What's new

Phantasialand expansion to start in 2014

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
I always wondered what the business registered in the car park was
Map.png
[/url][/IMG]
Well there has been an interesting development regarding car parking at Phantasialand. As previously mentioned in this thread the large car park at the China entrance is not owned by the park. Attempts over the years to purchase it from the local landowner have been unsuccessful, and the local government has not assisted them in anyway. The owner still has a house in the car park.
The owner has now banned pedestrians from passing through the car park, therefore unless you have parked in the China car park you cannot access and use the China entrance. Large warning signs have been erected around the car park. Basically the only people allowed on the owner's land now are those he profits from; he has no regard for the other park guests.
5a8aee96c208b_WhatsAppImage2018-02-19at16_01_02.thumb.jpeg.772c098578185199b0b16841bbedd0d0.jpeg

One of the signs warning people that this is private land. Source: TotNHFan on PhantaFriends.de.

Last year Phantasialand opened their own massive parking lot for buses and coaches next to the China car park (location marked in red in the image below).
post-79-0-60531000-1422885175_thumb.jpg

The ban means that, rather than the short walk across the street and a few meters along the side of Ling Bao to the China Entrance, guests arriving by bus (mostly school groups) will have to walk along the pavement, around the park and hotels to enter via the Berlin entrance. Signage has already been erected to direct them to Berlin.
Also say for instance that you visit one of the hotels after park close for a drink or to eat and you are parked in the Mystery car park. Since pedestrians are forbidden crossing the China car park you would have to walk around the hotels and Africa, through the road tunnel under the park (which has no footpath or pavement) to get to the Mystery car park.

Additionally and rather bizarrely the landowner has started building his own private miniature railway through the car park (not along the side of the car park but actually right through it!), along its entire length. A trench for the trackbed has been dug, filled with ballast and now rails and sleepers are being laid. The owner did have many years ago a short railway but it has been abandoned for a long time.

Seemingly the landowner is purposely trying to inconvenience guests to Phantasialand who are not paying users of his car park. Is this a reaction to/revenge for the loss of custom from all the buses which now instead park in Phantasialand's newly built lot? And the potential loss of further custom this year with Phantasialand seemingly opening up a Park + Ride for cars nearby the park?
Fans had speculated that Phantasialand's moves to operate more of their own parking to become less dependent on the privately owned car parks. By decreasing the income of the car park owners the land would become less valuable, and the park may then to able to purchase the land at a cheaper more reasonable price. So is the landowner fighting back? (Although if I was Phantasialand I would be careful about getting into a fight with the landowner as he is a gunsmith).

Curious. Hopefully this "car park drama" doesn't effect PHL too much.

Always wondered what the business registered in the car park was!
MtENS7o.jpg

Sounds like a right arse though, the phrase 'why bite the hand that feeds you' comes to mind.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Omg I secretly love the audacity. But yh, why the hell would you want to piss of somebody who gives you so much cash?

Dar

Hyper Poster
Am I the only one hoping for Phantasialand-dragon-themed dotto trains?
stock-photo-llandudno-dotto-train-38745157.jpg

Or an exact replica of the model train this guy is building through the car park?

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster
As I said before in another discussion, based on the information that the green plant wall of Klugheim is just temporary, I guess they're planning a big entrance at the back of Berlin.

A main entrance designed as a Berlin hotel (blue color, such as Disneyland Paris), or on the right a Klugheim hotel (yellow color, in the place of the plants wall), a larger car park (orange color, maybe even with an underground car park for more capacity).

Sometimes an image says more than words.

Screenshot_20180223-202734.png

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
schiene.jpg.a20f593f52099ec4dbd522bf6498d12d.jpg

TOTNHFan on PhantaFriends managed to get a picture of the private miniature railway that is being built through the car park...
The mind boggles.

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster
That f*cker considers this seriously?
I hope phantasialand builds a new car park quickly (and hopefully as my plan that I have described above).

