What's new

Cedar Point | Steel Vengeance | RMC I-Box (Mean Streak Conversion)

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
So Steel Vengeance is now no longer on Fast Lane Plus which I find pretty stupid. Of course this has to happen the week before I go screwing me over. Oh well let's see if they add it back after this weekend.
I apologize to everyone who waited in line with me last weekend for going on an economic rant for how ineffective the Fast Lane program is. Good move, I say.

I also wrote up my own trip report from the week - including GIFs! http://www.coasterforce.com/forums/...ned-to-stop-worrying-and-love-the-goon.42519/

Howie

Donkey in a hat
This, it's history @Howie. You have to get it.

I have no ulterior motive whatsoever...

giphy.gif

I'll do Wilderness Run, if you do a Windseeker.

Lofty

CF Legend
Well, we know it definitely ran two for a period and is now down to one again - wasn't one of them being used for parts at the moment?

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Blackjack had some sort of issue (don't remember what) and seems to have not been touched since.

If last weekend was any indication they were able to load and dispatch trains pretty quickly and the line felt like it was moving consistently. While this stinks we'll see what the final outcome is.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Has this ride actually ran 3 trains (max throughput) yet?
Not yet. Blackjack has yet to run regular operation to the best of my knowledge - I've heard rumblings on malfunction with the lap-bar apparatus, but nothing has been officially confirmed.

As @Youngster Joey said, two train operation is pretty good for the ride, with 2 and ½ minutes the just about sweet spot for dispatch intervals. A third train would help peel off a few more seconds for sure - first things first, let's get back to two train operation.

Also, RMC has released a great photo on their Facebook page.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Something not many people realize about 3 train operation is that adding in that third train essentially shortens the dispatch interval(for smooth dispatches, at least). So instead of dispatching when the train reaches the brake run, the crew would have to push in order to get the train out by the time it gets to the MCBR. If the crew is slow, or if some sort of trouble arises(which is bound to happen), stacking happens, and leads to longer waits. However, with this ride, it seems like the second half is long enough so that stacking shouldn't be a problem.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Are other RMCs operating with one train after the incident on SV, or is it something focused on this particular coaster?

I was wondering this after seeing videos of Wonder Woman with just one train even though I have seen it run in other videos with three trains...

Hutch

Strata Poster
^Doubt it. This isn't a problem with the RMC trains in general, just the braking system for this specific ride.

Wonder Woman is also in its early stages so they're probably messing around with a different number of trains as well.

Snoo

The Legend
Something not many people realize about 3 train operation is that adding in that third train essentially shortens the dispatch interval(for smooth dispatches, at least). So instead of dispatching when the train reaches the brake run, the crew would have to push in order to get the train out by the time it gets to the MCBR. If the crew is slow, or if some sort of trouble arises(which is bound to happen), stacking happens, and leads to longer waits. However, with this ride, it seems like the second half is long enough so that stacking shouldn't be a problem.

This is Cedar Point we're talking about however, who has some of the best coaster operations in the business. If I wanted any park to try and pull that off, it would Cedar Point to be honest. I think their only problem would be rechecking the train, which does slow down dispatch times.

However, I do think when the ball gets rolling, the will stick with 2 train operations like all other RMCs out there (to my knowledge).
^Doubt it. This isn't a problem with the RMC trains in general, just the braking system for this specific ride.

Wonder Woman is also in its early stages so they're probably messing around with a different number of trains as well.

This guy. The brakes are the root cause of all of their issues.

jodon1981

Roller Poster
I don't see how 3 train operations would ever increase the wait time. It might increase the length of time an individual is on the ride due to stacking, but the actual wait time in the queue should not be hurt by 3 train operation.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
If trains stack due to bad station operation, it isn't that wait time increases with 3 train operation; rather, wait time does not change at all with 3 train operation.

The benefit of adding trains diminishes as train count increases. The benefit from 1 train to 2 is immense - going from 2 to 3 is good, but with less diminished wait time, dispatch, etc.

llCoasterN3rdll

Roller Poster
Did anyone see their new blog post about SV and a possible hint towards their anniversary? It was just a normal post. “SV is great and stuff. Blah blah blah.” But at the end they answered a question a lot of people have been asking them after they rode SV. “How do you top something like this?” They said: “Don’t you worry”. If they follow through with that answer and top SV, then I’m officially done lol.

codeman94

Mega Poster
To "top" SV, they'll need to break a notable record that people care about and/or do something truly pioneering, Maybe T-rex? I have a feeling it won't be the tallest and fastest flying coaster.

Back to topic, how long have the SV lines been with one train running?