9 - Twisted Colossus
8 - Iron Rattler
7 - Goliath
6 - Wicked Cyclone
5 - Storm Chaser
4 - Outlaw Run
3 - Wildfire
2 - Lightning Rod
1 - Medusa Steel Coaster... this is in the #1 spot based on its first reviews. Apparently in the last year or two new wheels have made it loose all of its amazing pacing. If that's the case I'd put it between Goliath and IRat.

I approve :) (for what I've ridden, at least)

Last edited:
Reactions: JSM

Edward M

Strata Poster
I want to update since I just saw a video of Medusa from 2017, and it looks in bad condition. Also wanted to include the 2018 additions cause why not. Ridden in bold.
  1. Lightning Rod
  2. Steel Vengeance
  3. Wildfire
  4. Outlaw Run
  5. Twisted Timbers
  6. Storm Chaser
  7. Goliath
  8. Wicked Cyclone
  9. Medusa (2013 version would be third)
  10. Iron Rattler
  11. Joker
  12. New Texas Giant
  13. Twisted Colossus

Last edited:

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
I'm gonna do my own (Even though I've never ridden any)

1. Steel Vengeance
2. Lightning Rod
3. Wildfire
4. Outlaw Run
5. Twisted Timbers
8. Wicked Cyclone
9. Twisted Colossus
10. RailBlazer
11. Iron Rattler
12. Goliath
13. New Texas Giant
14. Joker
15. Wonder Woman Golden Lasso Coaster
16. Twisted Cyclone

Last edited:

iac17

Mega Poster
i only rideen 2 of then as of now and my list of the one i tried is:
-goliath
-twisted colossus

Imagineer Josh

Mega Poster
I'm gonna do my own (Even though I've never ridden any)

1. Steel Vengeance
2. Lightning Rod
3. Wildfire
4. Outlaw Run
5. Twisted Timbers
8. Wicked Cyclone
9. Twisted Colossus
10. RailBlazer
11. Iron Rattler
12. Goliath
13. New Texas Giant
14. Joker
16. Twisted Cyclone
Storm Chaser?

henryjwillis

Mega Poster
Also never ridden any, but from POVs etc:

1. Steel Vengeance
2. Lightning Rod
3. Outlaw run
4. Twisted Timbers
5. Wildfire
6. Storm Chaser
7. Medusa
8. Iron Rattler
9. Wicked cyclone
10. Twisted colossus
11. New Texas Giant
12. Goliath
13. Joker
14. Twisted Cyclone
15. Railblazer
16. Wonder Woman

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
Storm Chaser?
Awww, I knew I forgot one!
Also It was bad anyways, skipping 6 and 7.
1. Steel Vengeance
2. Lightning Rod
3. Storm Chaser
4.Wildfire
5. Outlaw Run
6. Twisted Timbers
7. Wicked Cyclone
8. Twisted Colossus
9. RailBlazer
10. Medusa
11. Iron Rattler
12. Goliath
13. New Texas Giant
14. Joker
16. Twisted Cyclone

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
I have a new favorite!
  1. Steel Vengeance
  2. Lightning Rod
  3. Wicked Cyclone
  4. Outlaw Run
  5. Storm Chaser
  6. Goliath
This one has it all. Lightning Rod’s pacing, Wicked Cyclone’s rhythm, Goliath’s drop, Outlaw’s brisk inversions, anything there is to like about RMC can be found on this ride, plus a whole lot more. Several of my favorite element sequences ever on the same coaster, by far strongest magnitude airtime I’ve seen on an RMC yet, and some amazing visuals all around. It’s a winner for sure!

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
I have a new favorite!
  1. Steel Vengeance
  2. Lightning Rod
  3. Wicked Cyclone
  4. Outlaw Run
  5. Storm Chaser
  6. Goliath
This one has it all. Lightning Rod’s pacing, Wicked Cyclone’s rhythm, Goliath’s drop, Outlaw’s brisk inversions, anything there is to like about RMC can be found on this ride, plus a whole lot more. Several of my favorite element sequences ever on the same coaster, by far strongest magnitude airtime I’ve seen on an RMC yet, and some amazing visuals all around. It’s a winner for sure!
You’re not the first I’ve heard calling it better than LR. Maybe someone might roll their eyes at the instant hype, but I’m absolutely loving all the superlatives I’m hearing from the first crop of riders. Can’t wait to get on this thing this summer.

Jarrett

You’re not the first I’ve heard calling it better than LR. Maybe someone might roll their eyes at the instant hype, but I’m absolutely loving all the superlatives I’m hearing from the first crop of riders. Can’t wait to get on this thing this summer.
I actually tried to make a point to rank it fairly, as if it were from any other manufacturer at any other park. My first ride up front I actually only put it at #4 because I found the air weaker than LR or WC. But then I rode in the back and just couldn’t not put it at #1.

