What's new

Cedar Point | Steel Vengeance | RMC I-Box (Mean Streak Conversion)

Snoo

The Legend
To "top" SV, they'll need to break a notable record that people care about and/or do something truly pioneering, Maybe T-rex? I have a feeling it won't be the tallest and fastest flying coaster.

Back to topic, how long have the SV lines been with one train running?

From sources, still floating around several hours but the line is heavily controlled.

llCoasterN3rdll

Roller Poster
From sources, still floating around several hours but the line is heavily controlled.
There were also people who stayed in the cabins and believe they saw all three trains testing at around 11PM (Amusement Insiders, YT). They got last ride of the night on it and right after, they saw a bunch of RMC workers and trucks come on sight, which is good. So they might able to officially get this thing back up and running very soon.

Last edited:

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
An hour and a half? If only you knew the true pain of queuing for Steel Vengeance!
tumblr_inline_nmet14kDmy1t3yqtt_400.gif

... But seriously great to hear it was such a relatively short queue.

Bryan Wagner

Roller Poster
In fairness we it was48 degrees on a Friday and we originally thought we were just going to get a boarding pass and ended up getting in line instead

Bryan Wagner

Roller Poster
I rode second row and it was as smooth as could be even some of the more intense elements were super smooth there were a couple times I just tried to figure out what I had just experienced by trying to look back but the next element was already there. Start to finish was as exciting as I have ever experienced riding a . When I got off the ride I was visibly shaking and weak in the knees. I am going to have to get back to Ohio to try a couple different locations but the front car was amazing

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
New reports are that the coaster was operating in 3 train operation with 2 trains on-track during opening day, which was cause for the bump. Weird that it was such a simple oversight in operation, but apparently enough to cause a performance difference.

Bryan Wagner

Roller Poster
New reports are that the coaster was operating in 3 train operation with 2 trains on-track during opening day, which was cause for the bump. Weird that it was such a simple oversight in operation, but apparently enough to cause a performance difference.
Huh I guess that could throw the sensors out of whack. Looking for third train. Either way sounds like an easy fix just gotta set it up to dummy proof programming

Ben

CF Legend
Something not many people realize about 3 train operation is that adding in that third train essentially shortens the dispatch interval(for smooth dispatches, at least). So instead of dispatching when the train reaches the brake run, the crew would have to push in order to get the train out by the time it gets to the MCBR. If the crew is slow, or if some sort of trouble arises(which is bound to happen), stacking happens, and leads to longer waits. However, with this ride, it seems like the second half is long enough so that stacking shouldn't be a problem.

I mean, I'm pretty sure everyone realises that about three train operations xD

But Cedar Point manage it nicely on their other coasters, some with much shorter lengths, so I'm sure it'll be fine.

Pear

Strata Poster

There is no 3 train operation mode. The ride actually can't run 3 trains since it's not been programmed to yet.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Rode it again today and I can confirm it is still on one train operation. Digger was running today, and the restraint screen was actually working as well later in the day. It took a while for it to open in the morning but I only saw it have a few minor hiccups throughout the day once it was up and running.

Not sure if it's been mentioned in this thread or not but there have been reports floating around of padding flying off the seats. I can confirm today that going over the top hat, a piece of padding was ripped out of the second to last car on the train. The Velcro holding it on stayed fastened, but the adhesive holding the pad to its half of the Velcro failed. I let a ride op know where I saw it fly off and she blocked the row off as we were leaving, but our next ride the row was open again with the padding replaced, which I suspect they might have borrowed from Chess or Blackjack until the other one could be recovered after park hours. Jenny and I later rode in the exact row where it occurred and it was like it had never happened, though.

Great day, though! Shame a line just to the edge of the structure is a good hour but we still managed four rides on it! It was a dead day but they're certainly going to need those other trains before it gets busy at this rate.

Jarrett

So with timed entry into the queue, what is the actual stand in line and wait time when your it's your time to enter the queue?
Should've mentioned that, they weren't doing boarding passes yesterday. But on one train, time spent waiting in the structure is about 45 minutes and each switchback is about 15.

Jarrett

So you waited a total of...?

Crap, left that out of my original post. The line was out of the structure and around the first switchback or two consistently throughout the day, we waited an hour to an hour and fifteen every time we rode that it didn’t go down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk