What's new

Alton Towers | Wicker Man | GCI Wood

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
4cd705aeaa99e0f661c8d62f3d62c8b7.png

It looks pretty green to me. Maybe a greenish grey? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm happy to be enlightened if I'm incorrect.

Ethan

Strata Poster
^ How is that anything but green? The building sucks, no matter how green you want to call it.

elephant58

Hyper Poster
It is definitely something along the lines of green, but I honestly think it looks fine and suits the area. At least it fits in, rides at Alton Towers often seemed to be slated for their lack of cohesion with their surroundings (a la Rita).

Sandman

Giga Poster
Yeah I just can't see the big deal with the station right now. Like, when it comes to Merlin and their investments, there's so much more to moan about. If it's really **** then I'll happily say so down the line. At the moment though, I prefer this 'theme' to Smiler, Thirteen, Rita & Spinball. It's just on the wrong kind of ride :p

catsounds

Mega Poster
It's not that bad, kinda what you'd expect the houses in a hidden village of wicker worshiping people to look like? :p

As long as it's themed well inside ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
Do you think it looks good then?

Personally I don’t think it has any kind of aesthetics. I’m hoping they’ll add some kind of features to the walls, because it’s pretty bland and uninspired.

Also, the tower it has makes it look like a tesco from the 90’s painted green.
25DD6BF400000578-0-image-a-15_1424532080631.jpg

Coaster

Mega Poster
I don't see any issue with the station, it's nothing special by any stretch but fits into the surroundings well and doesn't look 'cheap'.

I do wish they'd stop adding that green mould effect to everything though.

Matt N

CF Legend
Sorry for double posting, but Alton Towers have just posted another video to YouTube:
Um... er... What is this supposed to mean, Towers?

MakoMania

Mega Poster
SW8 is now being advertised as a "WORLD'S FIRST" on the new short break TV adverts.

You know, we never actually saw what was inside that building.