What's new

Dreamland, Margate: New rides for 2018

Dar

Hyper Poster
Is Mulan, the caterpillar ride (apparently, I had no idea it was called that :p ) from Great Yarmouth still there? It was closed last year and remember seeing somewhere that it had been sold. I wonder if Dreamland bought it and used some of the parts from both old rides to get one top notch ride out it?

Peet

Giga Poster
Here is the plan submitted on the Thanet District Council's website for the planning application for the new tower and it also shows the locations of the other new rides. It looks good, and having another ride visible from the seafront will be really good advertising for the park.
2018 plan for tower planning application.PNG

Lofty

CF Legend
Yeah, it'll be a Zamperla. I am guessing that they've struck a sort of loan deal with the rides from Zamperla. A few parks have done it in the past with ride companies where they basically rent the rides to buy them out eventually, kind of like a loan offset against the ride.

vaugc002

Mega Poster
Yeah, it'll be a Zamperla. I am guessing that they've struck a sort of loan deal with the rides from Zamperla. A few parks have done it in the past with ride companies where they basically rent the rides to buy them out eventually, kind of like a loan offset against the ride.
Do you know what these Zamperla towers ride like? I don't think I've been on one tbh

Lofty

CF Legend
Do you know what these Zamperla towers ride like? I don't think I've been on one tbh
I haven't done one before, I've done one of the smaller bouncy ones which are fun? I was wishing they'd have gone with a Funtime one, because they're terrifying.

vaugc002

Mega Poster
I haven't done one before, I've done one of the smaller bouncy ones which are fun? I was wishing they'd have gone with a Funtime one, because they're terrifying.
Ah that'd have been great. If this is 39m that's pretty decent. Hopefully Zamperla can get a decent experience from that sort of size.

stuart

Roller Poster
"Dreamland Drop" testing, yesterday.

It has a good visual impact from the ground and surrounding area and a decent LED package and signage.

DhC8q4UW0AIhVxP.jpg

elephant58

Hyper Poster
I kinda hope that this nine ride investment might be the start of turning Dreamland into a full fledged amusement park, because let's be honest, the UK needs a couple more of those.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Just want the test of the new rides to open now so that it actually warrants a return visit.

(Won't be as good as the enterprise and the top spin though.)

TommyAlex

Mega Poster
Dreamland? Opening another Spinning Wild Mouse?

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat? How random! Next you'll be telling me they've opened their third Big Apple in four seasons!

Benenen

Hyper Poster
Aw no, I'm going on Saturday so will probably just miss out!

Also Scenic Railway, was the new build after the fire identical? I've been on it around 2003 and was wondering if it's a new cred now or not?