#fingerscrossed

Ethan

Strata Poster
Aren't Phantasia building the park and ride down the road?

I really don't understand why this arsehole is shooting himself in the foot, it just seems so illogical?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
They should add a shuttle from the new car park in to the park entrance.

But instead of a bus or trolley, make it a train.

That would be such a good "**** you" to this guy.

Reactions: Dar

Lofty

CF Legend
This is all very confusing. Why would you bother?

If I was him, I'd turn around to Phantasialand and offer them a good rent that would persuade them against building their own - or a percentage split with them at least? What a ****ing tool.

Dar

Hyper Poster
They should add a shuttle from the new car park in to the park entrance.

But instead of a bus or trolley, make it a train.

That would be such a good ":emoji_zipper_mouth: you" to this guy.

Like this? :p
Am I the only one hoping for Phantasialand-dragon-themed dotto trains?
stock-photo-llandudno-dotto-train-38745157.jpg

Or an exact replica of the model train this guy is building through the car park?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Yes! They should build a level crossing across his level crossing too!

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
erweiterungsmsmh.thumb.jpg.394fa978ce7b8a44bedf9e7eb63126f7.jpg
Last May there were local government elections in NRW resulting in a new coalition and minister for the environment - bolstering hopes that the major political change will see some progress.
Some key members in the new coalition did say back in June they support the expansion of Phantasialand and it is an urgent issue they wish to address to safeguard jobs and the park's future.

So a bit of an update on that... yeah ... no visible change regarding the park after all. Politicians still promise things and take that opportunity to **** talk their opponents. Honestly got to feel sorry for Phantasialand's owners they've been fighting for this expansion for about 20 years.

This article was in the Kölner Stadt-Anzeiger today.

Phantasialand still waiting for its extension
Expressions of good will are not lacking.
This is according to the Mayor of Bruhl who recently said that the council are ready and waiting for new developments from the state of NRW/regional government regarding the possible expansion of Phantasialand

The Conservative CDU politician Gregor Golland says that he and his colleague Ralph Bombis from his coalition partner FDP are working towards a solution - to reach a decision that 7 years of Labour-Green government was unable to.

This is reminiscent of the statements of the CDU before the state election. At that time, he had promised to give a new dynamic to this ongoing debate. Almost 15 months have passed since the elections. In Dusseldorf now govern Gollands CDU in coalition with the FDP rather than the previous alliance of the SPD and Greens. But nothing has happened - at least publicly visible/officially.

Compromise accepted
It seemed already in 2012, a solution had been found. The Phantasialand had accepted a compromise from the government to reduce the their expansion land from the original 30 hectares to only 19 hectares.

Despite the spatial restriction, there it was significantly appreciated. Phantasialand's entrepreneurial vision aimed to make the park a short break destination and keep it competitive, could be implemented on this site.

Nothing has changed in this assessment. For six years, the core area has been an additional 14.5 hectare area, which resembles a triangle and is bounded by the provincial road 194 in the north, the motorway 553 in the south, and the Berggeiststraße or the staff/hotel parking area in the east.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
To expand or not to expand? That is still the question...
Apparently a final decision might happen within the next 2 years according to this article today. Given the decades this debate has been going on for can't say I'm too optimistic but we'll see...

There is still no decision whether the state is selling the forest. The talks are continuing, it was said from all sides. The Brühler CDU member of parliament, Gregor Golland, is involved in the negotiations. He believes that there will still be a result within this legislative period, i.e. in the next two years.

Phantasialand wants to grow by almost 20 hectares in order to remain competitive. Among other things, a water park and a hotel are planned on the new site. Hotel Charles Lindbergh currently under construction does not change anything that is planned, according to Phantasialand.

VonRolland

Hyper Poster
To expand or not to expand? That is still the question...
Apparently a final decision might happen within the next 2 years according to this article today. Given the decades this debate has been going on for can't say I'm too optimistic but we'll see...

Never know FLY might open before they decide that! :p