What's new

Park you didn't expect to want to revisit

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Off the top of my head, this will end up as parks I visited as a cred run that were unexpectedly fab...
Plopsa Coo

Totally agree! Just expected the park to be a +2, but ended up really enjpyien the place. Certainly don't plan to go back any time soon, but if they get a new cred, I'd gladly free a few hours on a trip to go back.

Will

Strata Poster
Uhm... care to explain this, Willster?
Granted, it really doesn't fit in with the rest of the list and isn't half as nice, but I've ended up going twice and wouldn't mind going again before it inevitably gets spited. Tornado, as I've said in other topics is probably the most intense coaster in the UK and is generally insane and as daft as it sounds, I think the weather ended up being really nice and we had a surprisingly fab time the first time I went. It's always easier for a park to impress me when I go in with very low expectations and that was definitely the case on this occasion! By contrast, I never want to go to Codona's in Aberdeen again!

Gronalund because it's everything that style of park should be with a fair few fab creds. Really loved the setting as well.

Mt.Olympus because it was actually a great deal of fun with coasters far better than I anticipated. The water park was a hoot also!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Mt.Olympus because it was actually a great deal of fun with coasters far better than I anticipated. The water park was a hoot also!
Agree with this. I just want to go round on the go karts all day!

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Six Flags America- Heard all kinds of horror stories, I admit some of them were true, but this place is kind of so bad it's good. Some charming visuals here and there, a nice diverse selection of fun creds (seriously, only a few of the rides here actually offended me), and Wild One is absolutely amazing. I had no problem going back to get the creds I missed Winter 2016.

Six Flags St. Louis- Maybe the Six Flags brand is growing on me but here's another smaller Six Flags park I'd love to get back to. Looked pretty standard from the outside but this place is actually pretty special! Some nice themed areas, Mr. Freeze and the woodies deliver a nice 1-2-3 punch, and easily the best staff I've seen at a Six Flags park. I'm seriously hoping they get a Raptor track next year to give me an excuse to go back, it's the perfect size for one.

Morey's Piers- Just went to get creds and leave but I actually really enjoyed it. Their Flitzer is a nice, smooth ride and Great White is one of CCI's best jobs. Love the location and tacky theming as well.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I’m one of those “kids” you speak of that loves RMC and Intamin and honestly, if something comes along that’s good enough to make RMC’s current stuff outdated, I want a piece of that! I never understood all this love for rides just because they’re old. If older rides were really that “great,” they would still make them that way. Sure they might have a better story to them, but in terms of “it’s a good coaster,” I see no reason to give out bonus points to something just because it’s outdated or going extinct. History belongs in a museum, not in practice. To me they’re machines that get utilized regularly, not antiques sitting on a shelf, you need to get better performance out of them to open more doors creating good ride experiences.

Now if someone actually happens to like an older ride as a personal opinion or there are qualities on older ones that have gone extinct that they like, that’s one thing. Even someone that’s as big on innovation as I am has a few older geometrically designed wooden coasters in their top ten. But I don’t get the whole “I like it because it’s old” attitude at all.

So @Jarrett why is Wild One getting special treatment?

fry.PNG

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Oh there are older wooden coasters I love, don’t get me wrong. But for the most part, a large percentage of coasters of that era are trash. Blue Streak, Wild One, Twister, Phoenix, they’re there. But for every one of those there’s at least three or four Kennywoodies, SFNE Thunderbolts, Compounce Wildcats, or High Rollers...

I think Wild One is the only one where a coaster of that era is my favorite in a park stacked with newer rides, though.

Will

Strata Poster
Despite being the Aussie park I was least interested in, Sea World on the Gold Coast deserves a mention as well. Mostly for the fab aquarium, but Jet Rescue wasn't bad.

Rachel

Coaster MILF
I'm loving all the mentions of Movieland Italy in this thread, it was so unexpectedly one of my favourite theme park days ever.
I'd happily go back to Tivoli Gardens and not even ride anything because it was so beautiful. Gronu Lund also had a fab atmosphere that made me want to go back.

Catmaydo

Roller Poster
La Ronde. I heard it was a total turd and that the crowds were awful, but honestly, with the exception of the ride ops on Le Monstre (and the subsequent bruising from it) it wasn't really that bad. Sure, their coaster line up isn't the best, but there's something nice about the idea of a theme park I can visit on an island in the middle of a city.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Lake Winnie - we thought we were stopping for a quick cred run and walked into what turned out to be a proper, adorable park with a ton of charm in a beautiful setting. Cannon Ball was quite a treat for those who like classics and we wanted to stay just because the park gave off such a welcoming, friendly vibe.

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom - Also expected a cred run but the rides turned out to be pretty fun and the zoo portion added an extra depth to the park.

Seabreeze - Showed up buzzed, snapped the flying scooters so hard they almost broke, sang Bohemian Rhapsody on Jack Rabbit, and overloaded a coach on Bobsleds such that we nearly overshot the brakes. We had such a genuinely good time there.

ryanrum

Roller Poster
Darien Lake. I had a lot of fun there and it was a great environment with great people. The Rides are great too! I hope to revisit it sometime this summer.

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
Djurs Sommerland is definitely high up on my list. That park has come on leaps and bounds since I first visited in 2009, and by 2014 felt like a really solid park with great attractions, nice areas, and something for everyone. They've continued with refreshing the older, more worn areas of the park since then, and I'd love to go back there within the the next few years.

Will

Strata Poster
I have much happier memories of Farup than Djurs, and neither of Djurs' major coasters have ever done a lot for me - but neither is a park I'm surprised to want to return to.