What's new

Blackpool Pleasure Beach | Icon | Mack Multi-Launch

Pear

Strata Poster
As for Infusion, I've ridden an SLC with the new headbang free trains and it was still like a bag of nails. You can't polish a :emoji_poop:.

I've ridden Riddler at SFNE and with the new trains the ride is really fun now. It's a bit shuffly still but it doesn't hurt cause there's no headbanging and the ride has some good forces as well.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I've ridden Riddler at SFNE and with the new trains the ride is really fun now. It's a bit shuffly still but it doesn't hurt cause there's no headbanging and the ride has some good forces as well.
Shuffly? They should've called it the Fiddler or the Wriggler. :p

Lofty

CF Legend
Did Icon again today around 10/11 times. It was riding very well by the end of the day and was constantly on 3 trains, stacking only occurred when ****ing idiot guests caused them.

elephant58

Hyper Poster
Oh god. I'm visiting for the first time in August, and Infusion will be my first ever SLC, so part of me is mentally preparing myself for what could very well be my least favourite coaster. However, I'm also holding out that it might not be as awful as everyone says SLCs are. From what I can gather, though, SLCs are rides that you ride for the credit and never ride again for the most part. In the eyes of many enthusiasts, anyway.
It's really not awful, there's a bit of headbanging throughout, but it's still fun enough to re-ride, in my opinion.

rob666

Hyper Poster
Try to wait for the front seat, stick your head well forward to avoid the restraint...quite painless and quite an enjoyable ride.
Queue shifts quicker than most coasters if it is on 2.

James F

Hyper Poster
Yeah I do that on infusion, but I still can't enjoy it because I feel on edge. I know as a complaint for a roller coaster that sounds like a juxtaposition, but it's true. I just can't enjoy it because I am worrying about headbanging. It's just not a nice ride.
Try to wait for the front seat, stick your head well forward to avoid the restraint...quite painless and quite an enjoyable ride.
Queue shifts quicker than most coasters if it is on 2.

Sent from my G3221 using Tapatalk

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
^Nah, Big Dipper is considerably worse in the back row, especially for the first drop. The first drop on Dipper feels like the whole of Furius Shako.

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
I rode it last year with the new trains before the retheme and it was still a rattly, juddery piece of ****. It was my least favourite SLC until I re-rode Infusion a few days ago. :(

If Big Dipper is boring then Wicker Man is a complete snoozefest.
This is just complete bollocks. I don't think Wicker Man is amazing by any means but Big Dipper is a convoluted lift system, one half decent drop and a small hill both ruined by the roughness, and then a tedious meander to the end of the park and back. The best bit about Big dipper now is the station! ;)

James F

Hyper Poster
I actually really like the big dipper. I don't thinks it's too rough and I think the airtime towards the back is fab despite its bumpy nature. It's one of my favourites at the pleasure beach

Sent from my G3221 using Tapatalk

Lofty

CF Legend
Big Dipper and Grand National were running so bad yesterday, really really bad. They need considerably TLC or RMC, either/or.

MakoMania

Mega Poster
I get that the back row of Grand National is a bit rough, but other than that I have no idea why people say Big Dipper/Grand National are so rough. I ride both of them frequently and I almost never experience any pain whatsoever and I think they are both fantastic classic wooden coasters and definitely more exciting rides than Wicker Man without a doubt.

Lofty

CF Legend
They were rough throughout the entire layout, yesterday, there's absolutely no debating it. Most guests coming off saying 'that hurt' or 'I didn't really like that' etc. speaks volumes.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Anyone up for a new, station to station POV of Icon?
Video by Coastervideos.

Bear in mind this was filmed in the morning when the ride was testing before it opened for the day, it is running an empty train and hasn't had time to warm up yet, so it will look slower.

MakoMania

Mega Poster
They were rough throughout the entire layout, yesterday, there's absolutely no debating it. Most guests coming off saying 'that hurt' or 'I didn't really like that' etc. speaks volumes.
I am going to deny it, there's a reason that Big Dipper still has the 3rd highest ridership in the park after nearly 100 years.

Some days they can be bumpier than others, but (for me at least) bumpy doesn't equate to pain. I don't think Infusion is painful either though, or The Smiler/SAW. Only painful coaster I've ever been on is Colossus at Thorpe.

Efan

Mega Poster
Highly doubt they'd go near Big Dipper or Grand National with an RMC mindset, most they'd get is a retracking. If this park ever does get an RMC I'd wager it's a ground-up.