What's new

Karls Erlebnis Dorf | K2 | ABC Rides tube coaster

TilenB

Strata Poster
Yeah, the section up until that MCBR looks great! I already loved the one at BillyBird and this looks like a nice step up.

Jared

Hyper Poster
That second video makes it look a lot better! Looks like a fab ride. Not sure I get the massive slope on the brake run only to put a chain lift in back to the station. Seems a bit dumb that.

vaugc002

Mega Poster
The coaster layout pre-MCBR reminds me of a wooden coaster tbh. Lots of hops and airtime moments. Looks pretty fun!

Gazza

Giga Poster
Im visiting Berlin and rode this today.
The whole place is quite nice and great for families.

Lots of play areas, as you expect in German parks, a tractor ride, farm animals etc. There's a main indoor hall with jams, confectionery, strawberry wine and so forth for sale.

The coaster itself is in a new building with the potato chippery, where you can watch them slicing, washing, blanching, cooking etc. There is also an Eatery where you can get the chips with various toppings. There is a netted kids play area over the seating area, and a set of Animatronic popstar chips singing moulin rouge.

The queue line is very schmick, with several rooms and use of screens to show people cooking chips, a bathtub with potatoes floating in it etc.

The cars were only going half loaded.
The first part is indoor and obvs a dark ride, except all the lights were off and all you could see were crates as theming, giant cooking pots.

Eventually you emerge from the dark ride section through a cave with potato roots hanging from the ceiling.
People are fairly accurate in the judgement of the POV....a "fun" ride with tiny pops of air.

The mcbr is a bit over enthusiastic, they have a staff member permanently stationed up there, and I discovered the reason on my second go....The car just stopped because i was in it alone 2nd go so obviously not quite enough momentum to get through the magnetic brakes.... so the guy had to strain against them to push me along into the second half of The course.

TilenB

Strata Poster
@Gazza, did you get there by car or public transport? I might be heading to Berlin later this year and I'd be carless, so if you have any tips for PT, they're more than welcome. :D

The place sounds fab, though