What's new

Phantasialand | F. L. Y. | Vekoma Launched Flying Coaster | 2020

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Screenshot_20180423-180958.png

As seen in this picture from Discord the transfer switch track has been installed today. 3 maintenance bays as predicted.
The sideways track still looks so strange...

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster
Screenshot_20180423-180958.png

As seen in this picture from Discord the transfer switch track has been installed today. 3 maintenance bays as predicted.
The sideways track still looks so strange...
I agree that it looks strange but it's also funny to see. Unbelievable, unique and fantastic as (almost) everything in Phantasialand.

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster
I have been thinking after seeing this new picture on PhantaFriends.de.
Screenshot_20180424-212621.png
If we look at that picture and go out of the idea of a lake in the middle of Rookburgh and connect it too the illustrations of Rookburgh from Phantasialand itself.
Screenshot_20180424-230400.png
Then it looks like the clouds are blocking the view of the lake/water. The buildings are standing in an L-shape, probably on the side of MaC and the back of the Berlin street.
Screenshot_20180424-230500.png
I also looked at the billboard again and searched for some Steampunk pictures.
Similar: the bridge from the one building to the other.
Screenshot_20180424-224725.png
Seeing this picture gives me the thought that the buildings with the bridge between them, will be as main entrance from the Fantasy area. On the billboard you can see the coaster track going inside so there will be a darkride part. As most people think the trains will go up the lifthill... I'm thinking that after the darkride part the train goes down the lifthill into the exit station.
My other expectations:
1. The blue color is lake.
2. The brown platform in front of the clock tower building under the inversion is going to be a dike next to the lake. Underneath the dike/brown platform will be a darkride part where the train faces the lake and the riders can see through glass what's going on under the water. Some other fantasy: There is a Steampunk submarine on the water.
Screenshot_20180424-225854.png

3. The new entrance from Berlin will go between some buildings and maybe they'll hang a zeppelin between these buildings or on top of the already standing alleyway structure so the front of the zeppelin will be sticking out a bit into Berlin.
4.. The foundation of the second attraction gives probably the shape of the building which could be as on the picture below.
Screenshot_20180424-224455.png

How I see it :
Screenshot_20180425-000018.png
1. Second attraction : flying theater. You're flying in a zeppelin over a Steampunk landscape. It's inside a dome like the 6th picture
2. Darkride part F.L.Y. : seeing underwater
3. Queue line flying theater
4. Main entrance with that buildings that are connected via a bridge. Here the coaster goes inside to the second darkride part which will end with the lifthill that will lead the train to the exit station.
5. Zeppelin between buildings (hangs between 2 buildings) (really difficult to build but it would be spectacular)

Ethan

Strata Poster
Hmm not sure. Just can't see it being a lake if I'm honest, but obviously I could be wrong. Wouldn't be unlike Phantasialand to surprise us...

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster
Hmm not sure. Just can't see it being a lake if I'm honest, but obviously I could be wrong. Wouldn't be unlike Phantasialand to surprise us...

That's why it came up in my mind. I think they're going further than with Taron. If it would be like this, it would blow my mind. Just thinking of a darkride part where you're looking under the water surface, a zeppelin between the buildings, a submarine on the water, the giant bridge as main entrance... It sounds crazy but if I would expect such a masterpiece of a themepark, then it certainly would be Phantasialand.

The lake wouldn't be abnormal when you think about Manta, with near miss effects.
Screenshot_20180425-083942.png

Thw lake would also give a more open feeling and make the area look bigger. I think with this lake the setup could be as the Chiapas area.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
In such a compact area with many buildings, pathways, toilets, ride queues, food outlets (+ most likely a restaurant), maybe another as yet unannounced attraction and the world's longest flying coaster there is no way that there will be a massive lake taking up most of the area. It'd be a waste of space and make everything around the sides too compact/ impossible to fit.
None of the concept art has hinted at anything water based. Just a flight + industrial/factories steampunk theme. I can't see it fitting thematically. There is also a massive lake right next door in the Wuze Valley. Although I would like some sort of nice water feature for the coaster to interact with like Taron's waterfall or Manta. But a massive lake will just not happen.

That centre concrete foundation is interesting though, especially the fact that it is the lowest level of the area and that there are currently no footers there - as seen with the station and launch/break run tunnels the anchor baskets are placed in the rebar before the concrete is poured - which would suggest that the footers will be on the next level/roof of whatever that space will be. Unless of course that isn't the finished foundation and another layer of concrete will still be poured...
But if we assume that there will be something else there could it have to do with a second attraction? An underground dark ride resulting in a Hollywood Tour with Temple of the Nighthawk on top style complex would be great but I can't see them having the space for anything decent.
Could the round end be for a flat ride? Or a simulator ride - be it Flying Theatre, Intamin Ultra Tower or something similar?

