What's new

Rank the B&M Hyper coasters

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Shambhala - just joy, joy, joy. A great mix of ejector and floater plus the crazy ampersand and the splashdown. It looks great too

Nitro - I used to rate this above Shambles but I've dropped it down as my memory fades and I've reridden the other several times since. I had a great front row ride with some really powerful airtime but all I hear recently from others is criticism :(

Apollo's Chariot - traditional feel and I like the colour scheme and the way it dives in and out of the trees

Silver Star - it's fine, I just wish it wasn't over a car park

Diamondback - again, no complaints but it didn't blow me away either.

Hollywood Dream - a bit small/short but still some decent air

Raging Bull - the focus on corners rather than airtime turned me off. Don't like the setting much (lots of mud) or the colour scheme which isn't helped by being faded.

Last edited:

DelPiero

Strata Poster
I swear there was a newer version of this thread, but hey-ho.

1 - Fury 325 - Duh, easily the best B&M hyper out there, the others are quite good but this really is exceptional. Some tasty floater as expected but this actual has ejector, direction changes and speed, glorious speed.
2 - Nitro - I didn't experience major rattling which I've heard about so my rides were full of floater airtime through the whole layout, with the brilliantly forceful helix breaking it up. Love this ride, especially at night.
3 - Silver Star - Similar to Nitro with a lot of floater but missing the forceful helix. Not a huge fan of the final S turns, but it's still fab.
4 - Intimidator - Any seat other than the front is a very poor ride. Front is good, nearly as good as Silver Star, plenty of floater all over the place, but ANY other row it's garbage, hardly any weightlessness at all. Don't get the fuss tbh and hence is near the bottom of the list.
5 - Raging Bull - Ghastly. Awful layout, a sapping trim and a grabbing MCBR. That's without even mentioning the disgusting rattle this thing has on train 1. It nearly made me throw up from the rattling and jolting at the bottom of every drop. One of the worst B&Ms in existence, eeeeeew.
Thanks @Edward M, I forgot Intimidator

ThomVD

Giga Poster
I feel that Shambhala is slightly overhyped. I went in expecting it to blow away Silver Star. What I found was a slightly smoother, nicer looking version with a better first drop and a slightly more interesting layout. But I also find the ending much weaker than on Silver Star. So yeah, slightly more refined and better overall, but they're not far apart at all.

ThomVD

Giga Poster
I wish I could love Shambhala as much as everybody else, but I couldn't help feeling a bit disappointed. I was expecting more. Maybe I'll change my mind when I re-ride it? Mostly getting middle-seat rides on it due to attrocious seat assignment didn't help either...

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
I would normally be quick to defend something like this, but Raging Bull totally deserves it. It just barely manages to be in the park's Top 5. Less and less airtime with each ride. Quite sad, actually. I remember it having some amazing sustained floater moments. But now I just don't get any.

That being said, Raging Bull currently is the best, worst, and most mediocre B&M hyper I've done to date.

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
1. Shambhala - Best layout and some of the best airtime. It's glorious! Can't imagine these coasters getting much better.
2. Behemoth - Such strong airtime, and lots of it!
3. Leviathan - Feels very powerful in many respects, just the return journey is a little weaker.
4. Mako - Underrated. The airtime is very good, and the stengel dive is excellent. Does fizzle out at the end though.
5. Silver Star - Best post-MCBR section of these coasters, perhaps? The first valley is a quite rough, but airtime-wise it's solid
6. Diamondback - Similar pacing-wise to Mako, but more rattly.
7. Nitro - If you weren't stapled so tightly, maybe the airtime would better. It's a good ride pre-MCBR, though.
8. Goliath (La Ronde) - Nice, smooth, airtime-focussed ride, but nothing special really.
9. Apollo's Chariot - The setting and the first drop are good, but it doesn't have as much of that blissful "soaring" sensation.
10. Raging Bull - One or two airtime moments, but mostly dull turns.

