What's new

Busch Gardens Tampa | Tigris | Premier SkyRocket II

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
RMC have knocked down wood that is unusable, and has replaced it with brand new, fresh wood. Look at the first overbank on Twisted Timbers for example. The turn was completely leveled and rebuilt with fresh wood, as the old wood wasn't usable.

It's likely they would do the same on this - knock down part of the structure and put in fresh wood to replace it, and re-profile the layout.

Matt N

CF Legend
I'm not overly sure about this now. I initially thought that Gwazi was going to be demolished in favour of a B&M Giga. Then the trademarks came out, and I wasn't really sure what to think. I certainly didn't think that RMC Gwazi had much chance of happening. But now... I honestly reckon that RMC Gwazi has a genuine possibility of happening. The signs are all there... the supports have been marked, the ride isn't being demolished.

However, one point against RMC Gwazi is that the park said that they were eventually going to get around to demolishing Gwazi. If the park said that, then they will likely demolish Gwazi and build a new ground up ride on the site. On the other hand, remember what Nick Varney said about woodies a couple of years back. It certainly didn't imply that the company had plans on building Wicker Man.

If RMC Gwazi does end up materialising for next year, then it makes me all the more sad that when I enquired with my parents about the possibility of revisiting BGT when we go to Florida in April, their response was a very blunt no, as everyone in my family bar me apparently despised BGT.

MakoMania

Mega Poster
BGT is one of the best parks in the US!

These markings do look eerily similar to Mean Streak and the like.

In terms of the wood, I'm sure some of it is still usable, but they can always put in new wood as well as use steel to reinforce the wood.

Matt N

CF Legend
BGT is one of the best parks in the US!

These markings do look eerily similar to Mean Streak and the like.

In terms of the wood, I'm sure some of it is still usable, but they can always put in new wood as well as use steel to reinforce the wood.
Yeah, I reckon they could do what they did with Hurler when building Twisted Timbers and rip out the wood that's not usable or worth anything.

With regards to your comment about BGT as a whole, I would personally be inclined to agree with you, Mako! BGT, while not my favourite park in Florida, is a lovely park with some great rides! However, I don't think my family were particularly fond of it. I'm not overly sure why, but I do remember my Dad saying something along the lines of "Oh god it's like Thorpe Park" after we'd been in the park for about 15 minutes. I think they more meant that BGT wasn't worth the 1 hour+ drive from Orlando. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, though. Oh well. Guess I can always go when I'm grown up.

MakoMania

Mega Poster
Sky Rocket II is a good coaster model, it would fit BGT well.

But it's still not RMC!!

I always figured that we would see a Sky Rocket II in Orlando and San Antonio rather than Tampa.

J Rod

Roller Poster
Honestly those markers could have been there for a while and may not be new. People are probably just looking for them now due to the rumors.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Am I wrong or did RMC completely or almost completely use metal supports for storm chaser?

With Florida's not so great weather for maintaining wooden coasters could that be an option?

J Rod

Roller Poster
Am I wrong or did RMC completely or almost completely use metal supports for storm chaser?

With Florida's not so great weather for maintaining wooden coasters could that be an option?

Storm Chaser already had a full metal structure before the conversion