What's new

Chengdu Aviation park | China | 2019

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Another day. Another new park starts construction somewhere in China.

This one was announced a while back but I waited for proper signs of construction before posting anything

Confirmed rides include
Intamin Family Launched Coaster (Similar in style to Jet Skis and Quad Bike coasters but I imagine plane themed)
Zamperla Air Force
Zamperla Air Race
Zamperla Disco Coaster
Various other Zamperla Flats

The park will also have a fairly large indoor component showing off Aviation history and with a number of static aircraft exhibits.
Not a whole lot else is know yet but some nice concept art below.

Aviation6.jpg Aviation2.jpg Aviation3.png Aviation4.jpg Aviation5.png

And the state of the ground work as of April 2017
Aviation.JPG

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Going on a bit of a spree looking up information about the oldest sticked construction projects in this forum. This park saw an update as recently as January this year:

With a little help from Google Translate, we get these key paragraphs:

When the epidemic made a comeback again this winter, Chengdu Aviation World, the former Internet celebrity paradise project, showed signs of failure again.
(...)
According to the reply from the relevant authorities in Tianfu New Area, the construction unit of Chengdu Aviation World reported that the main body of the project needs to be reorganized. After the reorganization, the remaining industries of the project will be obtained according to the law. Construction will continue within 3 months, and the project will be completed within 2 years. Put into operation.

However, as to when the reorganization of the Chengdu Aviation World will be completed, the relevant authorities are unclear. According to netizens’ recent aerial video, the Chengdu Aviation World is still a barren construction site, which is clearly far away from the official opening.
f06a-khmynua6843115.jpg

So, uh, they're saying 2023, but appear not to be that well positioned to make it happen.

Still, it's news I guess.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Yup this park seems to be stuck in a quagmire of legal issues and different parties claiming breaking of contracts. It seems it may still be going ahead but I'm not holding my breath.

Most frustratingly is it appears the Intamin jet ski was delivered and is sat in pieces near the park. Now if they could either get their act together and build the park or failing that sell the ride on somewhere that would be great.

Screenshot_20210511_170150.jpg

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
There's still rumblings that this park may go ahead eventually when local infrastructure is complete. But it seems the company who originally started construction has pulled out anyway. So can. Probably kill this too.

However on one last hurrah (for now) I decided to have a quick look around for any info and I finally found some deffinete proof that the track that's been on site since 2017 is for the Intamin Launched coaster.

Screenshot_20211012_090730.jpgScreenshot_20211012_090757.jpg

Such a waste.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
There's still rumblings that this park may go ahead eventually when local infrastructure is complete. But it seems the company who originally started construction has pulled out anyway. So can. Probably kill this too.
There goes another one. Quite a lot of pins pulled these days, but it's good to have done some cleanup of this subforum! Thanks for your numerous contributions!