Votes: 12 54.5%
  • Slightly

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • No

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters

Will

Strata Poster
Ordinarily I'd say no, but it was just plain evil at GhosterForce, so I'm going for slightly - there are some slightly painful bits on it - the cobra roll and being thrown from shoulder to shoulder on the inlines...

Scott88

Hyper Poster
Is Collusus rough? I thought it was going to knock me out, remind me and my mate Tom to never sit back seats on it again, ahhh that ride was far to rough :cry:

Angel

Hyper Poster
Personally I do find it a rough ride.

And stupidly loud as well, on and off the ride that is.

Although in the rain the speed it runs at is awesome and you kinda forget the pain i felt.

I do normally end up with a mild headache from it though so I would say its rough for sure!

Mark

Strata Poster
Bicko said:
Is Collusus rough? I thought it was going to knock me out, remind me and my mate Tom to never sit back seats on it again, ahhh that ride was far to rough :cry:

I did warn you man! It's a shame your first experience on it was a bad one because I can promise you that oveerall it's not a bad ride. Somedays even now I get on it and it runs really smooth. Apparently one train is smoother then the other too.

I think a way they could combat this problem is get restraints like Air. Well the vest type thing anyways and then they could reduce the size of the bulky OTSR's.

VortexChick, I actually also find the noise the most disturbing part of this ride. As it rips through the Cobra Roll it is just a nasty noise, Screeching worse then nails on a chalk board.

jonnyrocks

Mega Poster
I find the inlines are fine, but the enrty to the loop and the cobera, as well as the corkscrews are very rough.

Funnily enough, when I rode it in the poring rain, it just seemed to be mroe rough, but it was definaly faster :D

A

Anonymous

Me and jason sat in the middle of the train, and the whole thing shakes and vibrates like hell, in 2 years it will give corkscrew a run for its money in being the UK roughest coaster.

A

Anonymous

Nah, I don't think colossus is rough at all! Ive never thought it was rough, maybe a bit on the cobra roll but not alot.

sKrATcher

Roller Poster
I know I'm resurrecting a thread that's 12 YEARS old, but I didn't find it too rough, in fact, it's in my top 10 of favorite rides. I loved it!

Will

Strata Poster
To be honest, 12 years of Intamin ageing coupled with the standard Thorpe Park neglect has likely changed a few opinions.
I know it has mine!

sKrATcher

Roller Poster
To be honest, 12 years of Intamin ageing coupled with the standard Thorpe Park neglect has likely changed a few opinions.
I know it has mine!
I last rode it in 2013. Not sure if it was considered rough then, but even 4 years later could probably make a difference, particularly if things aren't maintained.

wakey1512

Roller Poster
I find colossus rough. The worst part is the condition of the track, it's worn out and bumpy. The last time I rode it the whole rig looked very unsightly with all the grease off the chain lift collecting on the supports.

lachlan

Mega Poster
I thought it was a bit rough but it was made worse by the uncomfortable cars. Put lapbars on it and I'm sure it would be great (...except for the quadruple heartline roll)

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Nah. People are pussies. There's much worse out there.
Incorrect.

I thought this was the case, until I rode in the back row with @DelPiero a few weeks back. In the front row, Baco is rubbish, but rideable. In the back it was one of the most unpleasant coaster experiences I can recall. It wasn't just like it was rough, it was jarring with every element having some sizable jolts. It's a piece of ****.

If it wasn't for the launch, I'd consider trying to burn it down.