What's new

Most forgettable coaster you've ridden?

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Some coasters are masterpieces. The best you've ridden. Good enough to be put near the top of a list you're keeping. The coasters we live and breathe for, that we could ride all day, the ones we plan our vacations around.
On the other hand, there are the bad ones. Those rough enough to give you permanent bruises and dislodged bones.
Then there are those that are remarkable in other ways. Coasters that don't ride that well, but which leave an impact on you through visuals, themeing, music, or other concepts. They may not be your favourites, but charming enough to be memorable anyway.
And finally the quirky ones. Ugly, poorly executed, poorly operated, or just so tiny that you ride and remember them for the gooniness factor. Kiddie coasters too small for anybody to take seriously, obscure creds you travel two hours out of your way to ride and leave the park after ten minutes, or regular rides that manage to have a 15-minute queue despite there not even being enough guests there to fill up a train. Those that make you roll your eyes talking about them.

This thread isn't about either of those. It's about the remaining ones, those that leave no impression at all. Coasters you ride because they're available, you note +1 in your coaster count, and forget the experience before you reach their exit gate. These coasters don't stand out in any way. Not in your spreadsheet, not in your memory, not even in their own park. They exist, but they don't do anything. They rarely disappoint you, because you have no expectations of them (and if they turn out to be surprisingly good - or bad - they don't belong here). Here I want to talk about the coasters that are so decidedly average it makes them bad in its own right. Not so bad they're good, not so bad they're worse, but so okay they're bad. They neither thrill, hurt, nor entertain you, not even ironically. They exist. That's it.

For me, an example would be Western-Expressen at TusenFryd. The park built it. I rode it. Maybe several times, on different visits. Still can't remember any of it.

Flying Fish at Thorpe Park didn't stand out either. I rode it on a day the park was absolutely packed. It still had a queue, but not too long. We rode it twice, but I can't remember getting any reaction out of it whatsoever. Is it powered? Does it have a lift? I think the track crosses itself once or twice, but I can neither remember headchoppers nor any hills. I acknowledge its existence and the fact that I rode it, but it left no impression whatsoever.

What coasters do you barely remember riding?

Edward M

Strata Poster
Pandemonium Six Flags Fiesta Texas. Forgot they had this until about a minute ago looking at my coaster count. It's just, there.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
I think that it could be said most mid-sized coasters are rather forgettable, mid sized from the start would basically implied no large drops or high speed actions, things that most coaster fans would find memorable.. And then in that group I think underutilized mine trains come to mine and stand out the most. The one at Port Adventura, the one at Hersheypark, the ones at pretty much every Six Flags (MM, OG, OT..... St Louis being the worst).... The one at Magic Springs, the one at Great Escape, Cedar Point..... Basically all of them besides Silver Dollar City, and the Disney ones as far as my riding goes. Maybe Colorado Adventure? although I found that underwhelming thanks to the hype machine. Great Adventure might get a pass because of the final airtime hill. And maybe the one at Fiesta Texas because of the surroundings? Could it be that mine trains are the most forgettable coaster genre? But just because they are forgettable, doesn't mean they aren't fun well you're riding them?

davidm

Strata Poster
Phoenix@Knoebels.
Definitely ridden it, can't remember a thing about it.

(obviously there are many more forgettable coasters than that, but thats the one that I remember forgetting (if that makes any sense))

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
I actually forgot Thunderation at SDC in my Coaster-Count account.

Most of SFStL is pretty forgettable as well

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

Ethan

Strata Poster
The wing coaster at Heide Park. Literally hardly remember riding it, but I do remember it was extremely disappointing and completely forgettable. Also Rita at Alton Towers, I've been on it quite a few times and I still can't remember how the ride feels, it's just so blah (which is odd considering how fab Desert Race is.)

Will

Strata Poster
The first that come into my head are Falken at Farup Sommerland and Anaconda at Walygator.
Admittedly, both were at least 7 years ago, but I can't remember a damn thing about either. Except they were 'meh'.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Probably one of the hardest threads to answer, because, well... I've forgotten about them. While pondering this topic, if something pops into your head it is, by definition, because you've remembered it for something.
So I went on to coaster-count and looked at my list of ridden coasters, and there were 2 that stood out. Pegasus at Efteling and the Tami Tami coaster at Port Aventura. They stood out because I just didn't recognise them, couldn't picture them in my head, I don't even know what they are without looking them up. Which is exactly what I'm going to do next.

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
My quickest and easiest answer would be clones. I'm not a fan of most clones, and they quickly all blur into one.

My oddest answer might be KD's Anaconda, a coaster many consider rough, but I consider it just bland. But even it stands out for its age and for having a corkscrew over water.

ThomVD

Giga Poster
For me it's Nickelodeon Streak. In a park with so many similar woodies, I can't remember much from this one. Except that it didn't have any airtime.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
So I went on to coaster-count and looked at my list of ridden coasters, and there were 2 that stood out. Pegasus at Efteling and the Tami Tami coaster at Port Aventura. They stood out because I just didn't recognise them, couldn't picture them in my head, I don't even know what they are without looking them up. Which is exactly what I'm going to do next.
That's the way I've done this too, so the ones I have no real recollection of riding are;
Vilde Mus - Bakken - I have 0 recollection of riding this, but I must have done as I was with a load of goons.
Mighty Mini Mega - Adventure Island - Vaguely remember this but nothing about the ride experience
Astro Storm - Brean - I remember queuing but that's it. I have loads of memories around the rest of Brean but the ride on this one isn't one of them.

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
I'd say Space Mountain at Magic Kingdom. I know that it has stars surrounding you, and I know that I sat in the front.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Antelope at Gulliver's Warrington. Surely the most forgettable woodie in the UK?
Antelope was my first woodie and I still remember riding it even though that was a 15 years ago. Though yeah, ride itself is nothing to write home about. :(

For me, it'd have to be the powered coaster at Bobbejaanland. Can't even remember the name, and can't be bothered to look out up. I remember walking through the queue, but that's in. In a park with 7 creds, all of which are average at best, this is easily the most forgettable.

nadroJ

CF Legend
At the risk of being 'that person', when you've ridden as many coasters as I have there's actually loads I just forget about. Like I'll scroll through my Coaster Count and be like oh...that was a thing apparently. A lot of the C&P Six Flags stuff falls into this category. I'm sure it's the same for a lot of others in the 500+ gang.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
A lot of the Schwarzkopf here in the states are a standard loop-and-turns affair. While Mind Bender is even a pretty good ride... it doesn't stray far from the formula. Ridden one, ridden them all.

The Giovanola hypers (Goliath and Titan) I also tell myself were fun... but I cannot remember the actual ride experience to confirm.

Lofty

CF Legend
At the risk of being 'that person', when you've ridden as many coasters as I have there's actually loads I just forget about. Like I'll scroll through my Coaster Count and be like oh...that was a thing apparently. A lot of the C&P Six Flags stuff falls into this category. I'm sure it's the same for a lot of others in the 500+ gang.
Yeah, I know I'm not on anywhere near your count, but even after the recent trip to the states, I've looked back like "Did I ride that? I really can't remember..."