What's new

Phantasialand | F. L. Y. | Vekoma Launched Flying Coaster | 2020

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Considering how massive a change we've seen from Vekoma with their new looping coasters (a full overhaul of track and trains), I'm fairly sure they're going to have ditched the awful Dutchman restraints. If they've kept the style, I think (hope) they'll have been reworked massively.

MrRC

Mega Poster
Some newer pictures :

5a46bfb31b328932657fd27bf9524fc0.jpg

d41b2f7870482018f530b6683de2ddc3.jpg

http://vekoma.webklik.nl/page/vekoma-nieuws

Ethan

Strata Poster
Such a tease. I still can't picture how they can fit the longest flyer in there, and have any room for steampunk buildings and theming? Can't wait to see.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Restraints look fairly similar to Lech Coaster and the like then. Has anybody experienced these new restraints? As a person who's over 6 foot, I'm a little nervous about my shoulders being compressed to dust.

Ireeb

Mega Poster
It may be a difference whether you are being pushed into the seat by them or if you are lying in them. I didn't try any Vekoma vests at all, but I think for a flying coaster tight restraints are not that uncomfortable like they are on sitdown coasters.

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
Restraints look fairly similar to Lech Coaster and the like then. Has anybody experienced these new restraints? As a person who's over 6 foot, I'm a little nervous about my shoulders being compressed to dust.

Well, I'm 5ft 3... but I've tried new Vekoma restraints on Lech, F1 and Hyperspace Mountain Paris. They were a little unconvenient at first, but I got used to them by 3 or 4 laps and didn't feel they were too restrictive to my sense of freedom on the ride. Except for the Hyperspace Mountain ones, those felt really heavy!

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
Those leg things look f*cked up from this angle. Is there meant to be more to those?

Guess I can't complain about it not being lap bar for once.
Or can I...