What's new

Alton Towers | Wicker Man | GCI Wood

Lofty

CF Legend
I have no idea who these people are, but if I wanted this I'd be reading another forum - or coaster enthusiast twitter, god forbid.
Come on, we're better than this...
Well, you could go elsewhere, Will? #SorryBoutIt

On track, though, (pardon the pun). I think these trains are pretty beautiful - up there as the best GCI trains I've seen!

jackandylan1234

Roller Poster
If Gater doesn't lose his job for this, there's something much more serious that he's done coming right around the corner....

In other news, Wicker Man looks far better than I thought it would, the testing videos, and new photos, all show it to be Merlin Magic Making at their very best. Yeah the rides layout isn't amazing, and it should have been far better really, but it fits the park and will be very good at the very least and I genuinely think it'll be right up there with Nemesis in terms of UK enthusiast popularity

Bert2theSpark

Mega Poster
(Is it annoying anyone else that the wicker man has horns?)
The side in the picture is supposed to be Ram, which is a male sheep.

Here's a reference picture.
ram-horn-in-factory-price.jpg_350x350.jpg

chrisgeorgiou46

Roller Poster
I have no idea who these people are, but if I wanted this I'd be reading another forum - or coaster enthusiast twitter, god forbid.
Come on, we're better than this...

You might be better than this but I'm not, sorry. Nope, no no no, Leslie Knope, rhymes with rope, nope.

Shawn Sanbrooke.

Wait. His tactic for getting with girls is saying he knows a celebrity, and that celebrity is Shawn Sanbrooke?

giphy.gif

Okay I needed a laugh today. No offence, Shawn makes really great videos and I do watch sometimes, seems like a lovely lad, and I am absolutely jealous that he lives so bloody close to the park!!! I just don't associate the word 'celebrity' with him.

I won't speak about it or this leaker again, okay? :)

The trains look beautiful and the main theming structure is so brilliant, imposing and unique. I think this really will be one of the best rides there (for older families, unless there is a post-show burning alive section, I'm sure the kids would love that). Maybe because this ride is so central around the main entry of the park, Alton will keep its effects going on for longer? I cannot have another Nemesis: Shipping Container at Thorpe Park, where the volcano's fog effects have disappeared.

I cannot wait to see a POV on ITV news followed by ANOTHER segment about The Smiler crash.

No.
Have you seen his teeth?

Here's a reference picture.
ram-horn-in-factory-price.jpg_350x350.jpg

I can't see his teeth in this picture, can you post another one?

Okay now I'm done I promise.

davidm

Strata Poster
Again, probably nothing, but some more teasing...
Well whatever they are doing, they are doing it at 6pm - oh thats right now.
Well that didn't work very well did it? Drone enabled video - looked nice (in the dark, when we will not get to ride it), but they seemed to have "no sound" issues with the video and then it just stopped.
IT huh? Perhaps they are turning it off and back on again?

Last edited:

Smithy

Strata Poster
Could have got someone who knew how to fly a drone to do it.

That looks incredible though. Shame there won't be much chance for night rides.

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
That honestly looks like one of the coolest theming pieces anywhere. It's a shame the ride won't match that level of awesome.

chrisgeorgiou46

Roller Poster
It's so beautiful...I have no words.

Oh lol actually I do. I do wish the park closed later so we could see it in its full glory, in the dark :) but well done Alton. Great family thrill ride (despite the marketing of it) and really great concept. I really don't know how they even do it with the endless list of restrictions they have...