 14 since I last did this list (from 42 to 56; woohoo!), so let's see how the percentages look now! As I said before, this list is based off of Captain Coaster, and all percentages are to one decimal place, so I apologise if any are wrong:
  1. Bolliger & Mabillard: 14 (25.0% of current count)
  2. Intamin Amusement Rides: 7 (12.5% of current count)
  3. Mack Rides: 7 (12.5% of current count)
  4. Vekoma: 5 (8.9% of current count)
  5. Arrow Dynamics: 4 (7.1% of current count)
  6. Gerstlauer: 4 (7.1% of current count)
  7. Maurer AG: 4 (7.1% of current count)
  8. Built In-House/Manufacturer Unknown/One-Person Build: 4 (7.1% of current count)
  9. Custom Coasters International: 1 (0.2% of current count)
  10. Great Coasters International: 1 (0.2% of current count)
  11. Premier Rides: 1 (0.2% of current count)
  12. Reverchon Industries: 1 (0.2% of current count)
  13. WGH Transportation: 1 (0.2% of current count)
  14. Zamperla: 1 (0.2% of current count)
  15. Zierer: 1 (0.2% of current count)
Interesting... B&M still remain on top with a healthy lead, but their percentage has substantially decreased, from a third to a quarter of my count. Some other manufacturers have made interesting gains, and other new manufacturers have crept in. I'll be interested to see this change over the next couple of years...

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
1. Vekoma (114)
2. B&M (78)
3. Mack (69)
4. Intamin (60)
5. Zierer (53)
*6. Arrow (42)
*6. Gerstlauer (42)
8. Maurer Sohne (31)
9. Zamperla (28)
10. Pinfari (21)

Ew, those last two sadly manage to beat out Schwarzkopf, PTC and Reverchon (okay this one ain't a big deal), of which I've ridden 20 of each.

Will

Strata Poster
Yeah, go on then, let's see how the last 12 months haven't changed my stats ;)

Count of Creds
Manufacturer Grand Total
Vekoma 74 4.89% (Up 4)
Mack 48 5.19% (Up 4)
Pinfari 39 3.90% (Up 1)
Zierer 36 3.72%
Intamin 30 6.00% (Up 5)
Gerstlauer 28 5.86% (Up 1)
Zamperla 23 2.91% (Up 3)
B&M 22 7.91% (Up 1)
Maurer 21 5.33%
Unknown 19 3.89% (Up 1)
SBF 16 2.69%
Reverchon 13 4.46%
Schwarzkopf 11 6.36%
Arrow 9 5.22% (Up 1)
DPV Rides 9 3.00%
Cavazza Diego 8 3.00%
Soquet 8 5.25%
DAL Amusement Rides 6 3.17%
Fabbri 6 3.50%
GCI 6 7.50% (Up 1)

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Aw man, this is getting worse. You know Ghosterforce? 9 - count 'em, NINE new Vekomas added. Booster and Boomer' at Tover', Sh*tehawk, Colorado and Raik at Phantasia, the SLC, SFC and skater at Movie Park and the Boomerang at Walibi.
That makes 9, right?

New B&M's? Only 2. Baron and Mamba. This is bad, I'm adding Vekomas at 5 times the rate of B&M's. My B&M percentage is plummeting, man. Music to the ears of some people, no doubt. :(
I blame you lot. If it wasn't for CoasterForce, I wouldn't have gone to half of these tin-pot little Euro parks and had an amazing time and met loads of cool people. You're very bad.

Anyways, 44 Vekomas vs 35 B&M's. Think I need to get my sorry ass over to 'Murica.

Got a trip to 'Murica lined up for next year which could potentially put B&M back in front with 11 of the things, but in order to do that I'd have to actively avoid riding any Vekomas en route.
Might be worth it! :D

So I went to 'Murica.
Ended up getting 14 B&M's in the end, Yay! The bad news? I picked up 10 new Vekomas too. Boo!
If only I had been a wee bit more selective, a bit more of a cred snob, and not given in to temptation and ridden all the crappy +1's along the way, then I could have had B&M back in the top spot where they belong. Cos let's face it, most of the Vekomas were rubbish. Apart from the Invertigo and the Flying Dutchman at KI (new-to-me ride types), it was all crappy clones - Boo-meh-rangs, SLC's, SFC's and Roller Skaters, all things that I could have lived without.
But noooo... muggins here had to be a ho, didn't he?
I blame @DelPiero. He made me ride 'em. Proper begged me, he did.

Anyways, here are the tallies:
1. Vekoma - 54
2. B&M - 49
3. Mack - 32
4. Intamin - 28

Not anal enough to have a spreadsheet, so those are the only manufacturers I can bothered to add up.
Except Schwarzkopf - got 14 of those beauties.

Last edited:

DelPiero

Strata Poster
I blame @DelPiero. He made me ride 'em. Proper begged me, he did.
Bull.
The only ride I actively tried to get you to ride that you wouldn't was Winderness Run as it's a historical cred, and guess what... It would have added a +1 to your precious Intamin count. Don't waffle on about only good manufacturers when you actually turn down an Intamin. Nothing you say in this thread holds any weight anymore. Cretin ;)