cKahUvn.jpg

0gOC1sQ.jpg

yNlyrfG.jpg

HNdYK91.jpg

CJOpNne.jpg

P4fbesr.jpg

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
That overbank almost looks like a cutback! Also, is that going to be a cable lift? It's just the trough in the centre of the track looks like it should accommodate a chain than a cable system with a catch car. Unless it's shaped like that for the catch car.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
wait... so it's not going to use a cable lift hill?!
the climb is going to take ages with a chain lift
...i wasn't expecting this:(
That overbank almost looks like a cutback! Also, is that going to be a cable lift? It's just the trough in the centre of the track looks like it should accommodate a chain than a cable system with a catch car. Unless it's shaped like that for the catch car.
Why can't it be a cable with what we've seen so far? Looks very similar to other cable lift hills to me...

aabnxha

video-skyrush-ride-superJumbo-v4.jpg

aaboava

aaectra

I have no proof it's still going to have a cable, but I don't quite think it's ruled out yet...?

iac17

Mega Poster
Why can't it be a cable with what we've seen so far? Looks very similar to other cable lift hills to me...

aabnxha

video-skyrush-ride-superJumbo-v4.jpg

aaboava

aaectra

I have no proof it's still going to have a cable, but I don't quite think it's ruled out yet...?
look at a cable lift anti rollback and then watch the one hyperion have
also look at the chain return under hyperion lift track

Peet

Giga Poster
Great pics, no need to worry about the fact that it uses a chain, so does Shambhala and that reaches the top quickly enough, luckily not all chain lifts go at the speed of Big Dipper's! It looks like the pace has picked up a bit, I can't wait to see it being topped off!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
look at a cable lift anti rollback and then watch the one hyperion have
also look at the chain return under hyperion lift track
I don't buy the anti-rollback argument, why do they have to look like those other examples?

The chain return is a more convincing argument, and one I don't have a rebuttal for, yet.

That said, I also don't know where the cable lift came from in the first place. Have we heard it stated formally anywhere?

Plus, is a chain lift that bad? All the B&Ms work fairly well, even the 300ft ones.

Lofty

CF Legend
Why does a chain lift make a difference? It's all about after the lift than during it. ****ing enthusiasts...

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Why does a chain lift make a difference? It's all about after the lift than during it. :emoji_zipper_mouth:ing enthusiasts...

One of those systems apparently gets riders to the after-the-lift part more quickly than the other. Hence the discussion.

Lofty

CF Legend
No ****. My point is that it really doesn't matter all that much on the grand scheme of the coaster experience.

iac17

Mega Poster
^^^also with a cable lift you may get thrown out of your seat on the top of the lift (in the back row)
that don't usually happen on traditional chain lift (it happens but is less forceful)

Lofty

CF Legend
Tell that to Skyrush, Lightning Rod et. al
Didn't know Lightning Rod was a cable lift, Sue. Thanks for the enlightening point you just made.

My point was that this entire coaster's experience is not based around the lift/propulsion system. The fact that beyond the lift is a series of airtime hills, cool turnarounds and forceful overbanks are absolutely going to overshadow the fact that it may have a chain lift. You really can't please some enthusiasts can you?

DelPiero

Strata Poster
My point was that this entire coaster's experience is not based around the lift/propulsion system. The fact that beyond the lift is a series of airtime hills, cool turnarounds and forceful overbanks are absolutely going to overshadow the fact that it may have a chain lift. You really can't please some enthusiasts can you?
Regardless of the propulsion system it will be fab due to the excellent layout, agreed, but cables do add a little something, mainly that airtime in the back row, so while it's hardly a problem that it's a chain, I can understand why people would prefer a cable, or launch in Sue's case ;)
It's 2018. Even if Intamin made a chain lift do you really think it will be that slow?
Nailed it.
Chains nowadays really aren't as slow as the old woodies people historically think of.