What's new

Blackpool Pleasure Beach | Icon | Mack Multi-Launch

Sandman

Giga Poster
I also find myself thinking that the colour scheme will work well, especially on a coaster that is going to be interacting with lots of brightly coloured rides, in and amongst a tangled mess of colour.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I like the colours. But I hope they repaint Revolution because of this. Then again, heide park has 4 coasters with the the same colour scheme, so I shouldn't really complain.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
This might have already been discussed about, but does anyone think there will be any airtime whatsoever on the top hat after the first launch?

DelPiero

Strata Poster
There's a couple of places where they may be a few pops of airtime. Hopefully the launches are an upgrade on the recent installations we've seen. That's one area Mack are lagging behind on.

Temleh

Mega Poster
Some huge Icon supports arriving this morning:

IyXt29j.jpg

BlDIYOu.jpg

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Icon Construction Update 28/10/2017

*As everyone knows, supports and track are on the car park.
*Cladding on the station, and overall station construction is continuing.
Video by Pleasure Beach Experience.

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
The park have put some kind of tickets on sale to allow you to be amongst the first riders. Not sure how it works but they're £16! :eek:

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...pleasure-beach-rollercoaster-tickets-13915623

Also the above article says this:
"The tickets have gone on sale as the construction of ICON picks up pace, with the completion of a cofferdam tunnel, buried six metres underground where a number of high quality special effects will be stored before propelling riders back into daylight, comes to a close."

Will

Strata Poster
So far as I can tell, is this, alas, just glorified fast track or ERT, whereas I was expecting tickets to be among the first riders when this thing finally opens.

Don't get excited folks, I think this is one for the Blackpool fanboys (unless we've reached the point where park entry + one ride actually comes to more than £16?!)

nadroJ

CF Legend
Lol, I always love the audacity of Blackpool. Be the first to ride!....for a price. They're fab. Imagine the uproar if Merlin did something like that XD

Will

Strata Poster
If 'first to ride' meant 'first to ride' rather than 'first to ride on an abstract date long after the ride has opened that we haven't specified yet' then I can see an argument that it would be worth it (regardless of park operator) - but this, I agree, is exactly the kind of thing you'd expect from Merlin!

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
Yep, I thought it might just be me misinterpreting it, but it does just seem to be a fast-track with a certificate. So no thanks!