What's new

Blackpool Pleasure Beach | Icon | Mack Multi-Launch

Matt N

CF Legend
Just a heads up to anyone visiting for ICON... Parking is going up to £15 from May 26.

D0wCTFs.png
Yikes! Is this for all 5 BPB car parks, or is this like the express parking at Alton Towers?

Hutch

Strata Poster
I think the big thing for me is the speed/pacing, which I think could be a little better here. Specifically, I think the first launch should be a little faster, that'll give some better airtime on the top hat, and perhaps make the following elements more exciting. Right now all the s-bends and transitions don't really excite me, they need to be more snappy. I need a real pov though (have they made one yet?).

I'm looking forward to hearing what you guys think after riding it.
Ugh. Time Traveler is nothing like this. People need to ride it before they comment like this.
Okay, I know it's not really a fair comparison as the rides aren't exactly the same (really the spinning aspect is the only major difference, so I wouldn't say that it's "nothing like this"), but I brought it up because that and Icon are the two major Mack launched coasters opening this year, and personally I think Time Traveler looks like a more fun ride than Icon. Obviously I haven't ridden either, but I can still make that statement based off what I've seen/heard. Honestly we do it all the time. Look at the RMC topic or B&M flyer topic, people are ranking those rides even if they haven't ridden them.

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
Yikes! Is [the £15 charge] for all 5 BPB car parks, or is this like the express parking at Alton Towers?
I think that's probably just the car park off Balmoral Road, which is the one directly adjacent to the entrance. It's been used for coach parking and groups if I remember rightly, and it sounds like they've decided to open it up to other cars at a significant price premium. The other car parks are a bit further away, so I'm guessing they'll be maintaining normal prices for those, but that's where most people would park anyway, so it's not going to make a lot of difference to most of us.

sandgrown

Mega Poster
During the daytime, surely you can nick a spot in the residential streets. You could park on the other side of the train tracks and walk 5 minutes over the footbridge at Blackpool Pleasure Beach BR and save the money I reckon. Look on Google maps for Woodstock Gardens and the blocks round there.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
Absolutely loads of places around Pleasure Beach that you can park for free at. Even the parking spaces directly in front of Pleasure Beach are only a couple of £.

It used to be £8 for Pleasure Beaches car park, £15 is ridiculous.

Lofty

CF Legend
Won't lie, looked better as concrete. Not to mention the actual quality of the artificial grass is baaaaaaaad. They should've gone with a more realistic faux turf.

Matt N

CF Legend
I think that's probably just the car park off Balmoral Road, which is the one directly adjacent to the entrance. It's been used for coach parking and groups if I remember rightly, and it sounds like they've decided to open it up to other cars at a significant price premium. The other car parks are a bit further away, so I'm guessing they'll be maintaining normal prices for those, but that's where most people would park anyway, so it's not going to make a lot of difference to most of us.
So sort of like express parking at Alton Towers, then. Thanks @MouseAT!

Ethan

Strata Poster
You can get real grass on rolls of fabric for 12 quid a metre, not sure why they wen't for something that looks like stagnant water at first glance...

davidm

Strata Poster
Can't believe y'all talking about plastic grass when this is going on;
For VIP Boarding Card holders, you will need to pre-book your visit and ride date.
The following days are available for VIP Boarding Card holders –
Saturday 19th May at 9am, Sunday 20th May at 9am, Monday 21st May at 10am, Tuesday 22nd May at 10am and Friday 25th May at 10am.
The ride time will start 1 hour before the park opens to the public. Please check these times before you book as you will need to be at the Ticket Centre 15 minutes before the ride time starts.
https://www.blackpoolpleasurebeach.com/icon/boarding-cards/

So thats a one-time £25 ride on those dates.

streetmagix

Mega Poster
Currently praying for some soft openings on the 17th and 18th May. Anyone else planning to be at the Pleasure Beach those days?