What's new

Amanda Thompson to be Chairman of IAAPA

Lofty

CF Legend
Again and try listening this time I'm talking about the industry as a whole. Not just about what I'm guessing by your over the top defence is your local fairground. All I'm saying is if an example was set maybe the industry would follow and be better off for it.
I wasn't talking to you, I was referring to the post above mine which states "You only have to look at Blackpool Pleasure Beach Holding's accounts to know that the park isn't making too much money.", so wind your ****ing neck in, dicky.

MakoMania

Mega Poster
Again and try listening this time I'm talking about the industry as a whole. Not just about what I'm guessing by your over the top defence is your local fairground. All I'm saying is if an example was set maybe the industry would follow and be better off for it.
You really think the industry would follow if BPB miraculously raised wages?

Dippy

Roller Poster
No but maybe the chair/chairperson/chairwoman of their international association. Well compensated happy experienced well trained staff improve every industry. Currently the industry has some off the lowest paid staff as I pointed out earlier. A very high turn over off staff. And there fore staff who could be better trained if they had more time in the industry. Which will only ever happen if people our compensated for doing a goog job. Not kept on minimum wage until they find a higher paying job in a different industry......I'm not saying everyone coming in the door but maybe reward people for staying with the company and gaining experience. On a sliding scale a small rise each year instead off just when there told minimum wage is going up

I wasn't talking to you, I was referring to the post above mine which states "You only have to look at Blackpool Pleasure Beach Holding's accounts to know that the park isn't making too much money.", so wind your :emoji_zipper_mouth:ing neck in, dicky.
Is there really any need for name calling

Sorry read it wrong I'm only learning

Merged these posts into one. Next time, just make one post with all the info you're going to post. -GWAS

Last edited by a moderator:

Lofty

CF Legend
No but maybe the chair/chairperson/chairwoman of their international association. Well compensated happy experienced well trained staff improve every industry. Currently the industry has some off the lowest paid staff as I pointed out earlier. A very high turn over off staff. And there fore staff who could be better trained if they had more time in the industry. Which will only ever happen if people our compensated for doing a goog job. Not kept on minimum wage until they find a higher paying job in a different industry......I'm not saying everyone coming in the door but maybe reward people for staying with the company and gaining experience. On a sliding scale a small rise each year instead off just when there told minimum wage is going up

Merged these posts into one. Next time, just make one post with all the info you're going to post. -GWAS

If you get condescending with me, I’m more than happy to retaliate. You instigated the negativity by inferring I wasn’t reading what you wrote when I wasn’t even responding to you, so don’t act like a victim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dippy

Roller Poster

What's gwas mean again I'm new

Dippy

Roller Poster
If you get condescending with me, I’m more than happy to retaliate. You instigated the negativity by inferring I wasn’t reading what you wrote when I wasn’t even responding to you, so don’t act like a victim.

For which I've apologised it's my first time using a forum I thought I was having a debate with makomania. I agreed with your post about having a good accountant. And liked it I believe. It was a good point. Again
I'm learning..

Smithy

Strata Poster
Lol after all that Dippy was actually agreeing with Lofty and it was a response to the guy above.

Yeah it'd be grand if they paid above the minimum wage but they won't because they don't need to.

Lofty

CF Legend
Great stuff, Dippy.

Like I said, just be careful of your tone on the forums and don’t be too harsh in replying. Take everything with a pinch of salt and you’ll be fine.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Everyone's gonna have a go at me for saying this but **** it I'm gonna say it anyway because there's so much pointless bickering atm.

The problem is, that's how we all talk to each other in here. We're all rude and condescending to each other. But then we've all known each other for ages and in real life so it's ok. It's not really a supprise, however, when new members try and join in with the established tone of the forum. Perhaps, if we were all a little less bitchy/reactionary to each other, new members wouldn't be either. Maybe...

*awaits bitchy, scathing response'.

Lofty

CF Legend
Everyone's gonna have a go at me for saying this but :emoji_zipper_mouth: it I'm gonna say it anyway because there's so much pointless bickering atm.

The problem is, that's how we all talk to each other in here. We're all rude and condescending to each other. But then we've all known each other for ages and in real life so it's ok. It's not really a supprise, however, when new members try and join in with the established tone of the forum. Perhaps, if we were all a little less bitchy/reactionary to each other, new members wouldn't be either. Maybe...

*awaits bitchy, scathing response'.
Whilst to some extent you're correct, it's all about having a social understanding that it's not appropriate to do that when you don't understand the group dynamic. This website does attract people whom seem to lack basic social skills.