I love B&M Hypers, can't wait to ride more <3

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
8. Intimidator (the trims seriously killed this thing, it barely had any airtime, though reading the comments of others in this thread I'm wondering if I just hit it on a bad day).

I loved Intimidator a lot more than what I perceive to be its average level of appreciation. For me, it’s really two different coasters. In the front row it has great airtime for the first half of the ride, and then not so much in the second half. In the back row, it’s a coaster of phenomenal, forceful drops from start to finish. The MCBR made me growl with displeasure every time, but aside from that I found it to be an immensely fun ride in that back row.

Then again, I really love forceful drops. Even more than airtime.

Last edited:

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
7. Nitro - If you weren't stapled so tightly, maybe the airtime would better. It's a good ride pre-MCBR, though.

One single ride in which the clamshell restraint sat inches beyond my belly was enough to elevate my opinion of this coaster on the whole. The floater air was phenomenal.

That said, I’ve ridden this coaster many times, and for me it’s got to be the most inconsistent ride I’ve ever known — depending on the day, the time of day, the weather, and the row. Some rides it feels really quite tame. Then on other days it’s a dream of floater air.

The last time I was there a fellow enthusiast told us that row seven was the magic row to capture the most sustained air, and boy, was he right: the angle is just perfect so that in row seven you get floater air over the entire arc of several hills.

Suicide Seats

Roller Poster
I loved Intimidator a lot more than what I perceive to be its average level of appreciation. For me, it’s really two different coasters. In the front row it has great airtime for the first half of the ride, and then not so much in the second half. In the back row, it’s a coaster of phenomenal, forceful drops from start to finish. The MCBR made me growl with displeasure every time, but aside from that I found it to be an immensely fun ride in that back row.

Then again, I really love forceful drops. Even more than airtime.
I'm with you. The airtime on this thing is great, but the back seat is the sweet spot. I took turns binge re-riding Intimidator and Fury 325 a month ago and I could have done that all day long.

Sythe

Mega Poster
Out of the ones I've ridden:
1. Diamondback
2. Mako
3. Intimidator
4. Goliath
5. Nitro
6. Apollo's Chariot
(Behemoth not ranked because I rode it too long ago to remember.)

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Suicide Seats

Roller Poster
Out of the ones I've ridden:
1. Diamondback
2. Mako
3. Intimidator
4. Goliath
5. Nitro
6. Apollo's Chariot
(Behemoth not ranked because I rode it too long ago to remember.)

Did you ride Intimidator pre-Fury?

Hutch

Strata Poster
Love me a good B&M hyper. They seem like some of the most consistent models out there when it comes to enjoyment.

1. Mako - I didn't think it was the best at first but I loved it a lot more after more rides (in fact I've had several rides on this, compared to just a handful on the others I've done). By far the smoothest and most comfortable (no seat belt!), the airtime is amazing and and over bank turns are fun. The ending isn't as strong but honestly there's nothing I'd change about this coaster. Just brings a smile on my face the whole ride.

2. Nitro - I need to ride this again as I've only ridden it in the back row. It has the healthiest mix of airtime and powerful g-forces, and the helix is excellent.

3. Diamondback - Again, stayed towards the back with this one. Unsurprisingly, the airtime is fantastic but the the positive g-forces in between the large camelbacks are a little rattly. There's also a little trim that's a little distracting, but doesn't ruin the airtime.

4. Apollo's Chariot - This was the first B&M hyper I've ridden and I had a low count then so I loved it then. Haven't ridden it since but I've come to realize that the others are more enjoyable/better. Plus I rode it in the cold, so I don't think the airtime was as good as it could have been.

Sythe

Mega Poster
Did you ride Intimidator pre-Fury?
I rode it after Fury, but it didn't effect my rating of it at all. Its a great ride but the airtime isn't very strong and I hate the ending.

Edit: Just realized what you meant by that. I rode it in 2016 so no.