What's new

Park with worst GP?

ukthemeparkfan

Roller Poster
Thorpe some of the behaviour makes you feel uncomfortable but mind you the worst thing i've seen at theme park was literal fight over the fastpast queue on Atlantis at legoland

bmac

Giga Poster
Oh man since I was last one here I've been to a few parks. Even worked in 2 of them.

Working at Great Adventure for 4 years taught me a few things about clientele, mainly stay the hell away from major holidays and BAFF days. Fright Fest days are also a total :emoji_poop:show, especially on Saturdays. I never had much of a problem with the local crowd except for the season pass holders who felt that owning a pass meant they were on similar standing with the park president, and you had to bow at their every whim. New York and Northern NJ GP are generally trash, and god forbid a person in a wheelchair takes their seat on the ride (ESPECIALLY if they need to use the ADA harnesses). Philly folk were generally more pleasant, but they still had their outliers who could be just as bad as the New Yorkers. The regional group of enthusiasts are probably the worst gathering of people in the US. Outside of a few decent people most of them just vomit :emoji_poop: from their mouths about how the parks suck and how all the employees should be drawn and quartered.

SFNE peeps are probably the oddest bunch of folk I've ever witnessed in an amusement park. During Spring Break in 2016 I worked up there as an ambassador in a sense. They were enforcing the lockers at some of the rides on the only nice day of the week, Dark Knight had a 10 minute line, and any time someone came to the entrance with a bag and was turned away they would ask a rando guest to hold onto their stuff while they rode. Weirdest thing was the randos all accepted and sat nearby until the person came back. Never seen that at 50 other parks I've been to, the amount of trust they have in random people.

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
The regional group of enthusiasts are probably the worst gathering of people in the US. Outside of a few decent people most of them just vomit :emoji_poop: from their mouths about how the parks suck and how all the employees should be drawn and quartered.
Which group are you talking about? Not the regional ACE?

bmac

Giga Poster
Which group are you talking about? Not the regional ACE?

ACE as a whole, no. A few select individuals were a little problematic but we never dealt with them much outside of Riding of the Bull and other ACE events. The ones that weren't an active part of ACE, either as independents or through other groups, were a lot more hostile to work with. Most of them hang around on a Facebook group, so it's fun to look at every once in a while and see what they're saying.

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
ACE as a whole, no. A few select individuals were a little problematic but we never dealt with them much outside of Riding of the Bull and other ACE events. The ones that weren't an active part of ACE, either as independents or through other groups, were a lot more hostile to work with. Most of them hang around on a Facebook group, so it's fun to look at every once in a while and see what they're saying.
Ah, OK. I only got around to joining ACE last year, and maybe I'm just not jaded enough yet, but my impression is that they are very big on observing park protocol and being model guests. And then I went to the Riding of the Bull last summer and it seemed as if ACE had a really good relationship with the park. Certainly, SFGAdv treated us extremely well.

That Facebook group sounds like one for me to avoid.

why did they take issue with you?

We let one kid in front of us in the Cyclone line, and then he decided to invite thirty other people to cut along with him. Then in the Batman line, some lady with her troupe of rotten children decided they were allowed to cut everyone because they had season passes. It was great.

bmac

Giga Poster
We let one kid in front of us in the Cyclone line, and then he decided to invite thirty other people to cut along with him. Then in the Batman line, some lady with her troupe of rotten children decided they were allowed to cut everyone because they had season passes. It was great.

Whenever that happens at another park I ask them where their party is, and I walk with them to their party. If it's just one person on a bathroom break there's no problem, but when there's multiple people trying to cut the line or they're clearly lying about their intentions then security gets notified. Oddly enough Six Flags America has a pretty good setup for reporting it, where you just text their security number the ride name. I haven't had a line cutting experience or really anything negative at SFA in two visits, so I'm not sure how well the park follows that protocol.

James F

Hyper Poster
A few parks come to mind...

One of the visits I had at Alton towers was pretty bad, as there were some kids about 11 making rude gestures at everyone on the runaway mine train.

Never had a problem at Thorpe Park, but I have only been at off peak. One queue jumper, but their is always that one person.

Consistently annoying was the port aventura Spanish guests who queue jump and try to cut you with a family of about 30 people. Disneyland Paris their was a few teens queue jumping who were also pretty arrogant.

Sent from my G3221 using Tapatalk