What's new

Blackpool Pleasure Beach | Icon | Mack Multi-Launch

lachlan

Mega Poster
On one hand I'm just glad Blackpool is finally installing a new coaster. The park is full of roller coasters with boring names and another one doesn't matter that much.

On the other, I think the half-assed Japanese theme, and posts with the owners names, both look stupid and I feel it would be better if they'd just left those elements out. Same goes for the tagline.

Back to my original point though, none of that really matters, I'm just glad to see a new coaster for the UK :)

Dave

CF Legend
31934077_1736261836456329_3653369232894197760_n.jpg

If there was one thing that was missing from this construction thread was some top quality joinery.

Temleh

Mega Poster
ATI posted all those pictures without context. When I took them and put them on Facebook, I stated that I was impressed with the LED lighting that ran around the perimeter of the roof.

Scott88

Hyper Poster
For two years I have followed the construction of ICON at the Pleasure Beach, from before the leaked info about it all, it has been exciting watching the rumours being posted online and hearing rumours amongst the staff at the park before anything was announced. I have previously never shown such interest in a coaster project and it has been an exciting journey, not only filming the updates but seeing others do the same. I filmed what will be my final Icon construction update video yesterday, the next time I film a video focusing on it, I'll have been on it;

Hutch

Strata Poster
Honestly, Time Traveler at SDC looks better than this. Other than the launches and perhaps the Immelmann and top hat, the layout doesn't look to exciting for me. Now, I still think it'll be a pretty good ride, but I don't really get get why people are so hyped about this. It looks like it'll be on par with something like Cheetah Hunt (which I think is a good ride, and the closest ride I've ridden that I can compare this too).

I hope I'm wrong though. I wasn't hyped during Taron's construction but now I understand how that's a brilliant coaster.

And I bring up Time Traveler because that's other big Mack launched coaster new for 2018, it's a natural comparison. I just think the weirdness to that ride could make it much more enjoyable and there's a couple of elements (like the 90 degree drop) that look much more exciting than Icon's elements.

MakoMania

Mega Poster
The sheer amount of directional changes on this is what I'm excited about, the number of transitions looks amazing! I also thing dropping out of a heartline roll, banking one way, then the other and then dropping down with a bit of airtime into the second launch is going to be a pretty epic moment.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Honestly, Time Traveler at SDC looks better than this. Other than the launches and perhaps the Immelmann and top hat, the layout doesn't look to exciting for me. Now, I still think it'll be a pretty good ride, but I don't really get get why people are so hyped about this. It looks like it'll be on par with something like Cheetah Hunt (which I think is a good ride, and the closest ride I've ridden that I can compare this too).

I hope I'm wrong though. I wasn't hyped during Taron's construction but now I understand how that's a brilliant coaster.

And I bring up Time Traveler because that's other big Mack launched coaster new for 2018, it's a natural comparison. I just think the weirdness to that ride could make it much more enjoyable and there's a couple of elements (like the 90 degree drop) that look much more exciting than Icon's elements.
Ugh. Time Traveler is nothing like this. People need to ride it before they comment like this.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Other than the launches and perhaps the Immelmann and top hat, the layout doesn't look to exciting for me. Now, I still think it'll be a pretty good ride, but I don't really get get why people are so hyped about this.
Mako is right.
The sheer amount of directional changes on this is what I'm excited about, the number of transitions looks amazing! I also thing dropping out of a heartline roll, banking one way, then the other and then dropping down with a bit of airtime into the second launch is going to be a pretty epic moment.
The 2nd half is exciting me, I don't think the first half will please me though apart from the roll/airtime/launch sequence. Not long until it opens and we can judge it properly.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Surely you'd need to ride Time Traveller first to make this comment without sounding like a hypocrite?
Quite.
I'd like to know how many people have ridden both a Mack Multi-Launch Spinner and a Mack Multi-Launch Non-Spinner to compare and if they are indeed as claimed, nothing alike.
@Swoosh maybe? Can't think of anyone else on here who's ridden it yet.