What's new

Alton Towers | Wicker Man | GCI Wood

Ethan

Strata Poster
Eh... The visuals are nice, but can't help but find the voice over a little cringey. I shouldn't complain though, at least it actually has a preshow!

Pear

Strata Poster
I like the part where you can very clearly see the surface the image is being projected onto

In all honestly though it looks pretty good

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Overall I'd say it's a really good ride and one you should go with low expectations cos it will exceed them.

So it's a really good ride, but I shouldn't expect it to be a really good ride? That doesn't make much sense really..

Sounds like a lot of people like it because they they saw it and thought "oh, it's a hyped up kiddie cred", then rode it and realised "oh, it's just a standard family coaster", and now think it's the best thing since sliced bread. Don't get me wrong, I think this looks alright, and a very complete experience, but I'm thinking many people are now over-hyping it, because new ride fever has hit..

Smithy

Strata Poster
Except nobody has said it's the best thing since sliced bread?

Feedback seems to have been consistent in that it's a very good ride but not better than Nemesis. That's not over hyping it at all.

EthC

Mega Poster
Lol I never said it was the best thing since sliced bread and I more meant we all went in thinking oh it will crap but it was a really good well rounded solid coaster that was really good and fun and is a great bridge the gap between Thirteen and some of the bigger coasters because this is a heck of a lot more intense then Thirteen is and beside I wasnt all like omg amazing. It has its faults like we had the opportunity to ride in the dark so that was amazing but I can't see the effects being anywhere near as good in the day so it will be more meh in that respect and the flat turnaround could have been so much better but the overall experience was great. Honestly it will surprise a lot of people unless you ain't the biggest fan of woodies and then this won't change your mind at all but yeah I really enjoyed it, I think everyone was surprised to be fair.

elephant58

Hyper Poster
New park map from TowersTimes' Twitter page:
DYaRsRLX0AAZTDA

So Wicker Man is officially 'near Mutiny Bay', so basically isn't within any area.

Scott88

Hyper Poster
The Wicker Man looks awesome at night, it rides awesome at night too, I didn't think it'd improve much on the day time experience but it makes it even better! I filmed a vlog at the media night last night and for anyone who may be interested it can be found here;

It was great to catch up with Ian and the guy he was with last night (didn't catch your name sorry :confused:), hope you had a great time too!

FistedColossus

Hyper Poster
Left the house at 7.30am in the hope they'd open it for at least an hour or so but it wasn't to be! The shop was good though I guess.

Felt bad for the actors around WM in the wind and snow - "The wickerman awaits you". Poor bloke had been rehearsing that line all week and it wasn't even open ;)