What's new

Blackpool Pleasure Beach | Icon | Mack Multi-Launch

Sandman

Giga Poster
Meh, that one didn't have any fountains. This one probably will.

Actually been listening to the soundtrack from the initial reveal video some more recently. I actually really like it, can imagine it amping up the atmosphere in the surrounding ride area whilst 2 trains frequently whizz past - a first at Blackpool! God bless ye Mack capacity.

Temleh

Mega Poster
I don’t think North Park will be much worse at coping than last year, it’s not like the Wild Mouse was a throughput monster.

Icon’s station isn’t finished yet, I doubt it’ll even be black once it is complete.

The soundtrack is wonderful, it’s great to hear some diversity from the usual IMAScore offering.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Noice:-
27500702_2311821008843848_6487976949751992625_o.png

Coaster

Mega Poster
I do not completely understand the ticket policy. They charge you extra for Icon?
Online you have to buy extra tickets for Icon: https://bookings.blackpoolpleasurebeach.com/boarding-card Do they really charge you 16 Pounds for one ride on Icon only?
Icon is included in wristbands. The £16 boarding pass is for a certificate, non-rider access to the park and one ride on Icon - if you already have a wristband, the only benefit is the certificate.

Sandman

Giga Poster
Calling it a boarding pass is quite amusing, especially when every other guest will be boarding regardless. Should just call it the super dooper special certificate.

Matt N

CF Legend
So Icon is included in a regular wristband and the boarding pass grants you an exclusive ride? Makes much more sense.

Dar

Hyper Poster
No, there's no exclusive ride unless you buy the VIP one, that gets you a ride before the park opens (on select days). The normal one is literally just a certificate, with the cost of park entry and one ride on ICON included. So kinda pointless if you've bought a wristband, unless you really want a certificate!

Dipper_Dave

Roller Poster
^ They should squeeze a coaster between Revolution/Nickelodeon Land to connect Blue Flyer & Streak onto the line :p

Quite weird that Nash is now the only coaster on the north side of the park. Lonely old sod.

That would be awesome if another coaster was in that space. Preferably a B&M dive machine or wing rider. Or put the wing rider on the bowl a drome / Wild Mouse / trauma Towers site

MakoMania

Mega Poster
That would be awesome if another coaster was in that space. Preferably a B&M dive machine or wing rider. Or put the wing rider on the bowl a drome / Wild Mouse / trauma Towers site
Nowhere near enough room for a decent wingrider there, plus BPB probably won't pay B&M money.

Will

Strata Poster
Let's be honest - even when Icon is inevitably really well received, we're looking at another 10-20 years before we get another new coaster out of them.
And in fairness - let's enjoy this one first as it may well turn out to be worth the wait :)

Do we have a rumoured opening date? (Apologies if I've not been reading properly!)

Last edited: