What's new

Magic World, Moscow - Planned "Destination theme park"

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Details have recently emerged of a plan to produce a huge theme park destination about 50Km from Moscow.

Still in early planning stages, the resort destination will cover a huge variety of distinct attractions, including:

• Thrill Park
    Hollywood style interactive park
    Dedicated children's park
    Attractive fountains
    Concert venues
    Shopping/Hotels/Restaurants

Of course, Russia isn't known for great weather, so around 80% of the attractions will be covered so they're available all year round.

The park is being planned with the aid of several US based firms, including Goddard Group, who were recently involved in Ferrari World, Abu Dhabi

Read through the link for lots more details!
http://inparknews.blogspot.com/2011/07/ ... theme.html

Sounds promising...?

peep

CF Legend
furie said:
Sounds promising...?

Sounds cool. Question is, will it happen? Ferrari World also looks disappointing but sounded amazing on paper, will this be a similar story?

Also, what does it mean by Hollywood style interactive park?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I think the "Hollywood style interactive park" (from reading around about it) would be a studios tour type of place. Universal or Disney studios essentially. I think they're trying to get one or the other on side for it.

I agree though, it may sound really awesome at this stage of planning, but will anything come close to what they imagine?

Jake

Strata Poster
To be honest, I can see this happening. Russia is one of the 'booming' large countries, along with India and China, but they still don't have anything like this, and it's only a matter of time.

If they have enough cash to shove this up in a couple of years;

Moscow-City_28-03-2010_2.jpg

... then I don't think a huge tourist resort like this is out of the question.

Time will tell I suppose. We'll definitely see some bigger parks being built in the next few years, even if they're not on this scale.

Ben

CF Legend
Yeah, people seem to think Russia is still backward and poor. It's really not.

Russia <3

Harvey

Hyper Poster
They were backwards when they arrested us for not carrying our papers, and we were poor after the police took all our money from us in some Moscow gulag.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Nothing like digging up a dead topic but came across this today (i wont post it directly into the post as its over 6000 pixels wide)

http://vhcoasters.files.wordpress.com/2 ... e-view.jpg

It's a massive overview of the proposal and its a stunning image. Several coasters in there I see :) Of course its just concept art but still. The park is currently undergoing feasibility studies so its still up in the air if it will happen at all.

You can also play find the park with that image... i see some Tatsu and some Kraken in there.

Source: http://vhcoasters.com/

Lofty

CF Legend
Wow. So a Storm Runner clone, something like Kraken & a building that looks like a huge Dildo. Lovely.

Yes, this was a joke.

Rachel

Coaster MILF
That concept art is amazing, if they could build anything that looked even close to that it would be pretty impressive.

Russia has never really been on my agenda but this could change that.

Jake

Strata Poster
They've just like, used a photo of SFMM and shoved other stuff on top haha! I love the cred looks like a mine train, but with bits of Tatsu track and Revolution's loop casually in the middle <3.

The fireworks are very RCT3...

Looks cool though.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Nothing like digging up a dead topic for the second time :p

Seems like 4 years has passed since any news of this but sounds like its still moving forwards.

http://www.raapa.ru/en/news/First-Russian-Disneyland-coming-soon

Anatoly Artamonov, Governor of Kaluga region and Gennady Moshkovich, President of Moschanko Investment Group – 2000 (MIG) have finally signed the agreement on construction of the “Magic World of Russia” family entertainment park.
- This unique project is symbolizing the national heritages of Russia, its history and culture, - highlighted Gennady Moshkovich upon signing.

Magic World of Russia” will consist of 12 themed areas each specifically designed both for kids and adults. Among those will be “Our Russia” with interactive tours into the fairytales’ world and 3D-, 4D-, 5D- spaceflights; “Constructor” presenting engineering achievements of the 20th century and challenges of the 21st century; “Antigravity” set of amusement rides; “Adrenalin” extreme sports’ area; “World without borders” for children with serious diseases and limited physical capacities; and others.

The project implementation will feature such world-renowned companies as Gary Goddard Entertainment, Pro Fun Management Group, Moschanko Investment Group, Millennium Innovations Group, Telma & Boom Architects, AECOM Corporation, Absolute Certainty Architects, White Water Corporation, Vector-Foil-Tech LTD, SanLi Pastore and Hill, WIR Group, WET Design, Premier Rides, WTS International, Wheel O'Art.

Total investment in the project is stated to reach $2bln, and the main phase, 70% of the park area, to be completed by 2024. Yearly, the park will be able to accept over 10 mln visitors. Even the nearby military airfield is expected to be remodeled for commercial aviation.

Kaluga.jpg

Peet

Giga Poster
Sounds interesting, I would recommend a visit to Moscow to anyone, although getting a visa was a nightmare when I went last year. I imagine they will have to sort that out before the World Cup anyway so hopefully it will be easier to visit in the future.