What's new

Mourning a loss

Pierre

Strata Poster
Another shout here for the Flamingo Land Schwarzkopfs. They're the coasters that really got me into this stuff and the Booster Bike and SLC just don't cut the thrill they used to punch.

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
I will never get to ride California Screamin' without that stupid Incredicoaster BS and every day I weep silently over the fact that i'll never ride my dream coaster.

Screw you Disney.
I agree that re-theming the ride and the area for a movie/studio commercial tie-in is yet another sad move in the amusement park world.

But I have been on California Screamin’ in the past, and I went on it again just last week, and, if it’s any consolation, it’s a nice family coaster, but other than a nice launch and a little whip down the drops if you sit in the back, it’s not a great coaster by any means. If you’ve ridden a lot of coasters, this one is nice but nothing special.

J Rod

Roller Poster
Gwazi was one of my first big coasters and my favorite coaster as a kid when I wasn't tall enough to ride any of the B&M's at BGT. I completely understand why it was closed down, but it was still sad to see it go.

Peet

Giga Poster
I still feel sad about the Southport Cyclone, the Wild Mouse will take considerably longer than that to get over!

GeodieCoasterFan

Mega Poster
Another shout here for the Flamingo Land Schwarzkopfs. They're the coasters that really got me into this stuff and the Booster Bike and SLC just don't cut the thrill they used to punch.

Along with the Ultimate, Nemesis and Oblivion these 2 were in my top 5 for so long. The bullet was so forceful and Magnum was just a great ride, it had only 3 loops but for me had so much more to it than any of the record chasers ( for inversions at least) that came later down the line. As others have said was such a shame when they were gone but with the money they have spent on the coasters since they could have done so much better. Velocity is decent but Mumbo Jumbo, Hero and Kumba are just poor rides