What's new

Theme park moments that gave you goosebumps

Sythe

Mega Poster
Volcano's launch.
Also the first time I saw Kingda Ka from the parking lot.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster
Another moment spontaneously came up in my mind. Again it's about Taron, Klugheim, Phantasialand.

Watching in full excitement to this steep track of Taron waiting for a train passing by at full speed. The moment I hear the train taking speed on the second launch and then flying up close to the rocks and the waterfall. The soundeffects make this moment so thrilling and that's when I get goosebumps.

1fe0945e071748584125b09551812f4b.jpg

Lofty

CF Legend
I have two main ones:

Night rides on Taron when it hits the second launch. That sound, light, smoke and force combination is absolutely magical.

Secondly, seeing Cedar Point for the first time. We parked nearby a marina across the water and to see all these HUGE coasters in person after years of being an enthusiast was absolutely magical. Loved it.

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
Ive got a few that have already been mentioned;
  • Klughiem opening announcement thingy
  • Flying Dutchman dark ride section
  • Helix Station
  • Karnan
But a few others that havent;
  • Walking down the midway that splits Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure
  • First ride on Forbidden Journey
  • Launch sequence and soundtrack on Hulk as you head up the tunnel.
  • 2nd half of Wickerman Preshow

GeodieCoasterFan

Mega Poster
I have two main ones:

Secondly, seeing Cedar Point for the first time. We parked nearby a marina across the water and to see all these HUGE coasters in person after years of being an enthusiast was absolutely magical. Loved it.

That is another amazing one, I missed the turn off and kept going into town and got a similar view. When the Pepsi Max is big to you its so good seeing so many big rides all together:)

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
- Riding Mako in the front row as the sun set

- First time on Dwervelwind, flying down the drop hearing the beautiful soundtrack kick in

- Another Toverland one...when the on board
Audio on BlitzBahn kicks in. Pure joy!

- The first time I heard the song of the White Women in the Baron preshow

- Walking into Tokyo Disneysea and seeing how stunning the park is

- Driving up the road and seeing the Cedar Point skyline come into view (there was a collective joyful gasp in the car!)

- The amazing Halloween parade at Six Flags Great Adventure, such a cool atmosphere

- Seeing and riding Nemesis for the first time in the 90s, when the Forbidden Valley area looked amazing

...thats quite a few and I feel like I'm forgetting loads!

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
-Riding Goliath at night and in the rain with @MysteriousSue

-Any ride on Terror Twister 2

-Waiting for TTD to launch

-First time on any new ride, really

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

Rachel

Coaster MILF
Alton Towers fireworks finale. Every bastard time!

I have a bit of a weird thing with fireworks in that they seem to make me weirdly emotional. For example at the end of last year's Ghosterforce when we watched the fireworks at Hansa Park, after i'd stopped laughing at the dolphin....goosebumps all over!
Anyway also -
Taron at sunset and just that whole ERT session
Helix at sunset (i'm a bit obsessed with sunsets!)
Walking into a Disney park for the first time
Seeing Wildfire for the first time after we'd done the 15 minute walk through Kolmarden to get to it
And on another fireworks note - Being the only person on Tomorrowland Speedway after it had just finished raining and stopping halfway round to watch the fireworks over the castle. Magical!

Dar

Hyper Poster
A bit of a weird one, but I remember about 10-15 years ago, me and my dad managed to get the last ride of the day on Pepsi Max Big One.

Nothing special normally, but this was in the days of late opening, so it was nearly 10pm, pouring rain, then one of the platform ops made a big show of slamming the station door closed, the dispatch op got on the tannoy and, in his creepiest voice, announced that we were to be subjected to the "RIDE OF DOOM"!
We'd queued so long that all the lights in the park and all the illuminations on the prom had been turned off, so we were hurtling round the Pleasure Beach in the dark with only the headlights to light the way, being pelted in the face by good old fashioned Blackpool rain!

GeodieCoasterFan

Mega Poster
A bit of a weird one, but I remember about 10-15 years ago, me and my dad managed to get the last ride of the day on Pepsi Max Big One.

Nothing special normally, but this was in the days of late opening, so it was nearly 10pm, pouring rain, then one of the platform ops made a big show of slamming the station door closed, the dispatch op got on the tannoy and, in his creepiest voice, announced that we were to be subjected to the "RIDE OF DOOM"!
We'd queued so long that all the lights in the park and all the illuminations on the prom had been turned off, so we were hurtling round the Pleasure Beach in the dark with only the headlights to light the way, being pelted in the face by good old fashioned Blackpool rain!

Have to say that sounds amazing, as it goes up and down looking between the lights of the stars and the lights of the town