What's new

Energylandia | Hyperion | Intamin Hyper coaster

Lofty

CF Legend
I just realized something.
Might be late to the party, but...

HYPER-ion. It has hyper in the name.
The people that work at Energylandia are Geniuses.
notsurprisedkirk.jpg

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I don't like the name. :( Just feels a bit clunky and awkward to me. Maybe it sounds good in context with the Polish language, but it just doesn't quite work for me.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Ah, must confess that I've never heard of it in Greek mythology! Still not a huge fan of the name, but at least that provides a bit more context for me.

Olaf

Mega Poster
Greek mythology? The father of Helios, Selene and Eos.

To me, the name is in the same league as Wodan (which sounds like Wooden at first glance). :)
But Wood is Hölz in German, so that doesn't work.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn WAS-LX1A met Tapatalk

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Its also an excellent novel by Dan Simmons
Hyperion_cover.jpg
And a type of Battleship in Eve Online
hyperion.jpg
Which means despite its basis in Mythology I really associate this name with Science Fiction. Which I'm cool with as a name for a Hyper Coaster :)

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
^ When I heard the name for the first time, I figured it would be sci-fi themed because when I think of Hyperion, I think of something that belongs in science, like an ion or some type of atomic size thing.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Are there any footers for this yet? Or just the station foundations? This late start along with the water coaster delays makes me doubt opening in 2018 at all right now.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
First of the coaster has some trains.
Energylandia_HYPERION-TRAIN-2.-l-890x445.jpg

There's more on that here http://parkmag.pl/parkipl/poznajcie-kolejne-plany-energylandii/

Secondly this is why we should have kept a separate Park Construction topic for this park :p

Energylandia are currently outlining their plans for the park 2018-2020 each hour on facebook.

So far we have this

New gardens for 2018

New stunts show for 2018

New Water park for 2018

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
So... it's the same model as Skyrush and Flying Aces? On a second notice, the edge seats still have a floor. Maybe it's the future for Intamin hypers? I love this park. Is the company who own the park billionaires?

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
So... it's the same model as Skyrush and Flying Aces? On a second notice, the edge seats still have a floor. Maybe it's the future for Intamin hypers? I love this park. Is the company who own the park billionaires?
The trains seem to just be normal 4 across with the new seats and restraints from Taron. So I'd imagine this is a new design for future hypers.
The park get European Union grants as part of some development fund as Poland is one of Europe's poorest countries.