What's new

Knott's Berry Farm | HangTime | Gerstlauer Infinity

Edward M

Strata Poster
Wow, I'm shocked at how much I love that Night POV. The lighting scheme plus the boardwalk just looks really pleasant and seems to fix the park's worst land. I'm actually a Knott's fan, so I'm happy to see some improvement. I do wish we could have seen that B&M Giga or some sort of RMC. However, it looks like one of the better rides in the park and a solid addition.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Honestly? Meh. Dip into the cobra roll looks fun but other than that, it's not really grabbing me.

Although anything is better than a Boomerang.

Hutch

Strata Poster
It looks like a pretty solid ride, probably one of the better attractions at Knott's, and the lightning looks fantastic. If this does well (which is probably likely) I could see Cedar Fair investing in more of these for some of their other mid-tier parks.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
The Smiler would probably be decent if it had lapbars.
It would be better but it would likely still vibrate and need heavy re-work of the final inversions. It would be a PR nightmare as well after the accident to change the restraints to anything perceived as less safe, media would run riot with it.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Looks like a fun little coaster that fits into its area like a glove. Not really a fan of standard looper layouts but as said above, I do think it looks like one of their better rides. That lighting should really bring the area to life at night too, which makes me happy because I always thought that was a really cool theme for an area.

If anything, I hope this is another foot in the door for the Infinity system in the US. Not ridden one yet but I love seeing all the stuff they can do with it, and this is an example of yet another application for the same hardware.

Snoo

The Legend
I stand by that it looks solid but nothing that will blow your mind. I won't go to Knotts just to ride it but if I'm visiting, I'll gladly make it a definite must ride.

KCL_Lighting

Roller Poster
I found myself in the on-ride video!
bdVagQY.jpg