What's new

Cedar Point | Steel Vengeance | RMC I-Box (Mean Streak Conversion)

My Cedar Point Fangirl days are far behind me, so I can objectively say that this coaster looks incredible! Not going to sit here and say it will be a number one because it will be damn hard to beat Eejanaika, but I am so stoked to ride this thing. I might not wait until June like I was originally going to. Also loving the contrast between the metal and the rock on that signage.

llCoasterN3rdll

Roller Poster
I really hope the front headlights light up at night. That would be sick (yes I am aware that they appear to be nonfunctional in real life based off of the trains)

Hutch

Strata Poster
Gatekeeper has lights on the side of each row of the train. It looks pretty cool at night.

Cedar Point has some of the best lighting packages, and most of the major coasters each has its own unique feature Millennium Force has the moving rainbow supports, Raptor has the green lightsaber, Gatekeeper has the aforementioned train lights, etc. Hopefully Steel Vengeance will have its own unique lighting feature.

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
^ I believe it has floodlights like Mean Streak had. I wonder if they'll have multi colors or just a warm white floodlight, like Mean Streak. Valravn also has a pretty good light package, with blinding (yet colorful and beautiful) floodlights shining on the first drop!

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Some more testing footage, this time from the webcam. Still looking very promising for those opening elements.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
That outwardly banked hill scares the **** out of me. I can't wait.

codeman94

Mega Poster
They raised the height requirement to 52" to ride. I wonder if that was a publicity stunt? There's really low risk in intentionally creating the "It's too dangerous for kids" narrative. Its not going to turn people away. I probably wasn't going to let my newly minted 48" son ride it. (he probably would have been too scared anyway) He just so darn skinny. He will be new to roller coasters this year, so conquering the "tallest, fastest, and wildest" isn't quite necessary on his first day ever riding roller coasters in his life. hahaha.

Pear

Strata Poster
f8634841be4da7f88ac64c4e5bd65ccb.jpg