What's new

CF Lives 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Fair enough.

Really excited about this trip now. It's the Netherlands trip Ive been trying to do for three years combined with amazing Walibi at Halloween. Faaaab <3

Georgie-M

Mega Poster
GhosterForce sounds absolutely fab! What weekend would it be on? Got a few friends desperate to get me to Scarefest, and they're all meeting up on the 20th..

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
GhosterForce sounds absolutely fab! What weekend would it be on? Got a few friends desperate to get me to Scarefest, and they're all meeting up on the 20th..

Bare in mind this Netherlands trip is just a suggestion, Ian mentioned going to Denmark for Ghosterforce too. Either way, I'm totally up for doing it, official Live or not. I'd suggest the weekend of 19/20/21st of October as Toverlands Halloween event will definitely be on then.

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
Could we make it the weekend after (just because I'm already in Germany on Thurs 25th? <\selfish>

The only thing that puts me off the following weekend is how obscenely crowded Walibi Belgium was at that time last year. Like, ridiculously busy. I might email the parks and see if they have their Halloween dates confirmed, that would probs be helpful!

chainedbanana

Hyper Poster
As for Halloween

Is it possible to fit in a smaller park morning into early afternoon - then rock up to Walibi holland for mid-late afternoon for the Halloween event - the Halloween event was Ace BUT - as for the rest of the park - after 2016, apart from Lost Gravity, I wouldn't want to spend a whole day there - really! Depends if theres any newbies who need it as a red run - but even then I think you'd get them in turning up later!

Also Wouldn't Overland be best as the last night - going off the usual rule of 'finishing on a high' - I'd also be up for adding on Efteling afterwards

Georgie-M

Mega Poster
Overland would be a good finale, as would underland... :p
I'm happy either way for Walibi. I've not been to the place before, but could happily just go there for Goliath and Lost Gravity alone, with the fab mazes as a nice bonus. As long as we have enough time to reride the two coasters over and over, I'm happy.

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
From the looks of it, Toverland don't do their Halloween event on Sundays. I suggested going to Slagharen in the morning before Walibi Holland :)

chainedbanana

Hyper Poster
From the looks of it, Toverland don't do their Halloween event on Sundays. I suggested going to Slagharen in the morning before Walibi Holland :)

Oh in that case - avoid Sundays! Like I said - I'd be keen to add on Efteling afterwards - so whichever day is last would be be irrelevant tbh. good plan with Slagharen.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Certainly a lot of stuff to consider here, and of course the dread of not pleasing everybody. I’ll leave this open for another week for any last minute suggestions or convincers to be posted.

Scott88

Hyper Poster
I know it's unlikely but I am going to put it forward anyway, I would be happy to do a joint event between Pleasure Beach Experience and Coaster Force at Efteling, Toverland and Phantasialand on 4th, 5th, 6th & 7th October if firstly Ian was interested and secondly, the CF Live regulars were interested in the idea. We've so far got ERTs lined up at Efteling and Toverland, naff all sorted for Phantasialand yet, would be more than happy to merge the trip between PBE and CF though if the interest to do so was there, I fully respect that people may not wanna do that though, I just thought I'd pass the idea on after reading some of the suggestions.

Happy to chat about it through PM, Ian, if the interest is there. :)

As for other CF Lives, will be keeping an eye out for dates at some of the UK parks, would be nice to finally get back to a CF Live after a long time of not getting to one.

Georgie-M

Mega Poster
Hey I'd be up for something like that if ERTs are involved, sounds like fun. Would have to work around the smaller parks and the events they're holding, since that seems to be something people want to do, especially with the event being quite early in the month. Walibi is another thing I'd want to do while in the area, mainly for Fright Nights and their top 2 coasters. But hey, I'm not exactly a regular at either groups events so don't plan it all completely around my pennies worth, haha.

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
Also, just to note I'm pretty sure Toverland won't be doing their Halloween event that early in October.

...and Efteling as a big group just didn't work last time :/

After emailing the parks, my finalised GF suggestion is:

Fri 20th Oct: Fly to Eindhoven
- Drive 15 minutes to DippieDoe
- Drive 30 minutes to Toverland
(Open til 10pm)
- Stay in nearby in Sevenum

Sat 21st Oct: Drive 30 minutes to Billy Bird
- Drive 1.5 hours to Hellendoorn (which stays open til 10pm)
- Stay nearby in Ommen

Sun 22nd Oct: Drive 20 minutes to Slagharen.
Then either people fly home from Amsterdam that afternoon, or go to Walibi Holland Fright Night (1 hour drive away)

Last edited:

Tomatron

Giga Poster
^Sounds like a good plan - and it's a weekend I can do!

Not sure if anything has been mooted for an Xmas Live yet, but Bakken have posted their opening times for the year, and I'm really tempted to do a Tivoli/Bakken weekend in Late November/December.

From Bakken's website:

upload_2018-1-22_14-34-19.png

Will

Strata Poster
Neither park's added anything of value in the last five years and the so-called Christmas cred appears to have been spited.
It also struggles to get over 4 degrees in Copenhagen at that time of year. Obviously only speaking for myself, but as fab as Bakken is, I wouldn't be keen.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Hmm. Although Bakken/Tivoli sounds amazing at Christmas, I'd rather do the rest of Denmark in the summer. I doubt some of the smaller, more out of the way parks would open out of season (Friheden, Skara, Syd, Sjælland...not sure if any of those are planned?)

Also, just to throw a spanner in the works, Tivoli does a halloween thing which has piqued my interest:
tivoli-haloween1.jpg

halloween-in-tivoli-copenhagen-awfgpd.jpg

TilenB

Strata Poster
I doubt some of the smaller, more out of the way parks would open out of season (Friheden, Skara, Syd, Sjælland...not sure if any of those are planned?)
Uhm, Sue, Skara is in Sweden and Syd has been closed down in 2012. Friheden might be open, though.

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
Hmm. Although Bakken/Tivoli sounds amazing at Christmas, I'd rather do the rest of Denmark in the summer. I doubt some of the smaller, more out of the way parks would open out of season (Friheden, Skara, Syd, Sjælland...not sure if any of those are planned?)

Also, just to throw a spanner in the works, Tivoli does a halloween thing which has piqued my interest:
tivoli-haloween1.jpg

halloween-in-tivoli-copenhagen-awfgpd.jpg

The Halloween thing at Tivoli is just a parade and decorations. Looks nice but I want scares!

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Uhm, Sue, Skara is in Sweden and Syd has been closed down in 2012. Friheden might be open, though.

Opps. Didn't realise Syd was closed, I just remember we didn't go to it on my last visit to Denmark. We actually went out of our way to a 'Sommerland' that ended up being closed and I got confused with Skara (which I've actually been to) - perhaps that was Syd? I don't know, I'm confusing myself completely now...

Anyway, more things might be open in summer - that was the general theme.

Status
Not open for further replies.