What's new

Thorpe Park retheming X to The Walking Dead

nadroJ

CF Legend
Oh I do love a good misinterpreted forum post.

Nothing rude about it at all really. It's a decent achievement, well done.
The writing style of the article is where the cringe comes from. What a surprise.

I couldn't care less about Nemesis, just did a quick comparison with the top ten in @nadroJ 's signature and saw Nemesis replaced Stealth appeared, in an article about Thorpe Park, and assumed something else was afoot in that.

So I don't know man... Sorry for bothering to read the article or showing in interest in how the media puts these things together?

Tbf to Ben that is not clear from your post lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ben

CF Legend
I mean, it definitely absolutely 100% is rude what you posted.

To call an article featuring a member ‘cringe’ is rude no matter how you slice it.

And in fact you’re continuing to be rude by trying to say it’s because I have misinterpreted you not that you could possibly have said something out of line. I haven’t misinterpreted you - your first post said something totally different to what you’re now trying to say it does?

Maybe think about what you’re posting and rather than cry ‘you misinterpreted what I said’ why don’t you actually post what you mean in the first place?

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
The intention is exactly the same in both, the second post is to clear things up.
I can happily admit it wasn't clear.
I've already had the answer in that the list changed beforehand and it was nothing to do with what I suspected as interference.
It isn't rude to say someone misinterpreted something, it is just plain fact. I know what was going through my mind as I typed it. Hopefully you do now too.

As for posting what I mean in the first place with perfect clarity, I'll put that down to laziness. I see general forums as a quick exchange of thoughts. Many things are said that get glossed over. The essays only come in when stuff like this happens. If I spent this much effort on every post, I'd never leave.

mouse

Giga Poster
Whether it's 100% authentic or not, I appreciate this as a piece of marketing. it makes the park seem really friendly and 'human' by focusing on an individual staff member, as well as building up loads of hype for the new ride, because if a roller coaster expert says its the best then it must be amazing!
Thorpe sure know how to reel in the GP, it's good to see parks making the most of us enthusiasts!

Matt N

CF Legend
If @nadroJ says it's good, then it must be good! Even though I hate stuff with scare actors in it, so I will not be riding! Thank goodness I already got the cred when it was known as X in 2014!

Bert2theSpark

Mega Poster
unknown.png

No offence intended.

Lofty

CF Legend
Really confused as to how utilising one of the most successful Horror IP's is a bad idea. But, cool joke? Yay...

davidm

Strata Poster
Clearly its a bad idea as the ride has been overrun by zombies walkers so its very likely that bad things will happen and you might only just escape with your life?
I mean, thats whats been in all the papers/all over t'internet in the large amount of press coverage for a 22 year old piece-of-crap ride ; that must be what is meant by "bad idea" then.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I'm curious what people thought when they heard that Movie Park Germany were introducing a Gerstlauer Bobsled...themed to Van Helsing.

I know it's not exactly the same circumstances, but there's enough similarities there - a family coaster themed around a horror IP. And that worked out well enough. (Yes, I know that was a coaster designed with the IP in mind, etc, and Van Helsing is more thrilling layout-wise, but still)

If Thorpe can introduce enough theming in the ride area, and create pre and/or post shows which are interesting enough, then that'll create a good experience which I think people will enjoy. Much like with Van Helsing really.

My biggest issue is that they've lost their family coaster. With a 1m restriction, X would have been the first big coaster / non-powered coaster kids could do. If it had been marketed and utilised better, and the park had markered itself as a family park more consistently, it would have been one of the most popular things on park. But, since they didn't push the family market idea properly, going back to thrills seems to be the best way to get people through the gates. It's a shame, and I do fear long-term how it'll work for the park, but at least it'll get them somewhere, unlike the last few years...

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster
C'mon, as much as I hate X this is a fantastic idea! They've given a fresh lease of life to a ride that was otherwise on its last legs. Sure Walking Dead isn't to everyone's tastes (it sure isn't to mine) but it's huge! Even now as it is dying out in popularity, there's still a massive following, and the brand has mass appeal and recognition. Just look at the gate figures for Fright Nights 2017 and tell me this was a bad idea. As much as I love original IP's this was a smart idea and from what we've heard it sounds like they've done some pretty cool things with the experience. I don't know about anyone else, but for the first time in a decade I am excited to ride X:// No Way Out and that's quite frankly a miracle.

Lofty

CF Legend
Why is it a good idea? Because guest feedback stated that the guests want more horror/adult themed attractions and the park decided to buy into the Walking Dead franchise that's extremely popular and arguably the biggest horror IP of the moment. The reach that this decision has made has been unreal with a lot of international publications talking about the coaster - it's already a success before it's even opened.

Please explain to me why it's a 'bad' idea because obviously you seem to know more than me.

MOD EDIT: Removed harsh words.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Lofty you are obviously in the mood for a fight for some reason and I'm not going to engage. I've already stated my concerns about staffing. I don't know more than you. You don't know more than me. I love CF but the forums are dying, so can we please just try and make this a place for debate and creativity (even if that is in making bad jokes) not negativity.

Lofty

CF Legend
Not going to engage? You started it, Sue. As always.

Also, please show where it says anywhere about it including performers?

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
Actually Lofty, you started the negativity. I have to be honest, you’ve been bringing a lot of negativity to the boards recently, most of your posts I’ve seen have been arrogantly attacking people, there’s no need for it.

NeoXIII

Best Newcomer 2016
Also, please show where it says anywhere about it including performers?

This blog post makes it sound like there is going to be actors/"walkers" be around, but it could be just the nature how zombies are called walkers that could confuse people.
At least I was expecting there will be actors in and around the ride.

https://www.thorpepark.com/blog/those-who-ride-survive

Was it already open for the preview day yesterday?