What's new

Does Taron have an ORP

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
Ridden the thing multiple times but can’t for the life of me remember seeing one! Does it have one? If not why not?

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
No it doesn't. Not sure why. Either they didn't think it was worthwhile and/or there just wasn't the space.
Interestingly Black Mamba did have an ORP but they removed it after a few years.

NeoXIII

Best Newcomer 2016
I totally didn't spend 40 minutes trying to figure out what ORP means, nu-uh~
It doesn't have one, and I assume because it's going to be hard getting a good photo of every rider during it.
And you could argue that cameras aren't a thing in Klugheim?

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
No it doesn't. Not sure why. Either they didn't think it was worthwhile and/or there just wasn't the space.
Interestingly Black Mamba did have an ORP but they removed it after a few years.
Seems odd! Think an ORP would be awesome somewhere along the 2nd launch. Wouldn’t surprise me if Phantasialand didn’t want a flash ruining the ambience of Klugheim or the camera couldn’t have been blended into the surrounding themeing!

mouse

Giga Poster
Oh god an ORP on the second launch would be amazing, think of the facial expressions!

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
I think the distractions of a camera flash might ruin the second launch. The only place I wouldn't mind one is on the last small hill before the breaks, when you're still smiling your arse off.

zazobo

Hyper Poster
As others have commented, I don't think it'd fit well with the whole area. Can you imagine a whole run of TV screens showing the ORPs in Klugheim with someone wearing the area's staff uniform stood in front of them printing them out and putting them in plastic bags for customers to carry round? Blergh.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
If the reason behind not having an ORP is not to spoil the atmosphere around the coaster/area, hats off to Phantasialand for being the most coherent park in the world.

I can't help but wonder where they get the LOADS of money these last additions are costing them from. I know hotels are expensive but park is reasonably well-priced and they don't get as many people as some other big European parks like PA, Efteling or Europa...

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Park entry is around £40 per day, they don't do BOGOF but do have the early season offer of 2 days for the price of one. It's not cheap, it's not horrendous, it's well priced.
People will generally be willing to part with their money when they are happy, cup of coffee here, lunch there, snack on the way out, meeeeeeerch. I'm pretty sure the most I spent in a park recently was at PL, and I didn't care at all. Everything was reasonably priced and good quality.
Except the hotel buffet, man that stung, but supply/demand.