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
Well, I just got my first RMC ride last night! Also my first night ride on an RMC! And I must say, it might just be my number one!

1. Steel Vengeance
Man, this is one amazing ride! The MCBR isn't even enough time to give yourself a breather! The airtime on this thing is insane! While I didn't ride it in the back like Jarrett, the airtime in row 8 was amazing! The drop was great, the airtime was great, the finale was great; everything about this ride is great. It might just be my new number one!

Geeky Pastimes

Mega Poster
Think this is an unpopular opinion, but having ridden Wildfire today, I think I prefer the only other RMC I've done, Twisted Colossus.

I love the duelling on TC and every drop feels slightly too steep in a good way. Wildfire has a great first third with some amazing views but then it loses steam and becomes kind of mundane with no airtime or interesting elements for the last half or so.

Snoo

The Legend
Updated after riding SV yesterday:

1. Lightning Rod
2. Goliath
3. Steel Vengeance
4. Wildfire
5. Outlaw Run

5. Medusa Steel Coaster
6. Storm Chaser
7. Wicked Cyclone

8. Joker
9. Iron Rattler
10. New Texas Giant

11. Twisted Colossus

Railblazer
Twisted Cyclone
Twisted Timbers
Wonder Woman

Steel Vengeance is a solid coaster which packs A LOT into the ride. I need to ride it again to absorb it all. I also haven't ranked the bottom 4 as I haven't really seen POV's of those rides yet.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Update from what I've ridden after two laps on SV:

1 Steel Vengeance
2 Storm Chaser
3 Outlaw Run
4 Iron Rattler
5 New Texas Giant

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Update:

1. Lightning Rod - Still the undisputed king...for now.
2. Steel Vengeance - A few more rides and it might jump to #1.
3. Outlaw Run - Still a rambunctious, belligerent ride from start to finish.
4. Goliath - My first RMC. It completely blew me away. I'm hoping to get back to Chicago this summer to see if it still lives up to memory.
5. Storm Chaser - I mean how can you not just completely love this little guy?
6. The Joker - It's one of the best flowing RMCs. This ride shows where they began to hit their stride in their mastery of flow and shaping.
7. Wicked Cyclone - The first half is fantastic, but the second half suffers from getting locked into the predecessor's layout. The ride does meander a bit towards the end.
8. Twisted Colossus - The dueling aspect is awesome and the ride is very fun, but the lift hill really does kill the ride.

Jarrett

How did I forget to update this???
  1. Steel Vengeance
  2. Lightning Rod
  3. Wicked Cyclone
  4. Outlaw Run
  5. Twisted Cyclone
  6. Storm Chaser
  7. Goliath

This RMC is a little tiny fireball. On a stat sheet it's underwhelming, but this is proof that the "bigger is better" criticism of RMC commonly seen from preservation groups holds no water. Each element is really small and it hits them at a pretty good speed for what they are, resulting in a really abrupt, brisk ride experience. The drop is probably my favorite of any of the smaller RMCs and has a nice headchopper with two of the C-channels holding up the wave turn. The wave turn mixes lower end RMC airtime with one of the coolest visuals ever, and the hop off of the first overbank has pretty surprising airtime magnitude. Wrap it up in a great package with some great theming and a beautiful color choice and you have me hooked! It ranked as low as it did because it obviously doesn't have as much being as short in several respects, force magnitude was very comparable to Storm Chaser on nylon but with Wicked Cyclone pacing. I ended up ranking above it because of a better drop and what I felt was a better element variety. It's a great lower tier RMC, but it's much gentler than the others so I feel like those who usually have issues with RMC because of force magnitude and restraints might really like this one.

Alexandre CF

Roller Poster
1. Twisted Colossus
2. Steel Vengeance

Ejectors are barely are better and stronger on TC and TC has Top Gun Stall the best inversion ever and the Half Pipe too. SV is a bit overhyped imo as it is in Cedar Point ect, while it’s an excellent Coaster its First Drop isn’t astounding despite of its height and some portions are disappointing.

Pear

Strata Poster
Personally I disagree as SV is my favorite RMC and TC is my least favorite one. The airtime on SV is so much more sustained and the inversions are better. SV lives up to all of its hype IMO and I do agree the drop isn't that intense but neither are TC's lol.

Here's my new list

1. Steel Vengeance
2. Storm Chaser
3. Twisted Timbers
4. Wicked Cyclone
5. Outlaw Run
6. Twisted Colossus

Will be picking up Wildfire next month and I'm hoping to pick up the Texas 3 next Spring.

Last edited:

While we might be excited that it's a massive new RMC, a lot can be seen through the reactions of the general public. When every single train is giving a deafening cheer, you know it's a good ride.

The ones I've ridden...

1. Steel Vengeance
2. Storm Chaser
3. Wicked Cyclone
4. Wildfire
5. Outlaw Run
6. Iron Rattler
7. New Texas Giant