What's new

Chessington World of Adventures 10/09/17 Reports

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
It was a pleasant day. Beige surroundings brightened up by the colour CFers stomping about. We rode all the big rides, including the now-spited Dragon Falls and Peeking Heights. Ate lots of meat. Decided all new rides will be themed to scorpions - Scorpion World of Adventures. Minimal queues. Met a new CF - hi Gman! - and got to know one in the making, Jesse (delpiero's son). Got gassed to death by exhaust fumes on back row Pufari. Actually the animals in Pufari were fab today - the giraffes, omg, the giraffes! The rhinos were boisterous, too. Although the water in the cave was the equivalent of a dripping tap. Had manual restraint release on Vampire. Somebody was sick on Vampire! The pond has been replaced by grass. Rameses broke down with CFers on it.

It was pleasant. Not explosive, but nice enough to walk about, take things in, chat **** and enjoy a few easy going rides. Thank you to everybody who turned up and big kiss to Joey for the ticket.

More scorpions would have topped the day off, but that's Depressington World of Adventures for you.

Rachel

Coaster MILF
^I've contacted the Daily Mail about the terrifying 5 minutes we were left dangling in mid air. Practised my sad face and crossed arms pose too.
I don't have much to add really, it was a good day, queues were short, nice small group so nice to catch up with a few people. Weather held out and we got everything done and it was good to get one last go on Dragon Falls. Vampire was exceptionally swingy and Dragons Fury gave a fantastic ride at the end of the day.
More than anything it got me feeling so excited for Ghosterforce!!
Thanks for a fun day guys, see you all soon :)

DelPiero

Strata Poster
It was fab. Nice to meet a couple of new faces and see the others again, and a nice surprise when Jordan and Conor turned up as I had no idea you guys were coming.
Jesse had a great day and was pretty well behaved, especially when Conor announced he was actually Santa Claus. It was his first(and last) time on Dragon Falls, and he's finally got the Dragon's Fury cred.
The Giraffes were excellent, the last one looked to be heading right for us, and even though the cave sucks so much, it was a slightly better Pufari than usual.
I was half hoping for a Fire Brigade rescue when Rameses got stuck, and Vampire was in a mood after being pee'd on. Thanks to @Joey for the in-station Vampire pee stories.
A reasonably quiet day spent with goons is always a good way to spend a Sunday, thanks all!

Howie

Donkey in a hat
I was looking forward to this little day out far more than I should have been. After all, it was only Chessington. Chessington is craaaap.
And after a full day there, the first in a while for me, I can confirm that yes, Chessington is still completely and utterly crap. As one of only 2 major theme parks serving our nation's great capital, it's just an embarassment.
What does it say about a park when the highlights of the day are a 14 year old Maurer spinner and a giraffe getting a bit of a wiggle on?
But that didn't matter. With the possible exception of 6 year old newcomer, Jesse, everybody already knew that Chessington was crap, so nobody was disappointed, which meant the atmosphere all day was chilled, happy, stress free and altogether lovely. Just a bunch of goons getting together for a nice day out in a sh*t park.
S'what it's all about innit. :)

A big welcome to George, aka theGman. Oh yes, text book goon, you'll fit right in. ;)

Great to meet Delly P at last. Even though you're mean to me on the forum, it was great to finally hammer out some of our differences of opinion face to face. Top bloke, Tom. Next year's gonna be awesome!

Thanks to Jay for the company in the car, thanks to Jordan and Big C for turning up unannounced, thanks to everyone else for just being you, and most of all, thanks to Ian's car for getting the Chief to the gig on time, without whom none of this would be possible.
We love you, dude. :)

See you next month.

Last edited:

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Great to meet Delly P at last. Even though you're mean to me on the forum, it was great to finally hammer out some of our differences of opinion face to face. Top bloke, Tom. Next year's gonna awesome!
You too bud, one of the things I love about the lives is that you can have those opinion chats and really delve into them without all the perceived aggro from forum posting. Our Ka chat was great, really got into your silly little mind ;) Also got to discuss stuff with Joey and while we fundamentally still disagree on Disney, it's just 2 mates having a chat in the queue for a piss stained Arrow.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
^We haven't even had the Star Wars discussion yet. Save that for one of the looooong drives, yeah?

Georgie-M

Mega Poster
^ I believe they're just retheming it to go with the new animal enclosures they're adding next year. imo it's about dang time they gave that ride some clc (Chessie Loving Care)

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
Yeah - twas a fun little day and a bit of a reminder of what I'd been missing so far this year! Highlights were the giraffes and dragons fury.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Nice to meet some of you and see some old faces, I've been out the loop for a couple years now.

Zufari was especially good Sunday! It really can vary, but it was actually worth the wait this time haha.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Being renamed Tiger Falls as it will have tiger enclosures either side and above the final drop.
"TERRIFIED THRILL SEEKERS STUCK ABOVE TIGER ENCLOSURE ON WATER RIDE"
The Daily Mail, 18th June 2018.

You'd have thought Chessington would have learnt from the time the monorail stop just metres above human eating, hungry lions.