What's new

Blackpool Pleasure Beach | Icon | Mack Multi-Launch

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
^Well it's quite steep then...

I think you will easily be able to see the top hat from outside the park (Being right next to the big one), maybe from the M55 or open points of Yeadon way.

Sandman

Giga Poster
And so the official updates begin. These are the updates I've been waiting for!

24130027_10155885006192365_3244276097530159163_n.jpg

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
Really really liking the colour scheme, modern yet clean and sophisticated. Everything Blackpool isnt!

Still can't quite believe this is happening its like a dream come true. Im just hoping Blackpool really pull the marketing out of the bag on this one and nail a decent campaign, i'd hate for this to be eclipsed by SW8 by the public simply because blackpools marketing isn't up to scratch!

Sandman

Giga Poster
My brain is still processing the unusual sight of a major new coaster being constructed at BPB. Aside from Infusion (which doesn't really count) I have never actually seen anything this major being constructed at my most frequented park. To be honest, even if Infusion was a new big coaster, it's been a decade since that opened now too and The Big One opened when I was like 4. Exciting times ahead!

JoshC.

Strata Poster
It still hasn't quite set in for me that the k
UK is getting a Mack... Don't think it will till I see either tbh

But yay it's going up. Not 100% on the track colour still, but once I see more of it I guess I'll know whether I like it or not.

Smithy

Strata Poster
I know.

And @Smithy, do you still think it looks like :emoji_poop:?

Yes.

The track would look better in a hundred different colours other than "Primer grey". It honestly looks drab and unfinished.

Also, slightly concerned that it might spoil a bit of what I enjoy about BPB, namely the old/historic feel of the park. Don't get me wrong, I'll probably love the ride, but I'm not sure how I feel about this brand new ultra-modern ride weaving in and out of the old classics, and what it'll look like when finished.