And to indulge in further wide speculation if there is another attraction in that corner - the Schauspielhaus, currently the Pirates 4D cinema, is next to it. Given the speculation about it being removed and turned into a new large Guest Services after PHL's recent hint at that (as reported in the Phantasialand Improvements for 2018 thread) - what if (because the space is far too big for just a guest services) they spilt the inside of the theatre in two: one half is the guest services and the other half could house the queueline for a second Rookburgh attraction?
Screenshot_20180425-091349.jpg

In blue I've outlined the Schauspielhaus and in purple marked the already existing fire escape doorway on the Rookburgh side (obviously new door ways could be made).

Then again though there still too many variables and questions about what may Rookburgh contain to accurately predict anything for that centre spot yet. Best to wait and see what develops there.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I'm expecting some form of water feature in Rookburgh. Small water features are scattered everywhere across the park and in each area, so I'd be surprised if they didn't include something, even if it's just a hidden waterfall or something.

A full out lake though? Nah.

Lofty

CF Legend
Funnily enough, water is never a large attribute to any Steampunk theme - just the product of boiling it...

I highly doubt they'd add a massive lake in the centre of the area, it wouldn't actually 'feel' right. Steampunk fits itself more to industrial buildings, overcrowding, compact streets and transport.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I highly doubt they'd add a massive lake in the centre of the area, it wouldn't actually 'feel' right. Steampunk fits itself more to industrial buildings, overcrowding, compact streets and transport.
This is a total "thinking out loud", but what about like water towers or storage tanks? Lots of pipework and structure, but still got a large body of water. You could skim the top of an open tank (this would be nifty as the tank could only have a shallow depth of water, but look like it was huge)...

Lofty

CF Legend
This is a total "thinking out loud", but what about like water towers or storage tanks? Lots of pipework and structure, but still got a large body of water. You could skim the top of an open tank (this would be nifty as the tank could only have a shallow depth of water, but look like it was huge)...
Yeah, that would absolutely work. Just not having a huge lake in the middle that wouldn't really fit.

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster
I looked back at this picture about which CSLKennyNI mentioned that he also thinks it could be that the Schauspielhaus could become a queue line or something else for a possible second attraction.

Screenshot_20180428-205329.png

The passage/ emergency exit stays, no doubt about that and I see no tunnel.

In other words, it is highly unlikely that the building of the Schauspielhaus at Rookburgh will be part of the Rookburgh area and will act as queue line or something. Isn't it?

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster
I wonder where this steal horizontal bar (circled in red) is gonna be used for? This is right above the gate, isn't it? Maybe the gate is gonna be replaced by theming which reaches to that hight to hide the back of the wall-construction?
Screenshot_20180503-111918.png

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
I wonder where this steal horizontal bar (circled in red) is gonna be used for? This is right above the gate, isn't it? Maybe the gate is gonna be replaced by theming which reaches to that hight to hide the back of the wall-construction?
View attachment 2835
That is a duct currently being used to carry electric cables. Presumably it will be enclosed/covered up when they create some sort of new archway/gateway there into Rookburgh.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Is F.L.Y. the only known ride that will be in Rookburgh?
Yeah so far all they've announced is the flying coaster and confirmed that there will be a culinary offering (presumably food outlets and/or a restaurant).
But I'd be surprised if there wasn't another ride for the family market (same as how Klugheim also featured Raik).

EDIT:
It has been reported on PhantaFriends.de today that this morning more supports have been delivered.

Last edited:

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Tobi has reported on PhantaFriends.de that there continues to be a lot of activity on site.
A lot of supports have delivered and are being stored on site.

Below graphic: purple arrow = location + direction of the launch and in the neighbouring tunnel the black arrow = break run direction.
Screenshot_20180505-031137.png

At the end of the launch tunnel, on the spot marked with a red X, a complete support has been erected. The support's two unusual square flanges match those of the curved launch track parts.
Launch_being_delivered_Nov_17_2.jpg

So the launch will definitely start in the tunnel, begin to curve upwards ...
the new ceiling over the break run and launch is at one end higher. Presumably to accommodate the beginning of the launch's curvature.
test.png.97a70c5192412480830a6cf65caf9d52.png
... and into the extremely curved parts.
download.jpg

Picture from Vlodrop last year by @mrrc

Supports have also started to be erected on the footers on top of the concrete slab that forms the ceiling of the launch and break run tunnels.

Lofty

CF Legend
Just returned from a few days at Phanta and the one thing that really struck me with this is the size of the track is so much bigger in person than the perspectives show on photos. It's actually quite huge. The entire week up until late in the evening they were working, a lot of supports seem to have been moved around.