What's new

Alton Towers | Wicker Man | GCI Wood

Matt N

CF Legend
Like the little bit of ITHOTMK integrated into the music; I reckon that might be part of the attraction's score when it opens.

Efan

Mega Poster
I reckon it'll be a WF to do with the fire special effects. All this marketing is literally just about fire. World's First roller coaster to subject its passengers to more than 100°c.

Sandman

Giga Poster
**** this World's first ****. It's literally every coaster now, it's so boring.

A semi-unique ride is not the equivalent to world class. I wish someone would make that distinction soon, because it has cost us a goddamn RMC amongst other things. Never Forget <3

Matt N

CF Legend
I reckon it'll be a WF to do with the fire special effects. All this marketing is literally just about fire. World's First roller coaster to subject its passengers to more than 100°c.
Wouldn't surprise me. Antarctica at SeaWorld was apparently marketed as the world's coldest theme park attraction when it opened, so Merlin aren't the only ones to tread there if that's what they go for.

Efan

Mega Poster
I wonder if the trains will subject the riders to sensory experiences? A 4D (not you X) coaster.
Hope not. That sounds dreadful imo. Pandering to the GP all the way. "First wooden 4D coaster" where there's a tiny burst of water to your face would make the ride experience worse.

NeoXIII

Best Newcomer 2016
It was "World Class" but the very latest general ad (posted earlier in the thread) says "World First"
Lol, when did that happened? Did they find a last minute gimmick in their box to throw onto this? Or weren't they sure their element was an actual "world first" up until recently? XD

Ben

CF Legend
Yeah brands **** up with much more obvious things all the time.

I like the latest advert, it gives me AHS vibes, but god it’s so wrong for the actual ride.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
1 day to go...
26231951_912802742221523_8144897549023237821_o.jpg

26678566_912802778888186_3967539262520239288_o.jpg

Photos by Attraction Images on Facebook.

Matt N

CF Legend
Let's hope they do a Derren Brown's Ghost Train and accidentally put the videos on at midnight tonight!