Giga Poster
More details about Hyperion coming on Energylandia's Facebook page:

6FG6UmD.png

phTjiwW.jpg

U5wrVcC.jpg

5ysKBxJ.jpg

kI6uaaB.jpg

aCCXSHZ.jpg

Some pretty good concept arts if you ask me :) I feel the park will definitely taking a new dimension with this addition - if it comes true of course.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Oooh, I love the space age / futuristic style of that concept art. If the real thing comes close to that, I'll just adore this thing that little bit more. <3

coasterfan3657

Roller Poster
I really like that concept art- I loved Silver Star's building due to the atmosphere so I'm sure that this will help the ride no end in terms of appeal to me.

Lofty

CF Legend
Is this still projected to open in 2018? Asking for a friend*

*A friend being myself that wants this in my face.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Is this still projected to open in 2018? Asking for a friend*

*A friend being myself that wants this in my face.

They're still saying 2018 on their Facebook page (they're very active and open to all questions at the mo!), but not saying a date. But I don't remember how open they were with the water coaster's opening being delayed on social media, so take it as you will..

DelPiero

Strata Poster
As much as I'd love this to open in 2018, I couldn't plan for this until it's gone through a bunch of testing. If it starts testing in June I might have to slither though.

Lofty

CF Legend
As much as I'd love this to open in 2018, I couldn't plan for this until it's gone through a bunch of testing. If it starts testing in June I might have to slither though.
Yeah, this. I will wanna go soon as I see it testing, though. BOOOOOO.

iac17

Mega Poster
DeuOf8Z.png

Its first time when EL starts construction works so early, so I guess opening in 2018 is not at the risk of delay.
i've been to energylandia twice and i know that they dont care about the opening schedule ... like "speed" should had opened in 2017 while it's opening in 2018... that's annoying

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
Yay more construction vlogging from Energylandia. Jump to 0:28 for some Hyperion concrete shots.

As a matter of comparison, anyone remember how long did construction take for previous large-scale Intamin mega/wing coasters? From what I see on the forums, there was a little less than a year between the first pictures of Coaster Through the Clouds going up, and its opening.
http://coasterforce.com/forums/threads/nanchang-china-viper-gci-wooden-coaster.37096/#post-932318

Is the park heading for a late 2018 opening then? Just mere speculation, I'd be glad to hear from more knowledgable sources!

Reactions: JSM

Pear

Strata Poster
Yeah and SW8 started construction in like January of 2017 so your comparison isn't very valid at all

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
^That doesn't look like Intamin track. Unless Intamin have altered their track design, that to me looks more like the new-gen Vekoma track.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^That doesn't look like Intamin track. Unless Intamin have altered their track design, that to me looks more like the new-gen Vekoma track.
Maybe they're using the Flying Aces style track:
Intamin%20Flying%20Aces%20Wing%20Coaster%20Ferrari%20World%20Abu%20Dhabi%20ride%20vehicle.JPG

Which is very similar to the I305 and Skyrush track:
0000001793_large.jpg