What's new

Blackpool Pleasure Beach | Icon | Mack Multi-Launch

streetmagix

Mega Poster
Go and try Altair at Cinecitta world. I rode it the 2nd year it was in operation and it was rougher than SAW or Smiler. Typical Intamin.

Will

Strata Poster
Just had one ride today, second to back row around 5PM - about an hour back up after a breakdown. Sadly, it was very meh, 6.5/10.

I'll believe I'll like it more with a few more rides but that one really didn't gel with me.

MakoMania

Mega Poster
Rode after 9pm today, back row, absolutely brilliant, my shirt nearly came off there was so much airtime.

I've previously said I prefer the front but I think I've now changed my mind.

Dar

Hyper Poster
Maybe they're running it a bit slack while everything beds in, leading to a bit of rattle? Tighten it up after a few weeks of constant running?

Pear

Strata Poster
How are you guys still discussing this. Every ride has a bit of a rattle whether it be minor or major. Get over it and enjoy the ride.

rob666

Hyper Poster
Great evening on the park, three Icon rides with a thirty minute queue back to the gate, celebrating fifty years of coaster riding.
I concentrated, sat front, middle and back.
No ****ing rattle.
At all.
No vibration.
At all.

rob666

Hyper Poster
Good one Sandgrown, I was going to pass such a comment yesterday.
Smoothest coaster I have ever been on, no clunk, clank or bonk from station to station.
Yet to go on it without spotting a dozen familiar faces.

Peet

Giga Poster
I had my first 7 rides on Icon yesterday, I enjoyed it more and more with each ride, especially my last ride around 9:20pm when it was starting to go dark. The sequence of the zero-g roll followed by 2 sharp airtime hops down into the mist-filled tunnel and onto the second launch is one of the very best bits of any UK coaster. There is a surprising amount of ejector airtime throughout.
My only criticism is the lack of punch on the launches, especially the start of the first launch where it creeps forward out of the station, stops, then creeps forward a bit more before it really starts to accelerate.
But overall they've done a brilliant job.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Are there any glossy smooth Intamins in operation?
Flying Aces was pretty damn smooth when I rode it a few years back. Probably the same with Skyrush too.

Taron's also remarkably smooth.

Snoo

The Legend
Are there any glossy smooth Intamins in operation?

A number of them to be honest, even the older ones. I've seen a number of them with shutters over the years, but it isn't consistent across all installations, just like B&M's rattle isn't. Intamin has more instances of it, but I think it depends on the train type then anything.