What's new

Worlds of Fun Announces 2018 Overbank Addition for Timber Wolf

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
One of the last remaining Dinn Corp. roller coasters, Timber Wolf will be receiving some ongoing retracking work at Worlds of Fun for 2018, removing the 560 degree helix for a 70 degree "overbanked" turn. This is a part of a 3 year plan for replacing key sections of track to improve coaster speed and smoothness.

In 2015, the coaster was retracked from the top of the first drop to the first turn. In 2016, the airtime hill leading to the helix was also retracked. While not an RMC Iron Horse treatment, it's good to see some TLC being given to the 29 year old woodie.

Reactions: JSM

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
"Overbank"

19789999.jpg

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Isn't "overbanked" when the track is banked more than 90 degrees, but less than 135 degrees?
Yes. I'd probably say anything over 90° to be honest, but I suppose there is merit in adding an upper limit too. At some point it would become a cutback...

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
How exciting. Poor World's of Fun. They should really just RMC the f**ker.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
How exciting. Poor World's of Fun. They should really just RMC the f**ker.

I don't think they'd be opposed to that idea, but there would be a problem of affording it. This move looks like it was made because it allows the park to re-market an old ride with minimal spending. Cedar Fair's peripheral parks don't have the best economy around, look at Dorney, for instance...

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I don't think they'd be opposed to that idea, but there would be a problem of affording it. This move looks like it was made because it allows the park to re-market an old ride with minimal spending. Cedar Fair's peripheral parks don't have the best economy around, look at Dorney, for instance...
I'm harkening back to a particular year Cedar Point really pushed their regular maintenance retrack work on Mean Streak as "game changing", even putting a Golden Ticket Top 10 Woodie banner on the side of the ride that season. Lots of lipstick for that pig. :p

tomahawk

Strata Poster
**** this. That thing is perfect for RMC. That ride is garbage.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

colten pennel

Roller Poster
There is a large land clearing right next to mambas service tunnel possible station looks perfect for an out and back wing or giga 2019

Edward M

Strata Poster
I just imagine these enthusiasts in Kansas City hoping for a possible RMC Iron Wolf or Raptor. Then, they get a barely banked turn on the worst coaster in the park.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
I just imagine these enthusiasts in Kansas City hoping for a possible RMC Iron Wolf or Raptor. Then, they get a barely banked turn on the worst coaster in the park.
This was my home park sadly for 7ish years. This was arguably the best RMC candidate in the chain with the layout it had. I'm not going back until they get a new cred, and seeing that it's been 10 years, gonna be a bit longer.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk