What's new

SeaWorld San Diego | Electric Eel | Premier Skyrocket II

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Duel stations seem like a great idea, but parks hate it for staffing. See Tatsu with its 2+ hour wait and 7 minute dispatches.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Ireeb

Mega Poster
Didn't know that they are available with a dual-station. If it has one, VR would impact the boarding time even less, since you have to wait until the other train finishes the course anyway. It's probably enough to get the riders with VR ready. Let's hope they go for the dual station.

Lofty

CF Legend
Duel stations seem like a great idea, but parks hate it for staffing. See Tatsu with its 2+ hour wait and 7 minute dispatches.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Galactica has dual load and VR and the dispatch on that coaster isn't actually terrible at all - I think Tatsu may be a case of operations at that one park as opposed to any dual load coaster.

Tomatron

Giga Poster
^That's exactly why Tatsu can have long waits. Magic Mountain's operations are far from the best!

Tempesto has a 3 car train which helps a bit. But if this turns out to have VR, unless they staff this ride sufficiently it will be a even longer wait for an already low capacity ride. It would make more sense to put it on Manta (and even more sense not to bother with it at all).

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Some photos of construction I found on TPR:-
GvM7rLu.jpg

WXHkDx8.jpg

So the cars for the train is here, can we see any vests through those tarps? And I'm pretty sure there are 3 cars there:-
WyMjSjc.jpg

And here is a construction video made by the park themselves:-
And just out of curiosity, for those who have ridden Tempesto, how do the vests actually affect the ride?

Last edited:

Pear

Strata Poster
The comfort collars are a bit uncomfortable but they don't really affect the ride.

The 3 car trains however do affect the ride. I found the 2 car versions much more fun and forceful. Tempesto has no where near as much positives or airtime as a standard SRII model.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
The comfort collars are a bit uncomfortable but they don't really affect the ride.

The 3 car trains however do affect the ride. I found the 2 car versions much more fun and forceful. Tempesto has no where near as much positives or airtime as a standard SRII model.
Wouldn't that just be to do wit where you sat on the train? Launch speeds shouldn't be any different. Maybe the uncomfort collars did end up restricting the ride experience?

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I think this will be an exact clone of Tempesto. I can tell watching the video that there is no switch track in the station, so it only has the one train. It will definitely have a 3-car train, and the concept images do show vests, but I can't see them through the plastic.

Pear

Strata Poster
The seating position did not matter. Since the ride has 3 car trains it is more drawn out than the 2 car train model meaning less forces overall.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Found these also on Facebook:-
26166155_10213252084630404_6288909577516765254_n.jpg

26195682_10213252084910411_2058449943635519425_n.jpg

26167754_10213252084950412_5590579422764586866_n.jpg

it's coming on well and looks cool! Although they seem to have painted the structure all one colour, when the bottom 50ft of the structure was meant to be a darker blue:-
Screen%2Bshot%2B2017-02-27%2Bat%2B6.12.53%2BPM.png

Seems like the whole coaster will be painted what the top portion of the structure is coloured on here. I still like it though, but it doesn't give that underwater depth feel.